Caught

Our Promises

Kai took a sip of his hot coffee while waiting for the doctor to come out. He keeps on walking back and forth in front of the room where the doctor keep you inside. He sighed for the umpteenth time, bitting his lower lips as he ruffled his hair in frustration. He hate himself for not being fast enough to protect you. He still remember the traumatic scene when you collapsed helplessly in his arms, he has stop breathing. Kai emptied his coffee cup in an instant before he crushed it in his grip and threw it to the bin next to him in anger.

 

His eyes then landed on the bag your father threw earlier, the clothes inside it were so messy. An apologetic sighed escaped his lips as he settled himself on the bench next to the bag. He ped the bag and took all of your clothes out to fold them again one by one. While he was busy putting those clothes back into the bag, the loud bang sound that came from inside the room caught his attention. His eyes rounded as he watched how you were struggling from the nurse's grip while dragging the IV pole with you. Kai quickly ran to your direction, dropping the clothes all over the floor.

 

"Jiyoo! Are you alright??" He slipped between the nurses and the doctor to caught you in his arms when you were about to fall down. You were sobbing and your face look really pale, seriously pale. There's a bandage around your head and your other scars. "I need to go home, Kai- I can't! I can't let that bastard take my mother's house!" Kai tried not to hold you too tight knowing that you also have some bruises around your upper body. "Jiyoo, listen- hey." Kai asked the nurses to move away, not wanting them to hurt you. He was holding you in his arms but also giving you some space to move around.

 

"We need to stop them, Kai- I must stop them!" You said weakly as another hot tears rolled down to your cheek. Kai sighed in relief when you finally gave up and leaned yourself into his embrace, he slowly lead you back to the room and pick you up in bridal style to lay you back on the bed. "We will get it back after you recover okay? You're too weak right now, you need to rest." 

 

"But-" Another sob escaped your trembling lips as you covered your eyes with your arm. With a concerned look, Kai took your hand in his and squeeze it gently. "We will get it back. I promise." He runs his thumb along your eye bag to wiped your tears. His cheeks flushed in red when you raised your pinky finger to his face level, simply captivated by your pure cuteness. "I promise." He then linked his pinky finger with yours.

 

"But you need to listen to the doctor okay? There's no way you can get that house back in your current condition. Even the wind could blow you away in an instant." Your pale lips curled up into a weak smile as you gave his hand a gentle squeeze in return of his lame joke. Kai then nodded at the nurse to give them some space. One of the nurse came forward and injected something to your IV pole. Soon, your eyes started to feel heavy and without you knowing, you fell asleep.

 

Kai slowly let go of your hand and put it back to your waist side, he fixed the white blanket up to your chest level, "Thank you for saving me, Jiyoo." He cuppes your cheek once again before he left the room to have some words with the doctor.

 

"Thank you for your hard work, doc." Kai bowed at the doctor, he noticed the pin on his right chest with his name written on it. "Dr. Lay." Kai added. Lay patted Kai's shoulder twice before he focused on his report about your condition. "How is she doing anyway?" Lay gave a hums in respond, flipping the pages back and forth, writting something on it with his pen.

 

"She got a massive pressure that could affect her mind anytime. I'm afraid that she will be way too emotional and it will take times to recover." Lay explained and Kai listened to him with his lips pressed together, "Don't make her think too much and make sure to keep her away from a hard physical contact. She needs someone to comfort her and help her to recover, I'm sure she'll be fine."

 

Kai thanked Lay for his explanation and watched how Lay walked away along with the nurses behind him. "Um- excuse me." Kai called the remaining nurse inside your room, she gave him a questioning look along with her warm smile. "Tomorrow. When she's awake, please tell her that I'll be here for her as soon as I can." He said while staring at your sleeping face. "I promise I'll stay by her side."

 

 

-

 

 

Kai swear he almost banged his head to the wall when he noticed that his mom was still busy talking about the hook-his-soon topic with Hara's parents. He just got home around midnight and hoping that he could get a peaceful sleep after a rough day. But things were not going as he planned, his heart shrank when his mom told him that Hara's family will be staying for the night.

