Her Final Surprise

She's Everything

Seungri stepped from the airport like a prisoner getting his first taste of sunlight. It really made Daesung smile. 

"Welcome home, maknae."

"I know you missed me, but you don't have to be clingy."

She smiled and ruffled his hair only for him to slither his arms around her, sticking himself to her like a lifeline. 

"That's my job."

A surprise Yongbae flicked the youngest member on the ear, startling him into letting his wife go. "C'mon. Jiyong wants to make sure that his baby is well and alive."

"Still don't trust me to live on my own, huh?" He groused. 

Yongbae smiled wanly at him. "You haven't given us much evidence otherwise."

Seungri was so close to being offended, but the ringing clarity of Daesung's laugh drained the tension from him and he couldn't help but laugh out his stress, his exhaustion, the ache the plane left behind. 

She pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Welcome home, Little Seunghyun."


Reintigration into Bigbang was a lot easier than Jiyong and Seunghyun had made it look. They made it seem like it was some big paradigm shift from one lifestyle to another, but Seungri idn't feel that way. 

"It's just because you never really left this one behind." Daesung had said to him one evening when he was sleeping at her apartment, the only habit he hadn't been able to leave behind - he was so used to hearing other people sleep alongside him, the silence of his apartment was completely eerie. "You changed outwardly, but Jiyong and Seunghyun are method actors. They dive into roles, but it takes them a while to come out of them."

"That's fair, I suppose." He murmured, almost asleep on her shoulder like Yongbae was on her lap. 

"Mmm-hmm." She hummed, leaning her head on his. "Sleep, my boys." Her fingers threaded into her husband's hair, whispering over the maknae's cheek.

"Mmm." Seungri cuddled closer but made sure he didn't jostle his hyung. "You'll make a great mother one day, Daesunggie."

"Sleep, RiRi."


Seungri was easy to work with when he came home, almost ready to jump right back into recording. Yongbae had to retrain his vocals a little and help with his dancing, but other than that he was itching to get back to work and so was the world itching for them. 

Every network wanted their reunited band back together once they caught wind of the production of another album, a Bigbang album, no less. With the reformation of Bigbang, however, came a new contract. This time, YG had much less control over them and their creative process thanks to some mauveuring by Jiyong and YG's sincere wish for them to remain with the label. So, when it came to the shows clawing at them to come, their resolute answer of 'no' was a final one. 

However, one day during recording, Yongbae came back from the dance studio to the recording room and frowned. "Where's Daesung?"

Seungri raised an eyebrow. "Should I be keeping track of your wife?"

Yongbae ignored him, brows furrowing further. "No, I mean, has she been here at all? I don't see any of her things."

"Nah, she hasn't been here." Seunghyun replied, controlling the mix while Jiyong rapped and sang in the booth. "We thought she was with you. You always come together, don't you?"

"Not always. She said today that she was going to sleep for an xetra hour before she came, but that she was coming." He checked his phone, but there were no messages.

"She might have just slept through her alarm." Seunghyun suggested. "Wouldn't be the first time one of us has done that."

He blew a breath out his nose, shoving his phone into his pocket. "Could you text me when she shows?"

"Sure, but what did you even want her for?" Seungri queried. 

"I just wanted to have lunch, actually." He rolled his shoulders. "It's just strange for her to be . . . not where she's supposed to be."

CL snorted from across the hall as she locked up her recording booth. When Yongbae raised an eyebrow at her, she only giggled a little more and strode away with a cheeky wave. 

"What was that about?" Seungri muttered before shaking his head. "And yeah, I'll tell you when she comes. Now go dance."


Daesung didn't come. 

Yongbae drove home that night with his heart in his throat and worry clogging his mind. However, when he came home, spotted Daesung in the kitchen idly preparing food, he slumped against the door in relief. She seemed to have heard him, because she turned around with a gasp.

"Yongbae! Wow, you must be tired." She rushed over to him, her sturdy and unharmed hands pulling him into her. "Did you overwork yourself again?"

"No, I- You never came to work and I got worried." He ducked his head, knowing how foolish it sounded. She was a grown woman, she knew that she was doing and she didn't have to report to him or anyone else. He knew that, cherished it about her, even, but still . . .

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I meant to text you to tell you that I wasn't going to come in, but," She pulled her phone from her back pocket and signed heavily. "I forgot to press send." She smiled self-depreciatingly at him. "Sorry to worry you."

"No, I worked myself up for no reason. You've taken care of yourself long before we even dated." He gave her a quick kiss and pushed off the door, wandering into the kitchen. "What are you making?"

"Little sausages with yellow and red peppers and snow peas fried in oil with ketchup."

"That sounds really good, actually."

"I thought so. Take a seat, I'm almost ready to start the actual cooking, so . . . "

"Okay." He settled down on one of the chairs in the little dinner set, contenting himself with just watching her move so fluidly about the kitchen.


"Have you been working out harder?" Yongbae murmured into Daesung's ear, hand sliding down her stomach.

"No more than normal." She hummed back, enjoying his languid early-morning caresses and tingly little kisses. "Why?"

"Your stomach just feels tighter."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Just noticing." He whispered against her skin. "No matter what form you take, you'll always be my goddess."

"Mmm. You say that now." She ran her fingers through his hair,  pushing the woodsy strands out of his face. "But what about when I get bloated with all those kids you keep hinting that you want?"

"I'll have to shower you with extra love, then. After all, that would mean you have to share it with the baby too."

"What if there was more than one baby?"

