She's Grace

She's Everything

Sitting collectively in the recording studio, Daesung within the booth recording her section of Loser, Yongbae lent back in his seat, eyes slightly wider. 

"I'm in love with her."

Jiyong didn't look away from the soundboard. "Yeah."

"I love Daesung."

Seunghyun nodded slowly. "And?"

"How long?"

"Since forever, stupid." Seungri snorted. "God, you're practically married. She wears your clothes, your jewelry, you live together . . . How are you two the last to realize this?!"

Jiyong tapped the speaker button, rubbing his eyes. "I think we're good for tonight, Daesung. I'll listen to the tapes tomorrow and call you if we need to continue recording."

"Alright hyung." She exited the booth and walked over to him, touching him gently on the shoulder, smile worried. "Just make sure you go home to sleep, okay? Or you can crash at our apartment. I know it's closer. But you need to leave the studio."

He nodded absently, mind obviously still flooded with lyrics and music and sound overlays. She kissed his head tenderly. 

"You can all go, actually." Jiyong muttered, looking over at the clock. "I didn't realize it was so late."

"I've only reminded you of every minute that's passed since two a.m." Seungri huffed, but the look Jiyong gave him silenced any further comments he was poised to make. "She's right, hyung. Get some rest. Actual rest, not coffee."

He nodded absently once more, getting up to get his jacket. Seunghyun, frowning, helped him into it and lead them out of the building. The way the eldest handled their leader was a relief: if Seunghyun was taking Jiyong home with him, that meant he would actually sleep and not stay up writing another song into the next morning. 

Seungri sighed, collected his things and left. 

Jiyong never had too much trouble, usually, in telling Daesung where he wanted her in pitch and placement, but tonight seemed to be a difficult one. he spent more than six hours with her on one verse alone and with how the natural rasp in her voice had thickened, it had obviously taken its toll on her. She winced softly as she cleared , rubbing her neck in an attempt to soothe it. 

Yongbae rubbed her back. "I'll make you honey tea when we get home, okay?"

She nodded, her smile one of gratitude. She zipped up her coat against the bitter winter wind and went to start their car, since Yongbae was the only other person, besides Jiyong, with keys into the studio. He did a quick tidy and locked up, settling into the warmth of the car. 

His mind drifted as she pulled out of the vacant parking lot and away from the bright YG logo. The city lights soothed him, their passing and varied brightness mixing together to create a beautiful woven pattern of colours. It made him wonder about his revelation in the studio.

It'd been years now since he'd walked in on her changing. It felt like ages ago. He felt like if he were to reminise about their time earlier than that, he would still see her the same way, still as the woman beside him driving the car, the woman he was living with, attended church and prayed with. Thinking back, there always was a particular fondness she inspired in him, one that only seemed to have deepened since her reveal. It didn't quite feel like the fondness of friendship, or of any familial sense. The mere throught of her just not living with him filled the pit of his stomach with yearning. He didn't want her anywhere else but at his side. Was the answer really as simple as love? When had this even started for him? Better yet, and more importantly, did she feel the same way?

She parked the car in the parking lot behind their apartment, sluggishly unbuckling and opening the door. He followed her example, stretching with a thick groan as he stood. As silently as the ride home, they walked up the stairs to their tenth floor apartment. He unlocked the door and went to the tea kettle as she pulled out some soft honeyed tea biscuits and numbly started eating one, leaning against the counter. 

"This isn't going to be ready for a bit, why don't you shower?"

She smiled at him again before holding out a cookie. He took it with an answering grin. "You're the best, Yongbae."

He quietly ate what she offered him and stole a few more, idly looking around the kitchen. 

It didn't feel like very long before she appeared again, clean and smelling strongly and refreshingly of coconut. He smiled softly at it, the way his shirt fell down her body. She was taller than he was, her shoulders a little thicker with muscle, back a little broader, body more masculine than she had right to. Her face was clean, the makeup scrubbed off, lips still plush and pink and soft and smooth, her hair dried enough that it started to curl into tight little ringlets of golden cherrywood. Illuminated by the soft kitchen lights and the city glow from their living room window, she was perfection. 

Sleepily, she met his eyes, another cookie halfway to . She pursed her lips for a moment before moving over to him and pressing it into his mouth. He took it, pulling it into his mouth at her cocked smile. She looked down, some hint of pink along her cheeks under her natural bronze, her smile widening. 

The kettle clicked and he hoped for the long moment that stretched between them that she didn't notice it. 

Her eyes darted to the side and she moved back over to the biscuit tray. He released a breath he hadn't noticed he was holding and moved over to boiling water, dropping in a tea bag and the water before letting it steep. He watched he steam rise from the cup, mind and heart a thousand miles away, idly stirring the cup. Without his consent, his hands removed the bag and added the honey and milk, stirring it together before he turned and handed it to her. 

She took it from him gently, fingertips brushing his in a caress that sent tingles of sensation up his arms. She gave him a cute smile as she took the first sip, humming low in as the sweet beverage soothed . 

God save me, I've got it bad.


Seungri was laughing. Seunghyun was grinning. Jiyong leant back in his chair, observing the man at their mercy. 

"It's really not that funny." Yongbae muttered, trying to hide his blush under the brim of his hat. 

"It kinda is." Seunghyun's grin widened. "You've only had this forever and when it finally hits you, then you get nervous."

"I'm surprised you haven't tapped that yet." Seunrgi mocked, but that earned him three consecutive slaps. "Ah! Okay, okay, I get it! I was making a joke! I don't actually think that way about her!"

Yongbae wanted to die. He should have asked 2NE1. He should have known his groupmates would be less that useless. Or, he could hvae just manned up and admitted his discovery to her. He was starting to think, though, that perhaps just throwing himself off a bridge would be less overall torment. 

"Aish! What kind of friends are you?!" Arms wrapped around Jiyong and Seunghyun. Arms covered by his jacket. "Don't even let me know that you're all getting together?"

Seungri smirked. "We're just helping good ol' Yongbae with a problem he's having."

Yongbae's head met the table with an audible thud. Seungri just told his confidant that he went to them to get help with a problem. This spelled out his doom. This cannot get worse.

"Really? Can I help?"

"Nah. Guy stuff."

Daesung threw a very unimpressed look his way. "Really?"

"Uh, I just- I mean- Ah, ." The maknae crossed his arms, pouting. "Walked myself right into that one."

"He's just having some trouble sorting his feelings and how to confess them." Jiyong replied, adding another slap to Seungri's head for good measure. "It's just easier to talk about with other guys. Nothing against you."

"Oh, okay. Would you like me to leave you to it?"

Yongbae groaned. "It's okay. They weren't being much help as it was anyway."

She laughed, pulling up another chair and sitting between the two oldest members of the group. She opened the jacket and underneath the necklace gleamed against the tight-fitting back tee. So did Yongbae's square belt buckle. 

Jiyong carefully scanned the others' faces to see if they recognized it and that understanding only flashed briefly in Yongbae's eyes. It was something that happened pretty regularly then, to see her wearing things that were his. Then it struck him. Yongbae was wearing a white tee, but when he shifted, his jacket moved just enough to see Daesung's signature alongside the Bigbang logo. It wasn't uncommon for them to wear their own merch when they were meeting like this or practising or relaxing or whatever, but this one was specifically Daesung. 

They're both so oblivious. Jiyong sighed to himself, adding an internal eye-roll for good measure. They're so cute they're disgusting.

They stayed together through a shopping trip and a subsequent dinner at a wonderfully low-key restaurant. Yongbae hardly looked away from her, but when he did, inevitably, Daesung was looking at him. 

"When we leave, hold Daesung's attention for me for a minute." Jiyong whispered to Seunghyun, who only raised an eyebrow.

"If you say so."

As they got up to leave, Seunghyun caught Daesung's gaze, grinned, and grabbed her jacket, making a beeline for the door. She called after him in mock-indignation before giving chase. Seungri, oblivious little Seungri, laughed and chased after her to see the antics. 

Jiyong caught Yongbae's hand. The other man met his intense gaze, confused. "Hyung?"

"Just tell her. Take her home tonight, take her hands, and just tell her."

He sobered instantly. "Just like that?"

"One of you has to make a move or you'll be enlisted and she's set free." Jiyong warned. "You don't see them, but the looks she gives you are gold. Jump on this opportunity, and fast. Seunghyun's enlisting this year and me the next. You've got two years of time, which seems like a lot, but it isn't. We've been together ten years and it feels like I'm one of the senior trainees giving you advice right now. Make a move, or you're going to lose."

Jiyong dropped enough cash into the tray to cover dinner and grabbed his jacket.

"What if she says no?"

The leader cast his dongsaeng a dark look. "Then you know."

With far less enthusiasm than he had started dinner with, he followed his leader outside. Almost immediately, Daesung spotted him, having gotten her (meaning his) jacket back from Seunghyun.

"Are you okay, Yongbae?"

I'm so nervous I feel like I'm going to throw up. "I'm fine, why?"

Daesung brushed some hair from his eyes. "You just look a little pale."

"I'm just tired." He tried to smile, but the sick feeling wouldn't leave him. Daesung frowned. No, that wasn't what I wanted.

She tapped Seunghyun on the shoulder. "I think Yongbae and I are going to go home for the night. The rest of you guys have fun, okay?"

"Alright. Have a good night then."


At the door to their apartment, his hands were shaking as he tried to insert the key. She gently touched his hand and his body acted on it's own. He twisted around, hand latched onto her wrist, and slammed her against the door, holding her captive hand next to her head, his other hand on her hip. Her free hand was braced against his shoulder, stopping him just short of a full body press. Her eyes were wider than he'd ever seen them. 

"I love you."

This wasn't what he wanted to say. This wasn't what he wanted to do. This isn't how he wanted it to go down. He wanted to be gentle, romantic, sincere. He wanted to swoon her, not . . . this. Not treat her like he was an ex-boyfriend in a drama who just wouldn't let go. He didn't want to force her hand, to take away her chance to say no, so stay friends with him. Oh God, what was he going to do if this ruined that? Please let the earth just swallow me whole and end this torment.

"You . . . What?"

Why did she sound so surprised? Surely she realized that she had millions of fans, male ones, too, who would give up family members for a chance to touch her, let alone kiss her.

"I love you. So much."

The hand on his shoulder slid slowly over to the exposed skin of his neck, making him shiver. 

"Really?" The word was spoken low, drawn out on the razor edge of disbelief and terrifying hope. 

The hand holding her wrist loosened, fingers sliding to twine with hers, squeezing them tightly. His other hand, shaking badly, came up to cup her round cheek.

"God," He hissed, panting inches from her lips. "yes."

She gave a little breathless laugh, eyes crinkling but not closing with her smile. "Me too."

He didn't waste another second in fusing their lips together, destroying any space between them. He groaned, his rational mind trying to tell him that being trapped against the door must not have been comfortable, but her answering whine silenced that voice. She seems comfortable enough

The hand against his neck trailed to his nape, pulling him in closer as she rolled her body into his. He broke off with a tortured moan, resting his forehead against hers as they panted into each other's mouths. She squeezed his hand and he smiled. 

"I love you. I love you, I love you." He gasped, tangling his hand in her thick locks. 

"I love you too."

He dove in again, kissing her hard and desperate. She parted under him, letting his tongue sweep in. She moaned, the caramel of his desert lingering. 

There was a very dark cough from down the hall. They broke apart, chests heaving, to meet the dangerous glare of a very, very conservative elderly woman and her disgusted husband. 

Daesung swallowed and ducked down, grabbing the keys Yongbae had dropped. Her nerves shone through under their piercing stares and she fumbled as she tried to get the key into the lock. 

"Just what kind of behaviour is that?!" The man started. "Both of you! What revolting behaviour!"