 

"Jongin, you're home!" Kai's mom patted the empty space next to her on the couch. "I'll take a bath first, mom." He then caught Hara's parents were staring at him, "Enjoy your stay, omonim, abeonim." Kai bowed politely before he made his way upstairs to his room. Hara watched how he just walked away without greeting her with anything. "He must be really tired." She smiled at Kai's mom when his mom started to nag about his attitude.

 

"Hara, dear. Why don't you take some midnight snack to his room? Jongin loves to eat in the middle of the night." Kai's mom beamed happily. Hara's cheeks flushed in pink but then she nodded her head in agreement.

 

Hara brought a tray of a cup of hot chocolate and some blueberry muffins to Kai's room. She stood in front of the wooden door with some butterflies in her tummy, "Jongin?" She called once.

 

She called again, but still no answer. "Jongin, I bring some snacks for you. I'm coming in okay?" Hara waited for an answer for another ten seconds before she sighed and opened the door slowly. Her heart went flip flop just by being in her crush's room, Kai's scent filled the room and everything looks really neat. Hara brought the tray to a table on the other side of the room, she smiled when she saw a picture of Kai in a frame. 

 

She then saw a book with Kim Jongin words written on it, even his hand writting was more than enough to make her giggles. She flip through the first page of the book and simply wow-ed at how neat Kai's notebook was. Hara keep flipping the pages until something accidentally dropped from the book and landed on the desk.

 

It was a picture of someone.

 

Hara put the book aside and took the picture with her brows knitted. She could felt the jealousy climbed up to his chest when she saw a girl on the picture. What make it worse is that girl is not her. Her grip tightened and her pink lips shut tightly.

 

"Noona?"

 

Hara turned around with her widened eyes as she heard the familiar voice. She blushed when she noticed that Kai was topless, he was wearing his shorts along with a towel around his neck. His wet hair drops some water down to his sharp jawline and his neck. "Are you hiding something from me?" He squinted his eyes at Hara as he walked closer. Hara hid the picture she was holding behind her back and cleared awkwardly, "N-o. I didn't hide anything."

 

Kai was standing right in front of Hara when he noticed his note book was not in its place. "Did you just look through my stuffs? Noona?" He his lower lips as he took a deep breath. Hara knew how Kai really hates when someone touch his stuffs without permission. "No, I-"

 

"Aren't you afraid of me?" Kai asked with his gentle and low voice, trapping Hara between his tanned arms. Hara's eyes rounded as she felt Kai's hot breath on her skin, "W-hat do you mean-"

 

"I mean, you're a girl. A beautiful gir, and I'm a guy, a bad guy. I could've done something to you, you know." Kai put his chin on Hara's shoulder, eyes trying to see what is she hiding behind her back. "W-What?"

 

"I could've you, noona. No, I could've make love to you noona." Kai burried his face on the crook of Hara's neck as he pushed her backward, grabbing her thigh and lift her up to settled her down on top of the desk. Hara tried her best not to ler go of the picture she had behind her back, she gasped when Kai trailed his nose along her jawline down to her cleavage. Hara then had her hands on Kai's chest, dropping the picture to the floor, she then pushed him a little while frowning, "Who is she, Jongin?"

 

Hara's sudden question made Kai frowned, his eyes then caught the sight of your picture on the floor. He knew that Hara's extremely jealous at the moment and that's a bad thing. If she tell his mother about your picture, his mom will surely try to get rid of you from his life. "She's.. just a stranger." Kai lied.

 

"Kyungsoo asked me to get a picture of her but then I forgot to give it to him." Kai hated himself for lying about you. But then he feels like it's not the right time to tell Hara about you, especially when Hara's face showed that she's jealous.

 

"You're lying." 

 

"No, I'm not."

 

"Do you like her?"

 

Yes. "No." Kai his lower lips as he stared back into Hara's eyes. She still had her hands on Kai's bare chest, she could feel his heart beat was getting unstable. Another wave of jealousy rammed her heart. "Prove it then, Jongin." Kai cocked his head to the side as he let out a soft sigh, "And how would you like me to prove it, noona?"

 

Hara moved her hands up and circled her arms around Kai's neck, she also wrapped her thigh around Kai's waist, "Prove it, Jongin. Make love to me."

 

 

***oopsie, a round of slight- maybe? yes, no?  ;)