I'll Marry you one day

We're not Promised Tomorrow

The door to SNSD’s training room opens and a late Jessica walks in. Her fellow members turns to look at her as she walks in, giving the 8 girls a sheepish smile, “sorry,” she apologizes with a bow, “I got caught up in some important business.”

“It’s okay,” Taeyeon says. She walks over to the younger one and hooks an arm with Jessica, “let’s get to practicing yeah?” she suggests, leading the younger towards the middle of the room where the rest of the members were waiting.

“Okay…in 1…2…and 3…” Sooyoung shouts, signaling for Yuri to turn on the radio so that they can practice for their upcoming comeback. Something that all 9 girls has been waiting to do for in such a long time.

--

“Junmyeon,” a voice calls for the older boy. Junmyeon looks up and is then greeted by Jonghyun, another trainee walks into the room filled, which was filled with many other male trainees, and slings an arm around the boy, “nervous?” he asks. Junmyeon gives Jonghyun a nod of his head, “don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll end up in the same group as me,” he says, trying his best to reassure the younger one. Junmyeon doesn’t answer and only takes in a deep breath.

“I hope so hyung, after all I did train for a long time,” he says.

Jonghyun lets out a laugh and pats the younger on the back, “don’t worry Junmyeon.”

Once again, the door opens to the room and a staff walks in, “when I call out your name, I want you guys to follow me,” he instructs and looks down at the note pad in his hands, “Kim Jonghyun, Lee Taemin, Kim Junmyeon, Choi Minho, Kim Ki Bum…”

Jonghyun turns to look at Junmyeon with an expression of delight, “see? What did I tell you?” he says, patting Junmyeon on the back. The staff announces a few more names before closing his note pad.

“Will those who I just announced please get in a single file line and follow me,” he instructs again. Junmyeon and Jonghyun both take off immediately after the staff while the others follow behind.

--

“Ah…I’m pooped out,” a tired out Hyoyeon says and collapses on the floor.

“Me too,” Yuri pipes in and sits beside Hyoyeon.

“I’m hungry,” Seohyun pouts, rubbing her stomach.

“Why don’t we go get lunch for everyone?” Taeyeon suggests, standing up and wiping her from any dirty lying on the floor. Jessica jumps in quickly, hoping to take this chance to talk to Taeyeon about Jaejoong.

“I’ll go with unnie,” she says, volunteering herself.

“I want to go too,” Tiffany chimes in.

“No, I think two people is enough,” Jessica argues back, “c’mon unnie,” she hooks an arm with Taeyeon and drags the smaller girl out into the hallway.

“Wait…I didn’t get to ask the girls what they wanted,” Taeyeon says, struggling to get out of Jessica’s tight grip.

“Unnie, we can just go get pizza,” she suggests, pulling Taeyeon towards the elevator, “after all, pizza is the easiest route to go.”

Taeyeon pouts and gives up, “okay fine, pizza it is then,” and she obligingly follows Jessica to the elevator. Jessica presses the down arrow button and waits for the door to open.

“Unnie,” she begins, “can I ask you something?” she asks.

“Sure,” Taeyeon answers.

“Don’t think I’m weird or anything,” Jessica says with a laugh and this causes Taeyeon to laugh along as well.

“I won’t,” the older one says, glancing up at the number of floors they had left before the elevator reaches them.

Jessica clears , “are you…are you by any chance seeing anyone right now? I know that you’ve gotten close to Junmyeon-shi, but when I asked Tiffany if there was anything going on between you two she said…”

“There’s nothing going on between the both of us,” Taeyeon cuts Jessica off, “we’re just really good friends, that’s all,” she turns to look over at Jessica and gives her a warm smile, “really,” she says again. Jessica returns Taeyeon’s smile with a smile and just when she was about to continue, the elevator dings and opens.

“Oh…,” Taeyeon steps back as she sees the crowd in the elevator, “um…I think we can wait,” she says, glancing back at Jessica.

“It’s fine, we can make room,” the staff says as he shoves the boys to the corner, allowing both girls to climb onto the elevator, “up or down?” he asks.

“Down please,” Taeyeon answers. She shifts in Jessica’s grip as she can feel the stare that Junmyeon was giving her behind her back. The door closes and Taeyeon scoots a bit closer to Jessica.

“What’s the matter Taeyeon unnie?” Jessica whispers, “you seem uncomfortable.”

“It’s nothing,” Taeyeon says, trying her best to not look into the mirror that was faced towards the back of the elevator. Failing at resisting herself, Taeyeon glances up to look at Junmyeon in the mirror and sure enough, he was still staring at her back, not paying much attention to what Jonghyun was saying.

“Did you hear me Junmyeon?” Jonghyun asks, tugging Junmyeon on the shirt.

“Hm? What?” Junmyeon says, blinking and turning his gaze to look at the older boy.

“I said, after this, why don’t we head out to the nearest ramen restaurant and treat ourselves to ramen together, after all we did make it to the semi-final together,” Jonghyun repeats himself again and stretches.

“Sure,” Junmyeon answers, “that’ll be great.”

The elevator door dings and opens. The staff tells the boys to not make such much noise as he exits the elevator. Everyone follows him while Junmyeon waits to be the last one to leave. As it was his turn to exit the elevator, he walks past Taeyeon and purposely brushes their hands together, causing a slight shock between the two. Taeyeon jumps a little as Junmyeon brushes his hand onto hers.

“Unnie are you okay?” Jessica asks, turning to face Taeyeon.

“Yeah I’m fine,” Taeyeon answers, clearing and watching Junmyeon’s back disappear as the door closes on them.

“I guess they’re the ones who made it to the semi-final line up for the new boy group,” Jessica thinks out loud.

“Mm…I guess so,” Taeyeon absently says, still trying to distract her mind from the contact she just had with Junmyeon.

“Oh…yeah unnie,” Jessica says loudly, “I remember what I was going to say to you, so since you and Junmyeon aren’t a thing, I was wondering…would you…um…”

“Would I?” Taeyeon asks, tilting her head slightly down so she can see Jessica’s face.

“Well…you see, I have an oppa…who is interested in you and wants to see if you would go on a date with him,” Jessica says. Taeyeon chuckles and let go of Jessica’s arm.

“Jaejoong-shi?” she asks.

This takes Jessica by surprise as her eyes widens, “how…how did you know?” she asks.

“Yunho oppa told me to expect something soon from one of his group members and I kind of noticed that it would be Jaejoong-shi,” Taeyeon replies with a laugh, “and yes, I don’t mind going on a date with Jaejoong-shi, just tell him to be the one to ask me if he wants to go on a date,” she says.

Jessica chuckles and nods, “that’s exactly what I told him too.”
--

“Good work for today,” SNSD’s manager tells the 9 tired and exhausted girls, “go home and get some rests. Tomorrow you girls have the day off since you guys practiced so hard today,” he tells them. Hearing this, all nine girls jump up in excitement as they turn to each other with huge smiles spread across their faces. He claps his hands a twice, signaling the girls that it’s time to pack up and leave the building.

“I’ll see you girls the day after tomorrow then, rest up,” with that he leaves the girls to grab their belongings.

“What should we go do after practice?” Yoona asks, grabbing her bag and checking her phone for any notifications.

“I think…we should go get ice cream!” Tiffany suggests.

“ICE CREAM!!” Taeyeon shouts from across the room once she heard the word ‘ice cream’ “I vote for ice cream!!” she continues on with her shouting.

“Unnie we can hear you,” Yoona chuckles.

“Sorry guys,” Jessica apologizes, holding up her clasped hands, “I have something to do therefore I won’t be able to attend ice cream night with you ladies.”

“It’s okay unnie,” Seohyun tells her, “we’ll see you later at home,” she swings her bag over her shoulders, hook an arm with Hyoyeon and exits the room with the rest of the girls.

“Taeyeon unnie!” Jessica calls for Taeyeon just before she left the room.

“Hm?” Taeyeon answers, turning back around to face the younger one, “changed your mind already?” she teases with a laugh. Jessica returns with a laugh as well and a shook of her head.

“I just texted Jaejoong oppa about what you said earlier to me in the elevator,” Jessica begins.

“Ah…that…” Taeyeon says absently, forgetting about what she had told Jessica earlier, “what about it?”

“He said that he’ll call you later after his schedule is over,” Jessica answers. Taeyeon lifts her hands up to clasp on to the straps of her bag and nods.

“That’s fine, I’ll see you at home,” she says before leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

--

“I want vanilla,” Taeyeon tells Sooyoung as they all stand behind the tallest one in the group.

“Okay, one vanilla in a cone for the shorty behind me,” she says, teasing Taeyeon. Everyone laughs and Taeyeon playfully punches Sooyoung on the arm.

“Let’s go find a table,” Sunny suggests. All the girls leave Sooyoung at the counter while they took off to go find a table to sit at.

“Did you guys hear?” Yuri says, sitting in the seat next to Hyoyeon, “I heard from manager oppa that for the next boy group, there will only be 5 members.”

“I thought that they wanted more?” Taeyeon asks, grabbing a piece of napkin from the napkin box to play with.

“That’s what I thought too, but I guess they changed their minds at the last minute,” Yuri answers, following what Taeyeon had just done.

While the girls sat at the table and discussed about other important and non-important matters, the door to the ice cream shop opens and the bell jingles, signaling that the ice cream shop just had more customers.

“Hyung, I’ll go find a table for us, you go and order for us,” Jongin says, while taking off with a guy who looked similar to him.

“Come on Junmyeon,” Jonghyun swings an arm around Junmyeon’s shoulders and pulls the younger one after Jongin.

“Sehun, you coming?” Sehun glances away from the table that he was looking at and stares at Junmyeon, “what?” he asks, glancing at the direction that Sehun was previously looking at.

