Shattered

She's Everything

Yongbae and Hunshik rounded the corner and only the idol's quick reflexes saved Hunshik from the phone that cracked the wall it hit and exploded into pieces. 

Leewon was laying prone on the ground, nose a fury of spilled and gushing blood. With a kind of speed and efficiency borne only of life on stage, Daesung had on her tights and was finishing lacing up the boots she'd worn. 

"What the actual ?" Hunshik whispered, voice lost in shock. 

Daesung shook some hair out of her face, looking up at the voice. "Oh. Hi."

"What happened?" Yongbae asked, breaking from his awe to rush over to her. She brushed him off, standing straight and pushing her hair back over her shoulders.

"Not worth mentioning." She assured, smiling.

Leewon managed to stand, trying in vain to wipe away the blood covering his face and spilling into his mouth. "You ing . I'm going to skull you and make your boytoy watch."

Yongbae was too affronted to do more than stare for a long minute, but Hunshik was ready for war. He had elected to serve an extra year to finish his term with Yongbae after he'd made friends with the younger man. He'd seen Leewon the whole way through and disliked the man from the moment he laid eyes on him. Now he had an excuse to kill the man. 

Daesung was faster than either of them.

Like lightning, she was back across the space. There was a sickening crunch noise and Leewon's face effectively shattered the mirror when the two collided. All around them, there was a sudden rush of footsteps and a collection of frightened gasps from the staff that appeared. 

Daesung, though, looked anything but upset. Her body held tense for a long moment, thick and powerful muscles coiled for a follow up punch, even though the sound Leewon's jaw made didn't sound the least bit healthy. Her body fell back into normal stance once more, but the blood on her knuckles spoke more than any words the witness of the scene could come up with. The way she stared down at the man crumpled at her feet was very close to the way one would look at a disgusting bug in a jar, their prescence insignificant, but still revolting. 

Seungri pushed his way through staff and other customers who came to look, then stopped dead. "Oh my God!"

It was like his words broke the ice they were encased in and the staff scrambled, some running to check on Leewon, others asking Daesung what happened, if she was okay, that they were sorry. She held up her hands, everyone moving away from her without thinking. Her stride was measured, controlled, fluid as she walked over to Leewon, effortlessly hoisting the man over her shoulders. The crowd she'd gathered followed her as she went to the store's front doors, Seunghyun and Seungri hopping in front of her to open the glass panels. She stopped at the top of the short steps down to the sidewalk. Passerbys pulled out their phones, capturing video of the idol who resembled more a furious goddess.

"I'm going to kill you, you stupid ." Leewon choked out. 

In a move that made Seungri's body string with familiarity, she threw the man onto the concrete, mercilessly watching him crumple into a blood-soaked mess. "Next time you attempt to blackmail me for ual favours, I won't as forgiving as I've been now. Don't come near me or my family ever again."

She turned away then, gliding effortlessly back into the store.


Once safely beyond the view of phone cameras, Daesung turned to the closest staff member. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen. I'll gladly pay for another mirror."

"Goodness, no!" The woman breathed. "Don't dream of it! We've broken mirrors for less purpose than you. I'm so sorry this happened to you here. Does he bother you a lot?"

She shook her head. "My fiance, usually."

"You're really brave. Come, I'll find you a new changing area while my staff deal with the mess. Do you have any personal belongings there?"

"I'll grab them, Daesung." Seunghyun interjected, laying his suitjacket over her shoulders to give her some defense against her partial . 

The woman, who turned out to be the manager, was quick to find them an even more secluded spot and ordered the staff to give her some space, but make sure that only the people who entered the room with her be allowed within if they could help it.

"Holy !" Seungri finally burst out, wrapping her in a tight hug. "Who knew my noona was such a badass?!"

She blushed, letting Jiyong clean the blood from her knuckles, checking them for any wounds of her own.

"Did you know he was going to say those things? Is that why you sent me away?" Seungri pouted at her, then he became serious. "Are you okay, though, noona?"

"I'm fine, honestly. My knuckles ache a little, but I try not to make a habit of punching people regular enough to be used to it."

"I know you're engaged to my best friend and all." Hunshik knelt in front of her, taking her other hand and kissing the back of it. "But you are the most beautiful human being I've ever seen. You completely laid him out in two punches. I will give you my house just because you did that."

"Could you give me a second alone with her?" Yongbae said softly, hands in his pockets. "Maybe go collect the dresses you probably dropped in your rush?"

Jiyong took one look at his friend and gathered the other two. "Yeah. I'm sure Seunghyun needs help too. You too, Seungri, let's go."

"But-but, noona-"

"Now, Seungri."

"God, you sound like my mom." The maknae pouted but followed the order. That left Yongbae and Daesung alone, her perched quietly on the new pedestal, hands in her lap.

"I'm sorry, Yongbae."

He walked over to her, looming above her between her parted legs, then dropped to his knees. His arms snapped around her and he buried his face in her stomach, squeezing her so tight she could hardly breathe. "I'm so happy you're safe, Daesung."

She felt wetness on her stomach and gently eased him back, heart breaking as she saw the tears beading in his eyes. She gave him a tender smile as she wiped them away, pouring her affection into the kiss she pressed to his lips. "I'm sorry I scared you."

"I was scared for you. I don't like the idea of someone trying to force you into a corner, and certainly not to have with them." He squeezed her briefly. "What happened?"

"Because I was changing so much and we all see each other in our underwear all the time during tours and rehersals, I decided not to use the changerooms between dresses. I just changed on the pedestal so that Seungri and Ji could help me into the dress or hold it up or whatever. Seunghyun-hyung and Jiyong-hyung went to look for more dresses and Seungri and I started to talk. He was laying on and petting my thighs and I guess Leewon got pictures of it. They looked like lovers' caresses, but you know Seungri around me."

Yongbae nodded, his shaky smile prodding her to continue. 

"He made himself known and I sent Seungri away to find Jiyong, just to leave the area. He wanted me to . . . to get rid of the pictures. I told him to delete the pictures first and implied that I would . . . " She took a deep breath, eyes locked with his. "Then I broke his nose with a solid right cross."

He couldn't help but laugh, sitting up more to kiss her again. "I'm so proud of you. So brave, my Daesunggie." He rubbed his nose against hers, lashes leaving butterfly kisses along her cheekbones. "But please, if someone every threatens you like that again, get help. You never know what people can do, or who else they have with them."

Her hands cupped his face. "I know, Baebae, I know. If it hadn't of been Leewon, I would have. I promise not to do it again. At least, not to send away my backup."

He hugged her tight again. He knelt there for a long moment, just taking her in, warm and safe and fierce in his arms. "I love you, Dae."

"I love you too, Bae." She hugged him back, resting her head on his shoulder. 

"Would you like me to come shopping the next time?"

She shook her head. "I can take care of myself. I'm not going to come back for a month, I think, though. Let this settle down."

"You don't have to do a dress if you don't want to."

She gave him a brilliant smile. "I know. I have a bet with Jiyong-hyung, though. He had four-hundred-fifty-seven dresses left to show me before I'm officially exempt from dress-shopping. He said if he can't find me one after the first five hundred, his expertise is useless."

"Well, in that case, I can't wait to see the dress you choose."

"I'm going to let Jiyong put everything back and when everyone comes back, I'm just going to suggest dinner."

"I'll buy."

"Let's bring Hunshik too. He doesn't know the others really well, but it always feels like Seungri needs a friend."

"So long as you don't mind sass battles."

"As long as I don't have to be in them."

He kissed her again before standing. "Alright. I'll tell Jiyong. Just stay here for a bit and relax, okay? I'll take care of everything when we go home, too."

She smiled. "Okay."

When he vanished around the wall, she took a long look at herself in the mirror. She broke out into a giggling grin.

"It feels good to finally turn the tables on someone who's ing with me."


"Say it one more time and I'm going to throw water in your face!"

"Seungri, if you throw water, I'm leaving you to walk home." Yongbae said, taking away the glass. 

"But mudslides are just chocolate milkshakes with a measly shot of vodka in it. What kind of a drink is that?"

"This man right here knows his ." Jiyong grinned, wrapping an arm around Hunshik's shoulders as the maknae gave a glowering pout. "Aww, look! He's angry!"

"How can you tell?"

"Because he looks ten years old again."

"You didn't even know me at ten!"

"You're all wrong." Seunghyun interjected, grinning at them.

"Huh?" Jiyong was even more nasally when he was drunk. Hunshik raised an eyebrow and Seungri drunkenly stared at Seunghyun like he was going to pull the moon out of his back pocket. 

"Wine is the best alcohol. The rest of your nonsense is weak."

Yongbae sat back from the table, arm comfortably draped over Daesung's shoulder as she snuggled into him, occasionally snorting or giggling at something stupid the members or Hunshik would say. 

"Aww, you're so cute!" Hunshik chuckled, startling Yongbae out of the affection-induced stare he had pinned on Daesung.

"Get your head out of your ." Seungri rolled his eyes. "You don't have to see to know that they're cute. They're gross they're so cute. Like, ew."

"You just say that because you can't get yourself a stable girlfriend." Jiyong laughed. 

"Says Mr. I-blow-through-a-model-a-month."

"Those aren't girlfriends. I don't do girlfriends."

Seunghyun snorted, sipping more wine. "Then stop picking the shallow ones."

"It's not like I can just walk out onto the street and pick up a girl!"

"The waitress was giving you looks." Yongbae suggested, far too soberly chipper for Jiyong's liking. 

"Don't sass me. I get enough of that from the kid."

"For 's sake, I'm twenty-ing-nine! I'm not a child!"

"Yeah." Hunshik raised and eyebrow. "Because now I'm convinced."

Yongbae looked back down at his soon-to-be wife, this time catching her looking up at him. The rattling conversation around them dimmed, a peaceful quiet trapping them in their own world for just a moment. 

"Are you happy?" He asked, tucking some hair behind her ear. 

"I couldn't ask for anything more." Her smile was dazzling, blinding in the best way. "I've got my dreams in my arms already and a family already around my table. There's nothing left to ask for."

He smiled, tipping her head up, breathing his words against her lips. "Me neither."