Chapter 1

Crushed By Crush

[Taeyeon POV]

I pumped my short legs to fasten my pace as I walk through the quite school corridor. I glanced at my wrist watch for a second. It was 06.50 AM. I walked in my dark classroom, the light, put my 10+ kg weighted bag my respective seat and began to lost myself in a book I borrowed from the library. As usual, I was the first to come. My class started on 07.30 AM. You might wonder why I came this early right ? It’s simply because I thought that’s my responsibility as student.

I was the prim and proper type. I always came in time, listened to the teacher well, did my homework right, submitted my homework on time, study after schools, and of course be the number one in class. You probably imagine me as a nerd with big glasses that was loved by all teachers but no, I was quite the opposite. I was blunt, my mouth was faster than my brain, I liked jeans than skirt, and really short-temperate. I was the combination that can make everyone hate me. Even I hated myself.

I tried to control my temper as the time passed. This was the last year of my high school life anyway so I wanted to left a good impression. I didn’t think it worked though. They just kept bringing up the past. Actually I was never care that much because I was sure I don’t to meet them ever again after I graduated.

Just then, certain someone came to my life and make me more conscious about actions, words, and surrounding. Her name was Jessica Jung. I met her when we entered this high school and got in one team in a school event in our freshmen year but being the introvert I was, I never talk to her. The only things I knew about her were her name and her best friend’s name, Hyoyeon. Jessica and I were in different class for straight 2 year. In the last year of high school, we were put in the same class and that changed a lot of things in my life.

For the last 2 years, I forgot about her existence. When we met again, something was different about her. She has become more beautiful than before and for the first time in 18 years of my life, I was attracted to someone ! Can you imagine ? The number 1 “nerd” in the school finally fell in love. I always got more fidgety when she was around. You know, I couldn’t even look her in the eyes. That was the first time I felt like a normal teenager. But hell, I was freaking attracted to a GIRL instead a boy. My family was a religious type and opposed LGBT, so was the country I lived in. I was doomed. I was sure my life couldn’t be messier.

As I was “talking” to you, the classroom has become more lively. I told you, no one really care about my existence unless there was an exam. The bell rang and soon enough the teacher came in. I looked at two seats over my left, her seat was still empty.

About 5 minutes later, there was a knock and I knew who it was without even taking a glance. It was Jessica. She walked in the class with her innocent smile that could melt anyone included the teacher.

“The princess has arrived !” someone yelled and the class burst in a fit laughter.

We called her princess because she was ALWAYS late but never get punished. I guess the teachers didn’t have the heart to punish such a cute girl like her.

It’s weird for me to like her. I mean, usually I hate people who never come on time, never finish their homework, slept in the class, never bring books and all but I found it cute when she did it. I must have hit my head somewhere. Hard.

Let me described more about her. She was pretty. Her smile was sweet. Her voice was high-pitched. She always used some body butter that smell freaking good. Overall, she was the type that make boys fell head over heels. But strangely, those weren’t the reason she caught my eyes. I felt like she was really mysterious (?). If you looked closely she acted quite weird (in a cute way). I was good in reading people and when I saw her, there was this feeling that say she hid a lot. She smile a lot but rarely laugh. It made me wanted to find out more about her. I wanted to understand what’s on her mind, what’s her concern, what’s happening in her life, her problems and all. I wanted her to open up to me.

I looked over my left to see her again. This time she looked at my direction too. I smiled as she flashed me a cute grin. My smile soon became a frown when I realized she didn’t bring her books……AGAIN.

“Where’s your book ?” I asked.

“They are too heavy~” she said with the same grin.

I playfully glared at her. She gave me a peace sign with her hands.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take notes~” she said.

I was about turned my attention to the teachers again when Tiffany, who sit between me and Jessica suddenly spoke up.

“Could you guys stop talking to each other like I don’t even exist ?” She said. Irritated.

“Sorry, I’ll surely pay more attention to you next time, Mi Young” as if my sarcastic tone wasn’t enough, I rolled my eyes in front of her while Jessica was busy giggling at us.

Jessica and I has become closer since we got in the same class. On the other hand, there was Stephanie Hwang Mi Young who called as Tiffany kept trying to pry us apart. I couldn’t really blame her though. Originally we were in two different classes. Science 1 and Science 2. People in science 1 were generally smart, while science 2 a little bit… you know, dense. There were 16 students in each class, but this year, the headmaster decided to put the two classes together. Science 1 and 2 was never really in a good term but the stupid headmaster still insist to put us together. Therefore, the war between Science 1 and 2 arose. Though I didn’t like the sudden joint too, I chose to play the safe role, the neutral.

Jessica and Tiffany was from science 1 class while I was from science 2. That’s why Tiffany hate me (and all of science 2 student).Although I knew Tiffany long a way before Jessica did, since primary 3, we never hit it off like other people would. While Jessica and Tiffany were became friends since they started high school. Now that I thought of it, I might have left a bad impression to Tiffany back when we were still young and that impression might still stuck deep inside her filthy heart. She might just wanted to ‘save’ Jessica from my stupid knife-like mouth. In spite of all the war and the disturbance of Tiffany, my crush and I still got closer and closer as time passed. I don’t know what would this feeling brought me to but I hope it would be somewhere nice.    

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it take me so long to update and the grammar errors

Please leave some comment for me

Enjoy

-author-