of valentine's day and peculiar fortunes

no amortentia required

longass chapter after being dead for like two years enjOY

 

chapter six

of valentine's day and peculiar fortunes



it happens to be the unfortunate truth that the next monthly hogsmeade visit is on valentine's day. well, unfortunate for people like yeri, anyway - in other words, people without someone to get chocolates from.

"valentine's day is a bloody joke," yoongi announces at the breakfast table. he throws a disgusted look at the heart-shaped chocolates bewitched to soar around the great hall. "no practical use or contribution to the wizard community whatsoever." yeri concurs silently as she flips over a page in her DADA textbook.

"but the sweets," tzuyu disagrees, cradling a box of pink cauldron cakes. from what yeri knows, she received them from someone, but she's not sure who.
 

"you can get sweets any time besides the fourteenth day of february."

"but it's such a lovely occasion in itself," interrupts jessica. she may be head girl and the practical face of the slytherin house, but that doesn't seem to stop her from being a romantic. "all those shy confessions and secret whispers of love. not to mention those limited edition red chocolate frogs.."

 

"you sure you have no one to give chocolates to, yoongi?" sehun interjects.

yoongi gives him an odd look. "no."

"is that true, fellow chaser of mine?" jongin inquires slyly, his eyebrows wriggling in a suggestive way. "i just happened to hear from yixing that he saw you enjoying a delightful tutoring session with hufflepuff beater seulgi kang..." (yeri is sure she hears sehun whispering "scandalous!" in the background.)

 

"and a wonderful unplanned date with her near the forbidden forest," wonwoo comments dryly, which sends mina into hysterics. he and jongin exchange a high-five.

 

the pale boy chokes mid-chew, evidently caught off guard. "how did he- how did he even-" he's stuttering, which is very unlike his normal self, yeri notes. 

 

junhoe mock-sighs. "you know yixing. he's everywhere."

 

"that actually sounds creepy, junhoe," tzuyu shakes her head. "creepy, but true. but wow, yoongi with seulgi?" a mischievous smile takes over her face as yoongi's ears turn positively crimson. "looks like we have another pet project." the girl elbows the others, and they all snigger.

 

the another catches yeri's attention. "what other project do you have?" she questions with mild curiosity.

her friends exchange a brief, panicked look. "nothing," they reply.

for some reason, their reaction makes the slytherin prefect feel very suspicious. "what are you hiding from me?" the girl asks coolly.

"fine," tzuyu sighs dramatically. she looks around to ensure that none of their housemates are watching, and lowers her voice to a faint whisper. "er, we're trying to get wonwoo and jongin together."

 

"what?" yeri answers in disbelief. she shoots a look at both of them, to see both of them having their usual banter - the usual jokes and laughs. "you're joking-"
 

"shh, jongin admitted he's into wonwoo. and the latter just screams gay," tzuyu replies hastily, seeming rather cautious of possible eavesdroppers. "don't go off and ask them, okay? wonwoo doesn't know about this."

 

there's something a little off about her manner, but yeri shrugs. "alright." it's not like she doesn't know about jongin being biual, but him interested in one of his best mates? she stares at them, befuddled. and if it's not one-sided - clearly, wonwoo needs a visit to st. mungo's (really? jongin of all people?)

the early bell rings, signaling that there's thirty minutes left until the hogsmeade trip. yeri informs her friends that she'll be back after placing her book in the slytherin dorms. she slides between the tables, towards the grand entrance - and happens to pass by the gryffindors.

 

the gryffindors have a breakfast scenery that certainly differs from those of the slytherins: loud, rowdy, and altogether vivacious. yeri wonders if jungkook is actually like this too - even though he looks as if he couldn’t even hurt a fly.

 

when she begins to approach the end of the table - where it's the loudest - the noise suddenly dies down.

 

"-turtle," one is saying. it's one of the guys she saw on the quidditch field a month back, but she can't quite remember his name. barkhyun? yeri's not sure, and she blames her defective memory for it. but whatever it was that he said, the entire table hushes to the level of quietude in a transfiguration class.

