Her Name

Our Promises

xx Day, Graduation Day.

 

Holding the beautiful flower bouquets in your arms, you reaches your hand out to slips some strands of your hair behind your ear. The graduation picture was taken as the wind blows softly, some of the flower's petal got away and dance around with the soft breeze. All the students throw their graduation's hat up to the sky almost at the same time, cheers and laughter could be heard along with their happy smile. 

 

You were about to catch your graduation's hat back when someone suddenly manage to catch it first. As you look down from the sky, a man was standing right infront of you, he also has a flower bouquet in his arms. He just graduated too, but strangely he doesn't look familiar even after you spent three years in your high school. The guy flashed a gentle smile as he pushes out the graduation hat he was holding, giving it back to you. "Thanks." You muttered softly and quietly yet still loud enough to be heard by him. 

 

He his plump lips nervously while nodding his head a little, rubbing the side of his neck afterwards. "Congratulations. I guess?" After a few seconds of silent, you couldn't help but to emits a soft giggle at his awkwardness. Shutting and zipping your lips, you nod your head, flashing a bright grin at him, "You too. Have me met before anyway?" You asked while squinting your round eyes at him, feeling slightly curious. "Once." He answered after letting out a light sigh, "When our school had a soccer competition with another school." He noticed your confused face and he couldn't lie that he actually feel a little disappointed, but he can't blame you either. "We met and talked for about ten seconds." He added.

 

"I.." You caressed your other arm with an apologetic look, "..Will try to remember it, I promise." She beamed over her own statement along with his sparkling eyes, telling him not to worry indirectly. "What's your name?"

 

The guy's lips curled up into a wide smile all of sudden, after he heard what you just asked. His smile was as wide as the ocean, as beautiful as the diamond. Clearing his throat a little, he then reached his hand out, ready for a handshake. "Hi, my name is Kim Jongin. But you can call me Kai."

 

"And you?" He asked back with his soft voice. He has been dying and drowned in curiosity to know your name.

 

You also reached your hand out to his when suddenly your phone rang loudly, breaking the warm atmosphere. "Sorry." You whispered as you quickly took your phone out from your pocket to see who's calling. "Yes, dad?" You turned around as you listen to what your dad said. Kai's eyes landed on how your hair was blown softly by the breeze. His eyes simply described how he was captivated by everything about the girl who was standing in front of him.

 

The phone call only lasted for about a minute or two, Kai noticed how your face changed from the cheerful one into the bitter one. "I'm sorry, Kai. I need to go." You simply said before you took some steps forward, walking away from him. Kai's face fell, he was about to run after you but he stopped, "It's nice to meet you, Kai!" He freeze when he saw you turned around, waving at him while walking backward. A sigh escaped his plump lips as he ruffled his dark brown hair. Soon, his eyes caught something suspicious on the ground. He squated down next to it and examined it for a seconds before his fingers reached for it.

 

A purple wallet. Kai stared at the wallet for a few seconds before he looked to his right and left side to make sure that no one's staring at him. He might be look like a pick pocket thief at that moment, even he himself thought so. It took another seconds for Kai to decide whether he should open the wallet or not. It's not polite to examine something that's not yours, but he also can't just leave it lyinhelplessly on the ground.

 

"Whatever." He let out a deep breath and opened the wallet. He found some amount of money inside, some membership cards, and a picture with someone familiar on it. Oh yes, Kai's heart almost fell to hit stomach when he noticed that it was your wallet that he was holding. He stared at your selfcam picture and a wide smile crawled back into his face. He then found your identity card with your address written on it. 

 

"Jongin." A voice suddenly called which make Kai shuttered a little, he quickly hid your wallet between his arms and the flower bouquet before he stood up. His mother was smiling proudly at him, she gave him a warm pat on her son's cheeks, "Happy graduation, Jongin. Look who's here!" She then nudged the girl who was standing right next to her, signaling her to move some steps forward. The girl smiled at Kai, holding out a box with pink ribbon tied around it, "Happy graduation, Jongin. I'm proud of you." Hara giggled softly, of course, men around him were taking a glance at her doll figure. Hara is Kai's childhood friend, and Kai is Hara's childhood crush. The kiddo-crush has turned into a real crush or an obsession probably. She's a nice and kind girl, but sometimes can be pretty though to be deal with.

 

Kai still hesitate whether he should take it or not. Hara often spoiled him by buying gifts or treating him like a prince and Kai hate that. He tried to be comfortable around her but it was hard for him. "It took a long time for her to pick this gift for you, Jongin." His mother added, somehow smiling proudly at Hara's effort. With a weak sigh, Kai accepted the gift, "Thanks, Hara."

 

"Anyway, are you free tonight? I heard your favorite band's going to perform tonight." Hara managed to start a conversation after a long pause of awkwardness. Kai's mother was busy talking to her business partner, giving the two some moment to be alone. "Tonight? I don't know."

 

Hara playfully gave him a confused look, crossing her smooth arms close to her chest, "You don't know? You never want to miss this band's performance." She was right, Kai would never want to miss his favorite band's performance, but he has already made his mind. Nothing can stop him, not even his favorite band or his favorite kimchi stew.

 

"Yeah, but I've already got another plan. I guess." He shrugged, walking straight in slow pace, facing forward examining some people around him. "That's new. What is that plan that you're talking about anyway?" She asked, still somehow hoping for Kai to say yes and accepted her indirectly dating invitation. 

 

Kai remembered about the purple wallet he found earlier, "I've got a delivery to do." A picture of moments from the past fly across his mind for a seconds, he really can't wait till he got some time alone tonight. All that he really wanted to do is to jump out of the window and sneak out to the address he just got earlier.

 

Han Jiyoo, so that's your name. 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys! How's life? Hope this first chapter is alright for you. I'm still in the middle of my final exams right now but I got two days off, and I miss each of you so much. Do tell me about what do you think about this story / which drama should I add. Love xoxo.