Christmas

December
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3

Christmas

 

 

25th December

 

Sulli woke up in the morning to the pale sunshine that shone into her room. She smiled, realizing today was the Christmas day. She stretched before sat up and looked out at the window. It must have snowed last night because the trees were decorated with snow.

Suddenly, memories of yesterday night swamped her. Sulli closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. After that kiss, they spent the rest of the night in the pub, alternating between small talks and watching the singer's performance.

Sulli flopped back onto her bed. The more she gave thought to the incident, the more concern she was. Did Minho assume that she was an easy lay? Or was he contented to have comfortable companionship during the festive season?

Sulli heaved a sigh. Although they seem to get closer by now but she didn't know what was going through in Minho's mind. She was unsure of how he would look at her but she didn't want to ruin Christmas by asking him straightforwardly.

Maybe she should just take it a step at a time. Sulli told herself before grabbing a pillow and covered her face, hoping that it worked.

 

- - - -

 

Mrs. Kim waited patiently for her guests. She was pleasantly surprised by the last minute reservation. However she was thrilled to meet an old friend.

She glanced at the clock and it was eight in the morning. She thought they should be coming in around now. Just a few minutes later she heard a van stopping just outside the lodge.

She smiled. They were just on time.

Mrs. Kim rushed to the entrance in excited mode, watching a family of five members gathering their luggage and headed towards her.

"Welcome to Korea." She greeted warmly.

The lady looked at her and smiled. "Good morning, Junghee."

"Good Morning Sora." Said Mrs. Kim, opened her arms to welcome her friend.

Sora beamed wider before closing the gap between them and they hugged. "It's good to see you again after all these years."

Junghee drew back and looking at Sora. "I'm very glad that you guys come." She turned to nod politely at Sora's husband, Hwan.

Sora smiled. "Me too. And how is my daughter?"

"Sulli is in good hands." Replied Junghee, hoping what she said was true. "She will be thrilled to see you."

"I know." Agreed Sora before looking behind her. "Let me introduce to you my sons." She looked at them. "The tallest is Heechul, the oldest. This is Jonghyun, the one helping to carry my bag with the easiest smile. The boy that is lurking next to Hwan is Taemin."

Junghee smiled at them one by one. "It seems you are doing well, Sora. All your boys are handsome and modest. They don't strike to me as the rebellious boys that you described in your email."

Sora laughed. "No. But they quite gave me a lot of headaches before becoming the fine young men they are today."

"Mum, spare us. It isn't nice to talk bad about your sons in front of a lady." Interrupted Heechul as he winked at Junghee.

Sora smacked lightly on his arm. "Cheeky boy."

"I am, mum. But toward a beautiful lady like auntie Junghee only." Said Heechul and Jonghyun snickered playfully, earning a smirk from his older brother.

The two women laughed.

"Come boys, let's go in and find your sister." Said Hwan in a firm voice.

Junghee nodded as she leaded them to enter the lodge. Now that they all were here, she would just watch how Minho was going to handle her family.

 

 

Minho made his way to the dining room to have his breakfast before going back to the room and continue his writings. He was on the roll this holiday. He had the strong inspiration to write songs and create music and he knew who the reason behind the inspiration was. Minho unconsciously smiled at the thought.

He wondered whether Sulli had any plans today. Hopefully after a quiet morning, he could spend more time with her again and get into his plan right away. He had to convince her why she should settle down in Korea and perhaps in the process throwing marriage into the equation as well.

Marriage. With the thought of it he smiled again. Minho wasn't the type who believed in love at first sight. But when he saw Sulli, it happened. Now he had goal to his life. Minho wanted to tell Sulli that it wasn't the Christmas season that made him romantically thrilled and longing for marriage but her.

He loved her voice, her smile, her laughter, just every little thing about Sulli he had learned for these past few days. Minho found Sulli pretty and sweet. He was greatly attracted to her. It was silly but he was prepared to jump into the whole marriage mart. He thought as he stood at the entrance of the dining hall, suddenly overwhelmed by the idea that he was prepared to be tied down for life.

It got him overwhelming but it was a nice feeling. Perhaps he should ask Sulli out for dinner in some pricy restaurant, letting candlelight and romance sway her to agree to his wild idea.

The smile still stayed when he found Junghee seated at a table with some guests as she waved at him.