 

when she's passing by the tranquil bunch, yeri can't help noticing jungkook - his face is a light shade of crimson and his expression seems exceedingly uncomfortable as he stares wildly at his mates. for a moment, the girl has thoughts of greeting him. but now doesn't seem like a good time, she decides. 

 

yeri does her best to pass by undetected - she really does - sadly, it seems merlin is not on her side today.

 

"oi, yeri!"

 

leave it to taehyung, the prefect thinks miserably. "hi," she manages to respond.

 

even though she only exchanges the normal pleasantries with taehyung, the slytherin can't help but notice the gryffindors' eyes on her. the curiosity reflected in their gazes are something beyond passing interest - that she knows for sure. if only she could figure out the reason behind it all...

 

"are you going to hogsmeade today?" he inquires.

 

yeri has no idea why he's keen on asking the obvious, but sees no harm in responding. "well yeah, of course. who isn't?"

 

her response induces a round of hoots from the gryffindor table. "that's ace," taehyung comments eagerly. "you see, you can hang out with me and jungkook here, and the other gryffindors - if it's alright with you, of course-"

 

"leave her be, taehyung, for the love of merlin," someone - jungkook - snaps rather loudly. "she probably wants to be around her own mates, don't try to pressure her into something she doesn't want." their eyes meet - he flinches slightly - and he mumbles a small and embarrassed 'hello' to her, to which the slytherin nods back awkwardly.

 

"i didn't pressure her!" taehyung protests. "i said, if it's alright with you. get your facts right, jungkook..."

 

"your face spoke for itself," the seeker responds icily. 

 

"my face? what do you mean, my face-"

 

yeri feels increasingly out of place as their bickering continues. "er," she stammers. "i have to go, see you later.." the girl hurriedly walks her way out of the great hall, with taehyung's rambunctious good bye floating behind her.

 

 

(what the slytherin prefect doesn’t know: there were more than a few comments made on the little happening by the gryffindors, but not now - we'll get into that some time later, dear reader.)


 

----


 

"merlin, yeye, can't you get at least one right-"

 

"i'm trying," yeri defends herself. she steadies her feet and aims once again for the smallest wooden heart hovering mid-air - but her ball misses, to no avail. "ugh, this is so hard." 

 

it's just another visit to hogsmeade, but exciting nevertheless. the valentine's day booths are always a wonder, and this year is no exception.

 

"it's as easy as wingardium leviosa," junhoe snorts. he takes her place and throws the spherical object once more - knocking down the small-sized heart. a cheer echoes throughout the booth as the boy collects his prize of ten limited edition chocolate frogs.

 

"funny, because i remember you were one of the last blokes in your year to master wingardium leviosa," says wendy, sixth year ravenclaw prefect. tzuyu and yeri stifle their snorts.

 

the slytherin boy's face colours upon her commentary. "it was first year, i was was a bumbling idiot. i'd like to see how well you can aim."

 

"sure," the ravenclaw prefect responds easily. she lays two sickles on the counter, picks up a blue ball from the crate beside her and walks up the aiming zone. her eyebrows knit as she focuses on a target, her calculating gaze reflecting her thorough contemplation. finally, she tosses the ball - it hits the highest heart above the ground.

 

 

the bystanders roar as she steps down triumphantly, receiving the grand prize of two hundred galleons, three limited edition chocolate frog boxes, a wand polishing kit and a free pass to duke's and weasley's wizarding wheezes. she gives a sweet smile to junhoe, who blinks in pure disbelief.

 

"here, tots," wendy distributes a chocolate frog to each of them. when junhoe looks miffed, and yeri and tzuyu give her an unsure look, she says, "it's fine, i have a free pass, remember? and junhoe, just take it. i know you adore chocolate frogs." the slytherin boy makes a funny noise, but eventually takes the box, muttering a quick and somewhat meek 'thanks.'

 

"thanks, wendy," yeri says gratefully.

 

"no problem, kids. have to go now though, the great gremilda's show is starting soon, and i wouldn't want seokjin to wait too long-"
 

"-which is exactly the reason i'm here," another interrupts casually. it's seokjin, seventh year hufflepuff and quidditch captain - and wendy's boyfriend for three years. "hullo, guys." he greets them good-naturedly.


the three slytherins greet him, while wendy looks startled, though pleasantly so. "jin! you didn't have to come all the way, it's cold out there..." she shakes her head upon touching his ice-cold hands. "bleeding hell, you're freezing."

"you should watch your language, miss prefect. wouldn't like you to be demoted. i'm fine, if you ask me."

wendy waves his comment away. "mcgonagall isn't even here, it's fine. but seriously, you know the blasted christmas-y weather it is out there."

 

"and make you come all the way by yourself?" her significant other rolls his eyes. "give me some credit, wen. what kind of boyfriend would i be if i made you come alone in that 'blasted christmas-y' weather, as you say? and it's valentine's, after all."

"well, fine," the ravenclaw sighs. "but i've got to admit, i'm touched."

"of course you are," seokjin replies cheekily. wendy slaps him on the shoulder playfully, then pecks him on the cheek. he reciprocates with a kiss on her forehead (meanwhile, yeri is sure that she and her friends are thoroughly grossed out, but in a good way.)

"guess we have to go, then," wendy says. she waves to the three slytherins as she and seokjin take off. "cheers!"
 

the three wave back, and tzuyu sighs, her expression resembling somewhat the grin of a mother hen. "sweet merlin," she murmurs. "that's what you call true love..."

 

yeri snorts. "tzuyu, we're fifteen. what would we know about true love?"

 

"that it's painful for other people to look at?" junhoe grumbles. "it's good how they care for each other, but the cheese, god-"

"romance, junhoe, romance," tzuyu says like a wise owl. "of course, you'd know nothing about it since you've never been in love."

the boy reddens considerably. "that's not true, you know the girls i've gone out with-"

"that's just adolescent experience! it's nothing compared to the mature love shared by two adults.."

"erm, wendy and seokjin are teenagers too," yeri reminds her.

tzuyu shrugs. "well, you know what i mean. not the usual fling." she stares pointedly at junhoe, who winces under her gaze.

 

hearing tzuyu mention 'true love' stirs a cliché curiosity in the slytherin prefect - when will she ever find her perfect match? though the idea of a 'true love' seems a bit far-fetched and ridiculous to her, she can't deny that it seems a bit romantic in a sense - the part about mature love, specifically, and not the careless, juvenile attractions abundant in adolescence. yeri doesn't think she could classify her ideal type, but she's sure it would be someone who's kind and humorous - someone who's refreshingly different from her, even, daring and athletic, maybe someone like jungkook-
 

whoa, wait, where did that come from?


yeri instantly blushes upon the thought. no, that's just weird, she convinces herself. he's a good friend and companion, and nothing else. if i did, i would have had no reason to feel so awkward before... she reminisces the incident from this morning.

 

"you alright, yeri? you look awfully red."

 

the prefect snaps out of her trance, and laughs awkwardly. "er, nothing. it's the heat of the fireplace, i guess..." when tzuyu looks at her suspiciously, she quickly looks outside, searching for a subject worthy of a change in topic. her eyes first land on madame wimbledon's spectacular fortune telling & tarot. "er, guys, there's a fortune telling booth over there. it seems cool enough, can we go, please?"

 

"well, we did miss out on it last time..." score! yeri screams inwardly, though a mysterious glint remains in her friend's eyes. "you alright with it though, junhoe?"

 

"er, i think i'll just go and find wonwoo," the slytherin seeker replies. "you know where he is?"

 

"probably lounging around three broomsticks, or the other booths and shops. but most likely with sehun and jongin," yeri answers. "i'm pretty bloody sure that sehun and jongin are off at the find your valentine booth. they've been whining about having no valentines for days, after all.."

 

"aight, thanks. meet you later at honeydukes' then?"

 

"we'll be there," tzuyu says cheerfully.


 

-----
 

 

"i'm glad we're finally getting to experience the mystical powers of the otherworld," tzuyu whispers as they step into the fortune-telling booth. she rubs her hands eagerly. "all those mysterious secrets of the future, waiting to be told..."

yeri rolls her eyes. "tzuyu, you know how divination is. this isn't going to be any better, honestly." but she can't deny the prospect is intriguing. 

"just you wait, yeye, i swear i'll become the most famous witch ever, maybe i'll be as famous as witches' generation.."
 

the booth is small, but comfy enough. though it doesn't have any windows, the walls are filled with candles and ethereal lights - and strange symbols that seem to be talismans for luck or fending off spirits. 

 

in the corner sits a figure, who yeri supposes is madame wimbledon. she's rather petite, as the shining, flimsy blue gown she wears is far longer than it should be. her arms, neck and witch's hat are adorned with strange necklaces and jewels - adding to her peculiar aura.

 

the fortune-teller looks up upon their arrival. "welcome," she says serenely. "i've been expecting you for a long time, actually."

 

the line makes yeri cringe, but tzuyu seems rather fascinated. "have you really?" she questions.

 

"you came later than i expected, but yes," madame wimbledon answers. "your futures are exciting, i can sense that. ten galleons per person, who would like to go first?"

 

"well, i'd like to, if you don't mind," the taller girl says brightly, handing over ten galleons.

 

"not at all," madame replies calmly. "first, i'd like to see your palm, please." tzuyu rolls back her sleeves, offering the fortune-teller her hand.

 

she inspects tzuyu's palm carefully, for a long period. yeri recalls this from divination class in their third year - palmistry. but the fortune-teller would be different, she supposes - or at least, she hopes. after all, trelawney had observed her life line, and told her of her gruesome death the upcoming christmas. unfortunately, the only remarkably horrid experience that she had that christmas was having a christmas dinner without shepherd's pie at hogwarts. 

 

"you'll live long, tzuyu chou, that's for sure," tzuyu seems surprised at how she already knows her name, and sends an excited look in yeri's direction. "no gruesome deaths, really...you're quite the enthusiastic adventurer, aren't you? i wouldn't be surprised if you have another coming soon."

 

"what about my future career? my future husband?" the girl inquires eagerly. 

 

"patience, patience..." the seer chides. she takes out a crystal ball - which glows as the woman murmurs an enchantment softly. all yeri sees is mist, but she stares at the small orb so intently, it's hard not to believe that something is actually there.

 

"you'll go far as a spectacular expert on muggle relations," madame wimbledon comments. "you're interested in pursuing a celebrity career too, it seems. you could be in quite a popular girl group, like witches' generation..."

tzuyu looks triumphantly at yeri. i told you so, her look says.

 

the fortune-teller drones on and on about tzuyu's possible futures, bad omens, good-luck charms, enticing romances, and more. yeri feels like falling asleep - the cozy atmosphere and the warmth of the candlelight is just too much to resist - her eyelids get heavier and heavier...

 

"-and yes, that's about it," madame concludes. "now, is your friend going to participate or...?"

 

that catches yeri's attention. "um, yes," she shuffles through her cloak and offers her ten galleons. "sorry."

 

"no need to, love. now, let me read your palm..." the seer suddenly seems to be quite lifted in spirit, as she stares at the prefect's palm rather keenly. she hums, even - tzuyu seems astonished as well, her dumbfounded expression mirroring yeri's. 

 

"yes, you'll live a life of average length... not to worry," madame wimbledon murmurs, while yeri nods. "you're different from your friend, i see. not a risk-taker, right?"

 

yeri winces a bit. it isn't intended as a jab, but it still stings - it's true, in a way. "i guess you can say that."

 

"quite. intelligent, a lover of dry, sarcastic humour - oh my." madame chortles. "not shy to speak up, but not lacking of confidence issues.." the slytherin prefect smiles wryly at that, and her best friend squeezes her hand comfortingly. "make a good auror, you would. you're clever and fierce, and not lacking of the ambitious nature of an auror...a true slytherin, yes..." 

