Her Past

Monday was Us

"I guess we share the same fate."Ji Hyo said. "What?" Gary replied surprised by what Ji Hyo said. "I also lost my closest family members in a car accident." Ji Hyo said, tears threatening to fall as she was talking. "Who? When? Can you tell me about it?" Gary asked cautiously, he was afraid that if he asked something wrong accidentally, she would broke down and would become a broken doll that he cannot fix. "Keurae, I shall tell you about my past since you told me yours." She replied, a little bit emotional but not as emotional as just now.

"It was the same year that you lost your hyung and omma. It was my 11th Birthday, the family was out as we were all heading to the beach to celebrate since I liked the sea so much. The traffic on the roads wasn't heavy, the weather was great, we were all feeeling excited about the trip but nothing gone well that day. I didn't get to celebrate my birthday at the beach, my appa and omma lost their lives that very day while trying to protect the three of us, we lost our parents that day, it wasn't a day to celebrate, it wasn't! We all should have just stayed at home to celebrate it and none of those things would have happened, our parents would still be alive, taking care of us three, all of us living happily and the three of us weren't have became orphans. I didn't get why that driver tried to kill us and the police also never caught the murderer, he is still scotting free outside, probably living a good life while we the victims suffer our loss. It was around 1 in the afternoon, we were on the roads and soon reaching the beach when suddenly a large lorry truck was heading our direction. It was not in the correct lane, it was supposed to be in the lane next to ours not in our lane! I doubt the driver was drunk cause if he was drunk, he wouldn't have been driving straight! Appa saw what was coming, he quickly changed lanes, but he didn't noticed that there was another car coming in the other lane. We both crashed head-to-head! Being in front, appa and omma absorbed most of the impact and because of the impact, they both died on the spot. Sitting behind, both my younger dongsaengs didn't suffer much serious injuries becuse they were blocked by the seats in front. While I, the one sitting in the middle, got quite some amount of impact, suffered from some serious injuries, from what I heard from my foster parents, I fell into coma for half a year and when I woke up, I forgotten everything about the accident. I forgotten I lost both my parents and when my foster parents told me the news, I took it very badly, I attempted sucide 5 times but it all failed because everytime I attempt it, my dongsaengs saw it and one of them would always go inform my foster parents, while the other one would try to stop the wound from bleeding and would be crying while doing it. It was by the failure of the 5th attempt, it snapped me that I cannot kill myself again, I have to take good care of my dongsaengs in place of my dead parents, I believe that it was their wish. And I have to repay my foster parents for their help, I have to repay them, it is a debt that no matter what, I must repay them. But because of the accident, I changed, the girl that used to love birthdays, hated birthdays because on her very own birthday, it became her parents' death anniversary. The girl that used to be happy go lucky in school, became a cold girl, a girl without feelings, a girl that could not trust anyone, a girl that was a big ice mountain that ice would never melt." By the time Ji Hyo finished talking about her past, the tears that were flowing down her cheeks a while ago, stopped. Her tone changed when she talked about she hating birthdays and her personality, it became icy cold, the kind of cold that could like freeze the person listening to it completely. 

Gary, after hearing her past, was surprised that the tough girl that dare mess with him had such a horrible past like him. He thought that she has a good life which led her to being cold to people. He didn't expect her past to be so dark like his.It was totally somthing unexpected! "So your birthname was Cheon Seong-Im right? But why did it became Song Ji Hyo?" He asked, curious because she even changed her surname when she changed her name. "My birthname is Cheon Seong-Im but after thinking on how to repay my foster parents, I decided to change my name, even my surname to their surname, Song. They disagreed at first but after I told them that I would let people know that my name is Song Ji Hyo but would not go change the name stated in my birth certificate or identification card." Ji Hyo explained, completely clamed down. "So you said your hyung thought you how to box and compose songs. I know that you box but I have never heard of your songs. Why didn't you release your songs?" Ji Hyo asked, after hearing him saying that he could compose songs, she was curious why he never released them. " I don't release the songs I write and compose because they are too dark and I can't sing, I only know how to rap because in the past when my hyung was alive, we wrote songs together and he would sing while I rap. Now that he is gone, I have nobody to sing with. And we never released the song that we record together because they are the memories of my hyung and I created for us to have and not others to have it." He replied, kind of sad because he can never ever record another song with his hyung again. They continued asking each other questions that theyhave after hearing each others past, they stayed for an hour or two before Gary realised that he has to leave. They then bidded their goodbyes and each headed to their respective location that they have to go to. 

Gary's POV (On his way to the Countryside on the bus)

Why do I feel sympathetic for her after hearing her past? Is it because I also have the same experiences as her? How come I trust her so quickly? I wouldn't usually trust someone so easily. Why does my heart feel lighter after telling her my history? Did telling someone about my history really lighten the weight that I have in  my heart? If it is like this should I tell the others too since I hae already trusted them? AH! Stresssssssss!!!!!

Ji Hyo's POV (On her way back to the room of Team Running)

How come my heart feels lighter after telling my past to someone? How come that Kang Gary trusted me so easily? It should have taken a few years like Suk Jin oppa and the others but it is only a few weeks and we even fought before. Why did I tell him my past? Is it because we have the same experience? How come after hearing his past make me want to know about him more? Is it so that we can work together better? Aishh! Molla!!!

 

 

 

What would happen next? After telling each other their past, would Gary and Ji Hyo get along better? Would the rest of the members know about their past?