“Nothing hyung,” Sehun quickly says and walks past the two, shuffling his feet as fast as he could after Jongin and his friend.

“Let’s go greet them,” Jonghyun suggests, pulling Junmyeon over to SNSD’s table, “sunbaenims,” he calls, walking up to the seven girls with Junmyeon by his side, “you guys are here to have ice cream too?” he asks

“Of course,” Yoona answers, leaning back into her chair, “this is has always been our ice cream stop since we were trainees,” she tells him.

“I think it’s everyone’s” Tiffany says, “Who are you guys here with? Just the two of you?’ she asks. Jonghyun shakes his head and points a thumb over to the boy standing in front of the counter and then to the group of boys sitting at a table not too far from them.

“We just got done with training at SM Entertainment,” he says, “the guys were craving some cold ice cream so we decided to stop here before heading to the dorms.”

Taeyeon glances past the two boys, searching for a certain someone, “Looking for someone?” Sunny asks.

“Hm? Oh I was just wondering if he was there too,” she says, still scanning the table of boys.

“Sehun?” Junmyeon asks, his gaze never leaving the older one. Taeyeon glances up at Junmyeon and smiles then nods, “he’s there,” he says, “somewhere.”

Taeyeon stands up from her chair and walks over to the table, everyone at her table eyeing her as she makes her way over, “What is unnie planning to do?” Seohyun asks and Yuri shrugs.

“Ah Taeyeon sunbaenim,” a younger boy announces and immediately stands up, giving her a bow, the rest stood up as well and followed except for Sehun.

“Yah Oh Sehun, don’t be disrespectful towards your sunbae, stand up and greet her,” another one says loudly. Sehun glances up at the said boy and looks away.

“It’s okay,” Taeyeon says, “Sehun-ah, how was training today?” she asks in a soft tone of voice.

“It was okay,” Sehun murmurs quietly.

“Don’t be so disrespectful Oh Sehun,” the same boy from earlier orders.

“Ki-bum shi, it’s okay,” Taeyeon tells him. Taeyeon walks over to the empty seat next to Sehun and takes a seat, “did you eat today?” she asks the younger one again, tilting her head a bit lower to that she can look him in the eyes. Sehun nods and looks at a different direction.

“This guy,” Ki-bum mutters under his breath, “he’s only 14 and he’s already acting like a brat around his sunbae.”

“Is something bothering you?” Taeyeon asks once more. She reaches over and grabs Sehun by the face and turns him to face her, “you don’t look as cheery as you usually do,” she says.

“I’m fine,” Sehun tells her. He can feel his face getting hotter and redder the longer Taeyeon held him by the face with her soft palms.

“Sehun…are you blushing?” Jongin asks, and with that a huge outburst of voices explodes. Voices from all over the table was talking at the same time which causes Sehun to blush even harder.

“Oh Sehun, why are you blushing? Do you like Taeyeon sunbae that much? Are you planning to marry her or something,” another boy from the table asks and laughing at the same time. Sehun frowns and pushes Taeyeon’s hands away from his face and looks down at his hands.

“Guys stop it,” Taeyeon tells the boys and with a slight chuckle she stands up, “I’m sure Sehun-ah doesn’t have that in mind,” she ruffles his hair from where she was standing, “after all, by the time he hits 18, I’ll be an ahjumma and he won’t be interested, I’m sure he’ll be able to find a young and pretty girl to love,” Taeyeon saying this causes more laughter from the group of boys.

Sehun bites his bottom lips before springing up from his chair, knocking Taeyeon’s hand off of his head. The voices of laughter stops as everyone sat or stood there watching the younger one breathe in and out heavily, “Sehun-ah?” Taeyeon calls softly, “what’s the matter?” she asks, reaching out to touch his arm. Sehun slaps her hand away and looks up to lock his gaze with Taeyeon, “Sehun-ah?” Taeyeon calls, a bit frightened as this is her first time she is seeing Sehun angry.

“You’re right Taemin hyung,” Sehun growls through his gritted teeth, “I do like Taeyeon that much and guess what,” he turns to face the older with the same stare he gave Taeyeon, “I do plan to marry her one day, does that worry you?” he didn’t care to get a response from Taemin and turns back to glare at Taeyeon, “Does it scare that I plan to marry you in the future? Just wait Taeyeon, when I get older I’ll be the man to take you away from everyone else.”

“S…S…Sehun you!!” Junmyeon crosses the room to the group of boys, “saying these kind of things isn’t a joke Sehun,” he says.

“I’m not joking,” Sehun says, not tearing his gaze from Taeyeon at all, “I don’t care if you’re an ahjumma by the time I’m older, I’ll still marry you one day.”

Instead of trying to knock some common sense into Sehun’s head, Taeyeon smiles and pats his head, “Noona will wait for that day then,” she says. Sehun continues to stare into Taeyeon’s eyes for a few seconds before grabbing his things and leaving the ice cream shop, leaving an awkward silence behind him.