"I'll just have to give enough love for all of you, no matter how many their are." He kissed along her shoulder, his other hands twining its fingers with hers. "That's all there is to it."

"You're too sweet for your own good." She murmured, smiling as she twisted to meet his lips, his hand slipping between her hips. 

"I'll show you just how sweet I can be, my lovely angel." 


Jiyong walked back into the recording studio, a triumphant grin on his face. "We're a go! YG's sending the album off to be copied."

They all cheered, Seungri tackling Seunghyun to the floor as he giggled and Yongbae and Daesung wearing matching smiles, both separating at the same time to smother Jiyong too. 

"We did it!" Seungri yelled, breathless, to the studio's ceiling. 

Jiyong couldn't keep his smile down. "Next, though, is promotions."

"We get to choose our own pace now, so that will make life easier for us." Seunghyun replied. 

"BUt don't let that freedom be an excuse to slack!" Jiyong eyed the other members. "We have freedom, but we shouldn't abuse it. All this freedom means is that Seungri won't have as-heavy black bags under his eyes. If we make a schedule, we keep it."

"We promise, hyung." Yongbae and Daesung soothed. "We know."

"Okay. We go out drinking tonight, celebrate, then tomorrow we go over the offers for airtime and choose which ones we want to do. Sound good?"


Hunshik was quietly sitting at home watching tv when the next show came on. He decided to watch it through, just to see his Bigbang friends squirm. 

He spat out his drink in surprise.


The show they were on had a game they did halfway through the program where one member (or two, depending on the group size) would sit on a stool and confess a secret to each of their other bandmates. 

It was embarrassing, but relatively uneventful. Yongbae went first, followed by Seunghyun, Jiyong then Seungri. Daesung had placed herself last, looking at her dongsaeng and hyungs. She was wearing loser clothing than normal for even her and when she folded her legs under her, it showed. She'd been waiting for this particular show and was containing her nervous energy relatively well, in her opinion, because none of her bandmates had mentioned it ro given her funny looks. 

"Start!" The host declared. 

"Seungri," She began, "Oh, Seungri." The audience laughed and their bandmates snickered. "Through all of your wild phases and into your service, I worried for you the most. Besides Yongbae, you're the member the most like family, a little baby brother I never had and my unofficial first child. I love you the most."

Seungri played up his cuteness, really working his aegyo, before she moved on to Jiyong.

"Jiyong," She began somberly. "I wish I knew how to look as attractive as you do as a woman." The audience roared and her leader flushed, laughing behind his hand. "You're so much better than I am with skirts and heels. How do you do it?"

Jiyong hid his face in Seungri's shoulder, even as the maknae further for his embarrassment. 

"Seunghyun-hyung." She regarded him with a grave look. "When are you ever going to marry GD and take custody of Seungri? He's such a tiresome child."

Seunghyun took a moment to register what she said, but as soon as it clicked, he fell onto his back laughing. It took quite some time to get him to calm down, but she was glad that he took it with good humour. 

"Yongbae," Her gentle tone was sincere this time. "My precious Taeyang." She pulled her hand out of a hidden pocket and leant down, passing him what looked like a Polaroid picture. 

Yongbae stared at it for so long that Seunghyun tried to peer around him to see it, but the younger man pressed it to his heart, eyes beading with tears as he looked at her. His word escaped him in a weak gasp. "Really?" 

She fought back her own tears, smiling back at him. "Yes."

He jumped up from the floor and trapped her against him, squeezing the life out of her. "Really really?"

"Yeah." She breathed into his neck, but her mic still picked it up. 

He sunk down to his knees, taking her hands with him and kissing her knuckles. "You're a goddess."

"What the hell are you even on about?" Seungri demanded, finally getting up to look at the paper still clutched desperately between Yongbae's fingers. "Holy !"

Yongbae tore his gaze away from hers to look at the photo again when he notices two things that didn't look like they were supposed to be there. "Is that . . . Are there . . . ?"

"Three?" She whispered, leaning down and cupping his face in her hands. "Yes."

His body gave out on him and he just fell back against the floor, muttering, awed, at the ceiling. "Three. Three of them . . . Three . . . With Daesunggie . . . "

Jiyong crawled forward and took the picture from Yongbae's slack fingers, holding it properly so the rest of the band and the host could get a good look at it. Naturally, it registered in Jiyong first, having an almost fatherly sense for their only female member. "You're pregnant?!"

She flushed, but beamed, still sitting neatly on her stool. "With triplets."

"Triplets . . . " Yongbae echoed from below her. 

"Quick, show the camera!" The host commanded, Jiyong turning the ultrasound in his hand around to face the camera. 

Yongbae jolted up from the floor again and swept Daesung out of her seat, swinging her around and peppering loving kisses over as much of her face as he could reach. "I love you so much!"

She laughed, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist even when he finished spinning and sat himself down on her stool. "You're pregnant."

She giggled. "Yup."

"With my child- children." He gave the word enough reverence to make her feel godly. 

"Mmm-hmm."

"Triplets."

"Yes."

"Triplets you and me made.

She pushed some hair out of his face. "Absolutely."

His hand settled on her stomach and he pulled her down for a kiss, uncaring that the cameras were rolling, if their conduct was unprofessional, if they were disgusting their bandmates. He pulled away and pushed her back, just enough to raise her shirt, both hands coming to trace over the now-obvous baby-bump nestled amongst harad-packed ab muscles. 

"Hey there, babies, it's," Tears came to his eyes, "it's your Appa. Your eomma and I are going to take really good care of you, I promise."