Chapter 2

Crushed By Crush

[Taeyeon’s POV]

The class was always crowded and noisy on recess time, that’s why I prefer to spend it outside. Outside the class, not outside of school. Since my school builiding is O shaped, we need to circle half of the floor just to reach the class across of ours, we have a little space like a veranda where we could what’s happening downstair (my class is on the third floor). As usual, I rested my chin on the ‘veranda’ wall while muching my bread, watching the freshmen rushed their way to the school war zone downstair, the canteen. A small grin broke on my face when I saw a few kids fight each other for foods. Was that we all call as friendship? Well, I never have any interest in friendship anyway. It always ended up being friend.

“You should smile more often” a soft voice my train of thoughts and made me jump.

“Jessica.. I have a weak heart, please don’t scare me like that” I said while rubbing my chest to soothe my poor heart.

She giggled. Happy that she managed to scare the scariest girl in class.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“Nothing in particular.”

“You seem to be having fun.” She glanced at me, eyes b with hope that I would explain what I was smilling about.

Before I could answer her. Our Biology teacher, Mr. Kang, popped out of no where. Ugh. I have never like him. To be blunt, I know more than him. I hate him. He likes me.

“There you are, Taeyeon.” He smiled.

“Yea?” I answered half-heartedly.

“Could you help me to water the plants that you guys plant for class in the garden? I have some business to take care of.”

My face brighten up after hearing his request. I’ve always like gardening but my parents never allow me to do so.

“Sure.” I smiled.

“Thanks.” He waved as he walked futher away.

I turned my head to Jessica, “Wanna come?”

“Why not?”

Great! Me and her alone! My heart started to pound wildly and I could only hope that my face wasn’t red. What would she react if she found out about my feelings? She might avoid me, hit me, or worst, she will hate me and feel disgusted.

“I thought zoning out is my speciality but I guess the smartest kid in class beats me in this aspect too.” That sentence brought me back to reality.

“Ah.. sorry, I have a lot in my mind.”

“Your face is really serious when you’re lost in thoughts. What are you thinking about? Math?”

“Nah, it’s personal.”

Should I just tell her that she’s the one I thought about? Impossible right? We were half way to the garden and another trouble maker showed up.

“Hey, Jess! Accompany me to the canteen!” Hyoyeon, Jessica’s bestfriend, from Social Department asked while hopping her way to us.

I glanced at Jessica, half hoping she would choose me over her stupid best friend. But alas…

“Sure!” She smiled brightly and made her way to Hyoyeon’s side.

“Sorry, Taeyeon. Maybe next time?”

I nodded. It’s not like it’s the first time it happens. I had known the taste of betrayal since I was 9. Pretty early but I’m glad that I got to understand that human earlier than anyone else. But it didn’t mean that it doesn’t hurt every time she did this. I quickly finished my job and went back to my class. Mentally exhausted.

“Tae! Help me.”

I heard the voice and the sentence I hate the most as soon as I rested my head on my desk.

“What is it?” I growled.

“Hey, don’t be like that. I’m in a pinch right now.”

I lifted my head and glared at Yuri, my first friend since primary school and the girl who betrayed heartlessly for the first time in my life. It’s not like we became enemy, it’s just that I couldn’t trust her anymore and I hate the fact that she always act like she know me the best just because she had known me for ten years. I let out a long sigh as I saw her dragged a chair to sit in front of me.

“Teach me this.” She pointed at some math questions that SUPPOSED to be submitted yesterday.

Being a nice human being, I explained the ways to solve those problems to her.

“You know, you’ve been close to the princess lately.” She said and rose her eyebrows in a manner of questioning.

“And?” I challenged.

“It’s rare to see you being close to other people.”

‘Whose fault do you think it is that I have trust issue?’ was the sentence I have never dare to confront Yuri. I know those words would bring war.

“There’s nothing strange, I just make friends other than you.” I shurgged.

“It IS strange. You know, I’ve been in one class with the princess for 2 years and she never open up like that before AND you! You’ve always been an introvert.” She pointed her pencil in my face.

“Birds of the same feather flock together, right?” I answer smartly.

Eventhough a bunch of questions surfaced in my brain. Why would Jessica open up to me? Is there any chance she like me too? But if she likes me, she would choose me over Hyoyeon, right? Too many ‘why’(s) and ‘if’(s). I didn’t want to keep my hopes up. Cause I know better than anyone that Jessica is a religious person. It’s particulary impossible for her to fall for me.

“You’re zoning out again.”

Again. My train of thoughts got cut off. When I looked in front of me, the stupid Yuri is gone. Instead, an angel stood before me. An angel named, Jessica Jung.

“I really wonder what are you thinking about with that serious face.” She flashed me a wide smile.

“Erm…” was the only sound I could make to answer her.

“Come on, I’ll keep it as secret.” She said mischievously.

“I’d rather not” I laughed as she pouted.

“You know, you should really smile more.”

“Hm? You want me to keep smiling without reason like a crazy girl?” I asked coolly. Fearing that she would read my mind that I’m always nervous around her.

She laughed from my lame joke and said, “No, you know I don’t mean it like that.”

“So? What do you mean?” I said in Justin Bieber’s ‘What Yo You Mean?’ tone.

“Geez, you meanie.” She hit my shoulder lightly.

“Eh? What did I do?” Playing clueless.

And BOOM! Another trouble maker showed up. I really really hate this one. Tiffany Hwang. Did I tell you that she actually is Yuri’s best friend since kindergarten? Strangely, I always feel like she’s super jealous every time Jessica and I talking. I’m not sure is it because Science 1 and Science 2 war or she just hate me.

“Jessi, help me with my homework.” The girl said as she pulled Jessica away from me.

“Wait, what? Are you crazy, Tiff? Did you take medicine? You know I’m worse than you in studying.” Jessica pulled away frantically.

It was actually quite a funny scene but I couldn’t smile after I realize that Tiffany Hwang would stoop that low just to separate me with Jessica. Seriously, what’s wrong with this girl?

“Ask Taeyeon to help you then, unlike you and me, she actually study.” Jessica said.

“So you do understand you should take your studies more seriously.” I stated coolly to Jessica.

“A-hahaha…” She just let out a dry laugh.

“No way, I’ll ask Yuri.” Tiffany said as she stomped away.

[Taeyeon POV ends]

 

Without them noticing, there are actually two pair of eyes that were watching them closely. Who were they? Will they cause more problem to Taeyeon or will they help her out instead?

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update and grammar errors~

Don't forget to leave comments~

Enjoy~

-author-