"Good morning Minho!" Greeted Junghee as she gestured him to take a seat that was next to her. She turned to Sora. "This is Minho. He becomes part of the family during holiday season." She beamed at Minho. "Dear, this is auntie Sora and uncle Hwan, my good friends. And they are Heechul, Jonghyun and Taemin."

Minho nodded politely and sat down next to Junghee. "Good morning."

Hwan smiled back. "So how long have you meet Sora's family? It seems you guys are so close like a mother and son."

"It's been four years." Answered Minho, smiling. "How about you sir?"

"Uncle." He corrected Minho. "We have known her since a long time ago. Before we immigrated to Canada Sora and I came here during our last trip in Korea and we fortunately met such a lovely family."

Minho smiled, totally agreed. "Yes, they are a lovely family."

There was sadness in his eyes. Hwan could tell as he watched the young man closely. But it wasn't his place to comment about it.

"Mum, Dad!" A voice broke through Hwan's thoughts. He looked up and saw his daughter standing at the doorway, surprised.

"Hi sweetie." Hwan grinned at her.

Sulli saw Minho turning behind to look at her in somewhat confused but she unintentionally ignored him as she saw her brothers. Heechul and Jonghyun were grinning hugely at her while Taemin on the other hand was struggling to figure out whether to smile or acted aloof. Laughing, Sulli headed towards Taemin and gave him a big kiss on his cheek.

"What the…." Taemin bit his tongue as he cast a glance at his dad, wary to complete his sentence. "Nice way of showing it." He muttered as he wiped his cheek, even though he was secretly pleased that she went up straight to him first before their parents and his other two brothers who were so close to her than him.

"I'm just very glad you came." Said Sulli as she smiled brightly at him.

Taemin fought the urge to smile at Sulli's reaction but then he felt a stare burning a hole on him. And when he looked up, watching the man that just joined their table earlier was watching him back.

"What is it?" Asked Taemin with a frown, annoyed by the stare.

"So you are one of her brothers?" Asked Minho.

"What do you think why am I sitting here in the first place then?" Replied Taemin sarcastically, wondering what that guy wanted to know.

"Taemin." Warned Jonghyun as he nudged him slightly.

Okay, he had probably crossed the line. Ignoring them, he looked at his breakfast. It was deliciously cooked, but it didn't go well with rotten company but he figured out there was no point wasting food.

"This is very delicious." Said Taemin to Junghee as he smiled at her.

"Thank you Taemin. I'm glad you are enjoying." Said Junghee, amazed by the way his emotions changed over a short period of time. She turned to Minho. "By the way Minho, they happened to be Sulli's family."

Minho looked at her with somewhat dark expression. But she shrugged it off. Did he expect happily ever after? Despite the fact he was twenty-five years old, he could be very naïve.

"Come Sulli, have a seat next to Minho." Said Junghee.

Sulli hesitated as a guilt bothered her. Would her family know what she did with Minho yesterday? But she knew that they knew her well enough to realize that she wasn't prepared to plunge into another relationship, especially a short term relationship with a celebrity in Korea. This was so complicating.

On another hand Minho felt Sulli's hesitation before she settled next to him. Usually, his ability to sense mood which was especially useful when he needs to write songs and melody was never failed, but now the whole situation was driving him crazy. Sulli's family was here unexpectedly and he had no idea whether it work against him.

Minho sighed inwardly, he just hoped that nothing would stop him to do whatever he planned to do tonight.

On the other side across the table, Sora caught something is going on between her daughter and Minho. Didn't they realize the tension between them was so obvious? She didn't expect Sulli to get into a relationship so quickly. But she knew Sulli's romantic streak and the whole festive season cultivated the romance atmosphere. Not to mention that her emotions were chaotic after the broken engagement.

Sora mentally sighed. She shouldn't interfere but still…. She turned and saw Hwan giving her a soft, reassuring smile. Sora returned the smile as she knew her husband also sensed it. And it was clear that he didn't want any of them to interfere. She nodded before turning to Minho and Sulli. "We are going to church after this. Do you want to follow or do you have other plans?"

Sulli smiled. "No mum. I'm going to attend service with you as well." She then looked at Minho. "How about you?"

Minho realized that Sulli's family was Christian. He smiled at her. "I will come along." He answered before looking at her father. "Uncle, may I have your permission to bring your daughter out for dinner later?"

Hwan's eyebrow rose. This young man was moving fast. He knew he shouldn't interfere and even though S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter