Chapter 2

A Billion Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm going to tell manager-nim that I won't be in the same group as you" said Key. He could never smile in front of the camera, pretend to one big happy family in front of the camera and tell the media that he is close with JongHyun. No. He could never do that.

JongHyun was shocked when he heard this. Okay, Key hates him but enough to put the other three's career in line for that? He never expected it. Not that JongHyun expected Key to be okay with being in the same group but still, hearing him say this, it hurt. A lot.

JongHyun hung his head low and walked off. There was something about his air that showed that he was beyond hurt- he was numb. 

The expression on Key's face was unreadable. There was a mix of regret and something else about his face that made him look very different. 

Key hesitated for a moment but then proceeded to walk to the office anyway. 

---

TaeMin look worriedly at a quiet JongHyun who was looking out of the window looking very solemn. 

He tried calling his hyung many times but JongHyun wouldn't budge. It seemed like he was thinking about something very seriously. It caused TaeMin to worry a lot since JingHyun already had insomnia and he didn't want it to become worse. 

But there is only so much Taemin can coax his hyung to talk and soon he gave up and his thoughts flew to MinHo. 

----

Key stood outside his managers room and his palms started sweating. 

"Do I really want this?" he asked himself. "Do I really hate him that much?" 

He stayed silent for a moment and then his Jaw was set so that he looked determined. He closed those feline eyes of his for a moment before exhaling loudly and knocking the door of their manager's office. 

"Come in" he heard a voice. 

Key went in and bowed ninty degrees. 

"Ah, KiBum-ah, what's wrong" manager-nim asked "Is there anything you'd like to discuss?"

"Um......Neh" he said a little slowly. 

The manger motioned him to sit down in front of him and told him to start talking. 

"I have something to ask you" he started "Could I possibly be pot in another group to debut?" he asked quickly. 

Manager-nim studied him for a second before replying "You'll have to settle things with him someday. The sooner the better" 

Key just kept staring at the ground. 

"I know it might be hard to forgive but you're both older now. You have to learn to reconcile. Neither you nor JongHyun likes doing this so why just torture yourselves more? Think carefully KiBum-ah. Think again and let me know for sure okay? I can put you in a different group if that's what you really want but deep down, I think you know as well as I do that you want to be with him" 

Key was surprised at how manager-nim knew him better than he did himself. He bowed again and left the office. 

He decided to go out to get some fresh air. 

As he was sitting on a park bench, munching some potato wafers, he spotted two boys who reminded him of himself amd JongHyun. They both were so much at ease with each other that Key felt a sudden tinge of sadness. 

Suddenly those two boys walked towards Key and handed him a camera. 

"Hyung, please can you take a picture of us?" one of the boys asked, smiling widely. 

Key nodded and took the camera and clicked a couple of pictures of them. 

"Thanks Hyung. These came out well. We'll add it to our collection" the other boy said. 

"collection?" asked Key. 

"Yeah, today is my birthday and I'll add this picture to our scrapbook to mark 15 years of friendship. We've been friends since I was born" he said. 

"Having a scrapbook is so girly and what's even the point? You both are gonna be enemies one day" replied Key bitterly much to the confusion of the other two boys. 

As he walked away from the park, Key felt like and he figured he needed someone to keep company. 
He scrolled through his contacts and stopped at WooHyun's name. 

He hesitated for a moment but then proceeded to call him anyway. 

"Yeobuseyo?" he heard a voice from the other end. 

"WooHyun?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter