Dinner

Mutual Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NARA’S POV

Today is the day of the dinner with Mr. Lu’s family. That means, tonight I’m going to meet the guy that will be my husband in the future, the one I’m going to spend my life with. Just thinking of it, my heart starts to beat really fast because of nervousness.

I almost get a heart attack when I see my own reflection in the mirror that is located in front of my bed. I have dark circles because of the lack of sleep last night, and not to mention the bird’s nest hair that I got from continuously pulling and messing my own hair in frustration last night. My pale white skin make me look like a ghost.

I heave a sigh. I really shouldn’t have think too much about the event that is going to happen this night. Now what should I do? I’m supposed to look pretty tonight. I hope that the dark circles will disappear before the night come.

“UGGHHH!! Why there’s nothing right happen to me??” I yelled while pulling my hair again. If this goes on, I think I will become bald.

After letting out another sigh, I decided to stop grieving on my fate and wash up to make myself feel better.

THIRD PERSON’S POV

After a long bath and dress up prettily, Nara asked Uncle Kim to drive her to a shopping mall. Today, she’s going to hang out with Sumin again.

As soon as she arrive, she started heading to the place that they already promised to meet. When Sumin spotted Nara walking towards her, she quickly got up from her seat and ran happily to greet Nara. Nara could feel her mood enlightened when she saw Sumin’s wide smile. Sumin really knew how to make her happy.

“Nara! I miss you..” Sumin said with aegyo while hugging Nara.

Nara chuckled. “Didn’t we just met a few days ago?” Nara said while raising her eyebrow, trying to tease Sumin.

“A few days without you is too long for me. I always miss you the second you leave~” Sumin pouted, hugging Nara even more tightly.

“Ewww.. So cheesy. Go away.” Nara scrunched her face in disgust and pushed Sumin away from her but actually she feels happy when Sumin said that.

“Yah, you’re so mean!” Sumin stomped her feet.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry darling. Now, can we start shopping already?” Nara said.

“You said you want to find a dress for tonight right? We should find it first. Let’s go” Sumin said excitedly.

They entwined their hand and started walking into a boutique. They looked around for a dress that would be suitable for that night. Nara wanted a dress that was elegant but simple. She didn’t want to look like she wanted to impress Luhan so much. She wanted to keep her pride up high since she didn’t knew how Luhan would treat her when they met.

After they went to a few boutique, Nara finally found the dress that she wanted. It was a dark navy blue dress that ended at her mid-thigh and has a flowy tail that ended at the back of her knee. After she got a confirmation from Sumin, she paid for the dress.

“Sumin, I think I need to go home now and get ready for the dinner.” Nara smiled apologetically to Sumin as she had to cut their date short.

“Yeah, I think you should go now.” Sumin nodded and gave Nara her sincere smile.

“Bye.” Nara said one last time and turned around to walk away.

As she took two steps away from Sumin, she felt a hand holding her wrist, stopping her. Nara turned  around to face Sumin only to be met with Sumin’s concerned face. “You’re okay right?”Sumin said to Nara.

Nara understood what Sumin meant. Sumin was asking her if she’s fine about meeting the person that she’s gonna be forced to marry. Sumin was asking her if she’s fine about the whole arranged marriage thing.

Nara forced a smile on her face and put her right hand on Sumin’s hand that was resting on her wrist. “I’m gonna be fine.” With that, she walked away leaving Sumin.

 

 

The Shim family was waiting in the VIP  room they had reserved for their dinner with the Lu family. Nara couldn’t help but felt nervous since they could arrived in anytime. She was silently praying that there would be a traffic jam or whatever to prevent them from arriving.

“Nara.” Her mother’s voice snapped her out of her trance. “ When they arrive, remember to greet them nicely. You must behave and smile okay?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter