Epilogue: Our Little Ones

She's Everything

Because I'm kind of convinced you guys want this to go on forever. Not that I would mind. So, because you guys love this so much, here is a surprisingly large epilogue. Enjoy. Tell me if you want an epilogue of the epilogue.


 

During her pregnancy, the boys would not leave her alone

Jiyong went out and bought a whole gender neutral wardrobe for triplets and never repeated an outfit (all Chanel and Givenchy, of course). Seunghyun bought three cribs (with beautiful matching bedclothes) and matching wardrobes - all of the finest craftsmanship wood had to offer and each sublty different. Seungri flooded the room with plushies and toys. 

And perhaps she was biased, but what she loved the most was the little white iPod and its small docking station, a recorded collection of Yongbae playing the piano. Sometimes the music was classical, sometimes upbeat, and sometimes he or she would be singing some improv song that would end with happy giggles and coos of affection. 

She insisted on painting the room herself - "I'm not even in the second trimester yet, lay off!" - and kicked them out for the day while she did it. When her boys came back, they were astonished by the brilliant array of colours, stencil butterflies, flowers and all of the Bigbang logos, including the ones from their solo work. 

Jiyong cried. 

Daesung caught him, smiling as she kissed his hair. "Each baby gets one of their godfathers' logos over their crib. Do you like it?"

Even in her arms, Jiyong sunk to the floor, face buried in his hands as he practically sobbed, hiccuping thank you over and over. Seungri wasn't far behind, leaving the room in search of tissues. Seunghyun didn't care that his tears spilled down his cheeks, only smiling like a maniac as he crushed her in a hug, whispering to her how much he was going to spoil their little ones. 

She laughed. "Yongbae is their father, hyung."

He kissed her forehead, still beaming. "They're Bigbang's as much as they're yours. As their godfather, it is my duty to spoil these babies as much as possible."

"Whatever you'd like, hyung." She giggled back.

"Hey, how do I get a mention?" Hunshik griped from the door, furiously trying to hide the fact his eyes had gotten wet too. 

Daesung pulled him further into the room and pointed to the wall alongside the door where there were hung pictures of precious moments. One was of Yongbae, Hunshik and Jiyong during their miitary service, another of the wedding party where Hunshik danced with both the bride and groom and a whole array of group photos of the five and six of them over the last twenty years. "Don't worry, Shikkie. You're here too."

Yongbae clapped him on the shoulder. "You can spoil them with how often you're over for dinner."

Hunshik paused. "That does sound like a good deal."

They all laughed before Daesung shooed them out of the room. "i have to put the furniture back."

Seunghyun's brows furrowed, standing taller without thinking about it. "No, Daesunggie, you're pregnant-"

"-And that does not make me an invalid." She levelled him with a judgemental stare. "I will do whatever I feel like until these babies come out and no one can tell me different."

Seunghyun turned to Yongbae to appeal, but her husband only raised his hands in surrender. "She's a big girl, hyung. Big enough to get pregnant. She knows best what she can handle. Besides, she's not even really showing yet. I'm giving it a few months before I try to change her mind."

Jiyong was exhausted, his waterworks finally running dry. He waved Seunghyun off. "No more! I need a drink and a place to rest. We move to the living room. Make sure to join us when you're done, Daesunggie."

She beamed and nodded an affirmative, closing the door and going about moving the furniture again. 


When she went into labour, the only one not panicking was Daesung. 

They were all vigorously pacing as she underwent labour, Seungri in particular looking like he wanted to bolt every time she grunted as the contractions started. Even Yongbae lost his normal cool, the same way he had coming home from his service, according to Hunshik. The ex-soldier had come with them to the hospital and been with them through her admittance and her adjustment to the maternity ward, but had approached her and Yongbae after she'd gotten comfortable. 

"I'm really sorry, but I can't stay here." He'd whispered, looking ashamed of himself. 

Daesung winced, a hand coming to her stomach, but the other coming up to pat his cheek. "Don't worry about it. I don't know if I could do it if I weren't the one giving birth. Even for another woman. This is going to be long and tense, for everyone. I don't mind if you go." She winked. "One less person to worry about chewing through their nails so much they're not even left with fingers."

"I'm so sorry, both of you."

Yongbae smiled at him, taking his wife's hand. "I'll call you when the triplets are born, okay? When everything's settled down, alright?"

Hunshik nodded, still nervous. "Thanks. I promise I'll come back when you call."

Yongbae tossed him the keys to his car. The other man blinked in confusion, but Yongbae only smiled. "I won't be needing it for a while. Plus, you can run errands for me when it comes down to it. 


Seunghyun had been the first to fall asleep, despite the nerves. Seungri, too, wore himself out worrying and fell asleep on his hyung. Yongbae made it valiantly through to the wee hours of the morning, but it was Jiyong who was awake with her the whole time. 

The contractions were coming too close together to get any sleep by the time her exhaustion set in, Yongbae with one hand in hers while bent uncomfortably over the bed to sleep. Jiyong had her other hand, idly playing with her fingers. Over the hours (she'd gone into labour sometime around ten am, if she remembered correctly, and it was close to six am now), and as the boys fell asleep, Jiyong became calmer, falling silent as he only held her hand, stared at her and sponging down the sweat beading on her forehead as the long contractions took over. He could only offer her sympathetic smiles, gently brushing her bangs out of her eyes and bringing her water and sweets, carefully peeling and feeding her slices of orange, peach and apple. 

"I never thought I'd ever get something like this." Jiyong had whispered, gaze locked on Daesung's face, his quiet voice loud in the empty hospital. "When I auditioned for YG and got accepted, when I made friends with Yongbae and when Bigbang happened, I never thought that I'd ever get the family I have now. I never could have guessed that I would get to be here while my pretty little sister has her babies. I never thought I'd have such a close-knit group that I can look at a woman who is not related to me, not married to me, and feel as if her children are mine as well, as if the wellbeing of her and her babies mean as much as if they were mine. 

"I'm so grateful to be part of our world, Daesung. I'm so grateful that you could put up with me being angry and bitter in the beginning, not shying away from being grouped with me. I'm so grateful that someone like you is the lifelong partner of my best friend and unofficial brother. I'm so grateful that I can be here with you, both of you, and be paart of the privileged few who get to see and hold your little ones just as you give them life. I'm so grateful I'm worthy, in your eyes, to be a protective symbol over your babies' cradles. I'm so grateful that all of this could come to pass, that I could be blessed with a family so close our bonds override blood. I'm so grateful to have gotten the chance to be your hyung, your leader, your brother. Bigbang is my world, for sure," His lips quirked up, "but I'm absolutely sure that I have room for however many little ones you're willing to give. So, thank you, Daesung. I love you."

Even though her body siezed from the contractions, now coming seconds rather than minutes apart, she smiled bright enough to light up the room. "I love you too, Jiyonggie."

He returned her smile, eyes misting over as he gently extracated his hand from hers, pressing a kiss to her forehead. He disappeared out the door, returning with nurses who started to get ready for delivery. Jiyong roused the others, silent gratitude hanging unspoken in the air around Daesung, her face twisting with pain. 


Seunghyun, Jiyong and Seungri were told to wait in a small room just off to the side of where they wheeled Daesung off to for the delivery. Yongbae was allowed to go with her, at her insistence. None of them knew how long they sat there, silent. Close to four hours, if the way they could feel the springs in the plush couch start dingging into their asses.

Seungri looked ready to bolt again, so Jiyong calmly took his hand, the peace Daesung had given him permeating through the steady touch to calm the maknae's violent tremours. 

"She'll be fine." Seunghyun murmured, wrapping an arm around their shoulders. 

"I know." Seungri replied, a heavy sigh leaving him. "She's too strong to die."

Jiyong snorted. "You're worried about her dying?"

Seungri punched him. "Triplets are dangerous just normally! Why aren't you worried?!"

"Because it's already over."

The three of them snapped their heads up to see Yongbae in the doorway, grinning like an idiot. His blonde hair was messy as hell and the bags under his eyes made him look like Seungri-warmed-over, but the way he was smiling . . .

"Daesung's all cleaned up now and the triplets have all been checked over, all perfectly healthy. Do you wanna see?"

They were standing before he finished talking and he only laughed, leading them down a couple of hallways before they entered a decently large room with a view over Seoul, a dryer and a pop-up cot set up next to Daesung's bed. 

She was only barely awake, only able to use her eyes in greeting. Yongbae over her hair and gently picked up one of the babies - one of the little girls

"Jiyong?" Yongbae moved over to him, handing him the child and teaching him how to hold her properly. "I would like you to meet Dahye."

His eyes began to water again as he bent down, brushing their noses together as the baby girl slept. "Hey, honey. It's Uncle Ji-" He swallowed past the lump in his throat. "It's Uncle Jiyong. Gonna take such good care of you."

"Seunghyun-hyung?" Yongbae positioned him similarly, laying down a slightly smaller girl. "This is Aehyeon."

"Hey, baby!" Seunghyun rumbled, lighting up and going to tap her adorable little nose. She was more awake than her sister, though, because her small hands reached out and grabbed at his finger. The other members swore they saw Seunghyun's soul leave his body, the overload of precious sending him straight to Heaven. 

"The youngest for the youngest." Yongbae joked, laying the smallest infant in Seungri's arms. "Say hello to your new niece, Hyorim."

"I'll protect you with my life." The mumbled, kissing her forehead. He felt little hands his chin and when he pulled away, Hyorim giggled

Jiyong laughed through his tears. "Even the baby thinks Seungri has a funny face."

Even Daesung managed a chuckle, though her usual rasp sounded a little more like sandpaper than a human vocal sound. Yongbae was at her side in moments, down her hair.

"Don't worry, sweetheart." He soothed. "I'll take care of the girls. You just get some rest, okay? Look, Ji's already a natural. I'll get him to help me wrangle up the babies, then I'll take care of our girls."

Neither hyung nor maknae made a smart remark, too caught up in watching their new godchildren and nieces play or mouth at their clothing or fingers. 

Yongbae wrapped an arm around Jiyong's shoulders, leaning on his leader as exhaustion overwhelmed him. "They're the most precious things, aren't they?"

"Absolutely." Jiyong over Dahye's face again, just to watch her face scrunch up. 

Aehyeon and Hyorim yawned at the same time and Yongbae was suddenly alert again, like a golden lab who just got tazed. 

"I hate to have to part you from them, but we have to put them to sleep." He guided them over to the cot, which was larger than it had looked, and pulled some thick white sheets from the dryer. He folded them on the bed, precise and careful, then took each of the girls in turn and laid them down, pulling the bottom half of the sheet up to cover up to their little chins. Their swaddling would prevent them from rolling over, so the only objective was to make sure that they stayed warm. Yongbae covered Daesung with another one of the warmed sheets and she sighed contentedly. 

"Get some rest, okay?" Jiyong urged. "We're going back to Seungri's apartment, because it's closer, so we don't disrupt the staff. Call me if you need anything, absolutely anything, in the meantime, okay? We'll be back as soon as we're rested and cleaned up. I'll bring you some things as well."

"Thanks, man." He hugged each of them in turn. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Seunghyun tapped each baby's nose, entering himself into a giggling fit. "You absolutely will."

Jiyong ushered them out, having to practically force them. He took one last look.

Yongbae kissed Daesung's slack lips, whispering something to her, before climbing on the cot and gingerly laying down next to the babies, one arm laid above them and one underneath as he curled around them protectively.

Jiyong closed the door, letting his family, new and old, rest peacefully.