The woman snorted. "They already live together, alone. I'm sure this is the least we'll witness."

The key slid into the lock and Daesung couldn't open the door fast enough. She almost broke his key pulling it out of the lock. Yongbae bolted in after her, pushing her against the door again, this time to slam it closed. 

"HARLOT!" The woman screeched, loud enough to be heard through the door, but when Yongbae slipped the deadbolt into place, Daesung broke down laughing, not even able to be offended at the woman's unsavoury opinion of her. 

Yongbae started laughing too, dropping his face into the crook of her neck. 

"That did just happen, right?" Daesung wheezed between laughs, staring up at the ceiling. 

"I'm pretty sure that woman is going to stare at us for all eternity now." He snorted and laughed again. "We're going to have to run from the stairs to the door before she can catch us."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and his fell around her waist as their laughter died out. "Ah, that's okay. We'll bring Ji back with us and let him charm us out of her mind."

"What about her husband?"

"No one can resist a pretty girl." She looked down at him and winked. "Seungri owes me a favour."


The next day, in the recording studio, Yongbae sat down beside Seungri, watching Daesung in the booth, with a serene smile on his face. 

"You dog!" Seungri squealed, startling Jiyong out of his creative trance and Seunghyun almost into spilling coffee all over his white clothes. 

"What?" Seunghyun questioned, having recovered enough to sip his coffee. Jiyong raised an eyebrow. 

"Yongbae got with Daesung!"

The door to the booth opened and Daesung stuck her head out, headphones around her neck. "What are you yelling about?"

"You hooked up with Yongbae!"

"We're dating now, yeah." Yongbae pushed the maknae off him. "But we didn't hook up."

Daesung made a face. "Get your head out of the gutter, Seungri."

"You're so classless." Jiyong muttered, turning back to the soundboard. He activated the booth mic. "Okay, Daesung, one more time."

Seunghyun chuckled, patting Yongbae's shoulder. "Dinner's on me tonight, as congratulations."


All in all, the news went over well. There was fallout, of course. Fans went crazy, split down the middle in an online war. The media made up all different kinds fo stories on the state of their relationship, but that was expected. There would always be rumours of scandal, even when there was none, circling a group as well known as Bigbang.

Still, three weeks after the drop of the MADE album, Daesung and Yongbae had another incident with the elderly couple down the hall. 

They'd managed to avoid them, mostly by sleeping at YG during the album completion, but as Yongbae was unlocking their door, still dressed in the shining outfits from their last tv appearance, a small shout startled them. 

A little girl, no more than eight years old, rushed them, sticking herself to Daesung's leg. 

The girl's grandmother, their neighbour, made a revolted sound in the back of . "Get off that nasty woman."

Daesung flinched at the words, but the girl held tighter. "No! You didn't tell me you lived next to Daesung and Taeyang!"

The elderly woman blinked. "Who?"

"Daesung and Taeyang! From Bigbang! Don't you remember them from the posters in my room?" The little girl looked up at the woman she clung to. "You're my bias, Daesung! You're so cool and so strong! Plus your smile and you laugh always make me smile and laugh too! And your hair is so pretty!"

"Heh, thanks!" Daesung knelt, careful not to disturb the girl too much. "You're really pretty too!"

"I saw on the magazines that you and Taeyang are dating now."

Daesung grinned. "Yes, we are."

The girl looked up at Yongbae, then leaned into Daesung's ear. "You chose well."

Daesung covered to stop the laugh that was bubbling, but nodded. "I'd say."

She moved over to Yongbae and slapped his thigh. "Be good to Daesung!"

Yongbae smiled down at her, over her hair. "I will. I promise."

"Be extra-special good!" The girl warned before patting him and smiling up at Daesung. "I have to go, so have a good day, Daesunggie!"

"You too, sweetheart!'

The girl walked back over to her grandparents and left with a wave. They waved back, and when she was gone, looked at each other. 

"And I was so looking forwards to getting Seungri into a dress." Daesung sighed.