 

yeri raises an eyebrow, recalling how jungkook made the same comment weeks before, during their secret hogsmeade visit. you should be an auror, i think it suits you well! her face heats up once again, for reasons unknown to herself...

 

"...an extravagant future is due for you, as long as you continue to work hard - mind you, beware of blue easter eggs - and you certainly will ace your o.w.l.s this year. but really, do you have a man - or woman - in your life?"

 

the sudden question catches the prefect off guard. "er, what?"

 

"you do," the fortune-teller proclaims. before the girl can protest, she continues, "a man. i can see it in your eyes - i shall see how he looks like..." madame peers into her crystal ball once again, chanting the same, mystic spell. the glassy object illuminates, and yeri sees a peculiar fog cloud its centre - though she can't quite see anything besides that. 

 

madame wimbledon, however, seems to experience precisely the opposite. 

 

"just as i imagined," she says, her expression of utmost serenity. "tall, dark and handsome. quite the lovely match, your energies do complement each other quite nicely..."

 

"um," yeri speaks up, "i have no idea who you're speaking of."

"oh, but you know!" madame exclaims, looking alarmed - or as alarmed as her peaceful nature can allow her to be. "humorous, well-liked, quidditch player with a golden heart...his name is-" she concentrates on her crystal ball for the briefest moment. "jungkook jeon, yes. even the same age! though he is a gryffindor..."

 

the slytherin merely blinks, gaping at the oblivious seer. she looks at tzuyu, expecting her friend to look surprised as well - instead, tzuyu is grinning like an idiot, smiling like a mother hen once again (she would have to ask her about it later.) "i think -" she can't bring herself to speak. "i think you're interpreting my emotions wrong-" but she can't help the redness of her cheeks.

 

"he's a very contrasting figure, i must say," the fortune-teller ignores her meek claims. "but opposites attract, and that, for sure, is one of the most romantic tropes of all... you've liked him for quite a while, haven't you?"

 

"no, you've got it wrong," yeri now feels frustrated. "it's not -"

 

madame snorts. "child, i know my powers, especially when matters of the heart are concerned. if you'd like to know, he came here months ago, and received the same results..."

 

yeri feels her heart drop. the same results-?

 

tzuyu, on the other hand, is jumping with excitement. "you mean - he came here and had yeri predicted as his love interest?"

 

"i'd say, yes. gave him quite the shock. he didn't know the girl back then. i actually didn't tell him the specific details though, for the amusement of him discovering it on his own...though i couldn't bring myself to exclude the details of the girl being a petite, brunette slytherin, and the part about her saving him from a critical event in the near future."

 

"i did," the slytherin prefect says dazedly. "i - how -?"

 

then she remembers how oddly he'd looked at her at the quidditch field. at the time, she just ignored the awkward moment, but it makes sense now - he was suspecting her to be the girl in the fortune. the embarrassment washes over again, and she sighs.

 

"well, sorry to break it to you. i don't - i don't like jungkook. he's a good friend to me though, greater than i would have ever expected -"
 

"and such friendship makes its way to love," madame wimbledon says serenely. "child, i've seen it happen for years. of course, you weave your own future, but it just may not be the time yet."

 

"no, i'm serious," she is, really. she admits having occasional flutters when she's around him, but she wouldn't quite classify that as like or love for him. she's confused, to say the least. she's never considered him as a romantic interest (aside from the strange chain of thoughts from before), and the 'man in her life' bull is frankly too overwhelming for her. "i need - well, i need time to think." 

 

but then again, who says fortunes are hundred percent real?

 

reality hits her as she realises she's been overly trusting of the fortune-teller. fortunes aren't everything, you know. 

 

the shock recedes, her numbed senses are now returning. "thank you for your services," she says curtly, standing up from her seat. "it was an interesting experience." she attempts a polite smile, but from tzuyu's expression, it doesn't seem like she's succeeding. her friend protests as she steps outside, but knows better than to worsen yeri's bad mood. 

 

"you alright, yeye?" tzuyu questions softly, placing her hand on her friend's shoulder. 

 

"i-" yeri has so many questions burning in her mind, words that she's afraid to say because she's scared to find out what the truth is once she asks. "what if-" she steadies her breathing, despite the unsettling sensations that are pooling in her stomach. "-what if it's because of the fortune?"

 

initially, tzuyu seems confused, but her eyes show understanding as she figures out the meaning behind her words. in times like these, she's glad to have tzuyu beside her, able to detect the emotions and uncertainties she tries to keep under control. yeri likes to be strong - she always has - but she's always felt an inkling of doubt towards herself. it was a shock when she was announced prefect, because she really didn't consider herself to be that much - and now and then, she still questions her aptitude and worth, especially in situations like this. and for this, she admires the girl beside her: tzuyu, who is confident in herself and unwilling to bend to other people's standards, yet so amicable and considerate towards those she loves. 

 

"oi," her friend says quietly. "you have no right to be devaluing yourself like that, just because of a stupid fortune. jungkook's a great kid, but you're greater, you know that? that gryffindor may be a bit gullible, but he's not stupid. he knows a great person when he sees one, and he's certainly not dumb enough to stay by and become friends with someone just because of some fortune he was told about."

 

"i don't know, he might have never talked to me if it wasn't for that, maybe it's just a passing curiosity-"

 

"it is not," tzuyu's voice is firm. "merlin, don't you remember how he knocked on the slytherin tower door just to talk to you a few days ago? and it wasn't even something serious, he wanted to show you his damn cat. what person actively initiates conversation just out of sympathy and curiosity? and even if he was first interested in talking to you because of that fortune, it doesn't change that he appreciates you wholeheartedly, and that he considers your friendship to be as important as you do. he cherishes you, that much is for sure. remember, a fortune telling is just an assumption, it's not always true, and you don't have to be involved romantically with that gryffindor if you don't want to. but don't insult everyone who loves you by saying you're not worth it, because you're worth more than any amount of cauldron cakes and i would kill you if you're dead before i am."

 

yeri chokes on her tears, but she's grinning. "you can't kill me if i'm already dead," she replies, her voice watery. 

 

"i'll whip your in wizard hell then. come here." tzuyu extends her arms, and the two girls hug each other. "also, you're my best mate, so that automatically makes you a valuable, fan-ing-tastic human being."

 

the prefect smiles. "i believe you."

 

 

 

extra:

 

it's almost time to go, and the two slytherins reunite with junhoe at honeydukes as promised. he's holding a bucket full of pink charm chocs, valentine's special bertie bott's every flavour beans, acid pops and a glittering box of cauldron cakes. he looks thoroughly disgruntled - most likely because of how busy it is inside. 

 

"can't believe i spent twenty bloody minutes standing in that line," he complains, giving tzuyu a dark look as she snorts. 

"you meet sehun and jongin?" yeri inquires.

he grimaces. "yeah, they were at that stupid booth. poor sehun got slapped after attempting to flirt with krystal, and jongin screamed like a girl when yoongi showed him a heart-shaped spider. fun times."

 

"-in my defence, it was the size of a damn bludger," jongin interrupts huffily, walking up to them. "junhoe gets to pretend it doesn't bother him because yoongi didn't shove it in his ing face." behind him, yoongi looks utterly bored, and unimpressed with jongin's whining.

"you're exaggerating, it was only half the size of my palm."

"well, let's see if you can keep your hat on even if i put that creature in your bloody soup-"

 

 

"you going to buy anything?" someone asks yeri as she stares at the chocolate cauldrons. it's taehyung, his eyes glinting as he takes a sip of his pumpkin fizz. 

"not sure yet," the slytherin answers. "i've spent too many galleons today, so..." she takes a box of pink sugar quills to observe it.

"you can never not have enough money to buy sweets," the gryffindor boy declares somewhat solemnly, showing her his bag full of sweets. "also, sugar quills? jungkook's all time favourite." yeri shoots him a suspicious look, questioning the implications of his tone. taehyung only exaggerates a shrug and a wolfish grin in response.

 

"-there you are, taehyung, gargoyles, where were you?" yeri's heart unknowingly skips a beat as she realizes the breathless voice behind the gryffindor - jungkook. "you just ran off without telling me, i had to ask baekhyun to find out where the hell you were..." he trails off as he sees yeri, his cross expression seeming to dissolve. "hullo, yeri."

the events at the fortune telling booth flash in her mind, but she brushes them off for the moment. "hey," she manages to reply. he smiles.

taehyung rolls his eyes. "you were having fun without me anyway. besides, i was almost running out of acid pops. i had to."

"you already have a drawer full of them at the dorms," jungkook sighs. "anyhow, that reminds me." he looks through the bag he's holding, and hands taehyung a small red chocolate frog. "here. happy valentine's day."

the elder gryffindor looks scandalized. "jungkook, as much as i love you, i'm very much straight-"
 

"oh, shut up," the gryffindor seeker snaps, shoving taehyung away as the boy guffaws. "he's insufferable," he says to yeri, shaking his head as taehyung waltzes off to talk to jongin. 

"at least he's thankful," she quips, and he laughs. 

"i guess so. and here," he takes out another chocolate frog from his bag, and hands her one - but it's not like the one he gave taehyung. it's larger, and the box is a light shade of pink, encased in a white satin ribbon. for some reason, he actually looks nervous - and is that a tinge of red on his cheeks? no, it's probably from the heat indoors. still, her heart flutters as she tentatively receives the box. she stares bashfully at the floor, hugging the box to her chest. a light, alien feeling is blossoming inside her, making her uncertain, and the fortune telling replays inside her head. he's doing this as a friendly gesture for sure, but it still complicates the feelings that she thought were simple and nothing more.

"happy valentine's day," he says softly. he can't seem to meet her eye, for whatever reason. 
 

"i-" she's about to say thank you, when the sugar quills behind him catch her eye. "-wait a moment, please, i'll be back real quick." she grabs a box of the sugar quills before the gryffindor boy can even say anything, and dashes to the now vacant register, handing the shop owner a handful of sickles. 

 

the girl returns to find jungkook staring at her with confusion. "what was that about?" he asks.

"erm, this," she hands him the pretty box, which he takes with evident surprise. "thank you for the chocolate frogs, i feel like it's only fair for me to gift you one when you've given me- oi," she says indignantly, as he starts laughing. "what are you laughing at?"

 

his laughs are reduced to small chuckles. "nothing important," he teases.

"that's what they always say."

"no, trust me, it really is. i wasn't laughing at you, promise," jungkook looks at the box of sugar quills fondly. "and thank you, i love these. how'd you know?"

 

"i told her," someone interrupts obnoxiously, and yeri rolls her eyes. taehyung, of course. jungkook looks peeved upon this unwelcome intrusion, but he merely sighs. 

 

"for the love of merlin, taehyung," tzuyu groans beside him, looking vexed. "mingyu was right, you really do need how to handle social situations for dummies..." she drags him back to the little group of slytherins and gryffindors by the entrance, who are scrutinizing jungkook and yeri as if they're watching a new episode of keeping up with witches' generation. it unsettles the slytherin prefect, especially when she observes sehun's ominous smirk, yoongi's knowing glance, and jongin's aggravated rants about 'fraternizing with the enemy.'

 

"is it just me," jungkook finally says, "or are they spying on us?"

"no," yeri responds, eyeing tzuyu as the girl argues with jongin. "they definitely are."





a/n: lowkey hopes someone gets that reference i tossed in
wHOO updating after like a gajillion years, kILL ME
i feel like this story has gone so downhill and ratchet so i might edit the early chapters after i'm finished with the story??? but idk if i have the time still i can never NOT have time for jungri anymore bc it's my priority wOOPs????
anyway hope you enjoyed this long- chapter with all the references to other ships wenjin and yoonseul holla it was full of s and giggles but it's a crack fic so what would you expect you have a serious moment in there what do you mean it's crack  i know the genres are changing with every chapter help