The Decision

Mutual Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tell me why ~
Wae mami mami jakku heundeullini~


“Ugh…” Nara groaned as she tossed around on her queen size bed. Her phone kept on ringing loudly on her bedside table. Who call this early in the morning? She reached out her hand to pick up her phone and held it near her right ear after she pressed the ‘answer’ button. “ Hello?” She said lazily.


“Nara!!! Good morning!!” the person on the other line squealed.


Nara quickly distanced the phone from her ear since the shrillness of the voice was too much that she thought her ear would bleed. “Yah! Kim Sumin! You really like to ruin my peaceful morning don’t you?” Nara scolded her best friend that had been with her since she was 5 years old.


“Hey! That’s not nice to say. You should be thankful that you are the first person I think of in the morning” Nara can already imagine Sumin pouting.


“Okay, okay. Fine. What is it that make you call me so early? There must be something going on..” Nara narrowed her eyes as if her best friend can see it.


“Nothing big actually. I need to attend a dinner tomorrow. I just need your help in finding a beautiful and suitable dress to wear.” Sumin said.


“Alright then. We’ll be going at what time?” Nara asked her, already getting up from her comfy bed.


“I’ll pick you up at 10.30 okay?”Sumin replied sounding happy.


“Okay.” Nara ended the call and entered her bathroom to take a bath. Done cleansing herself, she put on her bathrobe and walk into her walk-in closet. She pick out several clothes and decided to wear a dress that ended just above her knee. Then, she applied a thin layer of makeup to complete her style for today. Just as she finished her makeup, she heard a loud honk signalling that Sumin had arrived. She scrambled down the stairs and out of her house to Sumin’s car. And just like that, she spent her day shopping and having fun without knowing her upcoming fate.

6 hours later
Nara skipped happily as she entered her mansion, hands full of shopping bags that contained clothes and accessories she bought with her best friend. Just before she stepped onto the flight of stairs, she heard her name being called. "Nara."
She looked to her left to see her parents sitting on the sofa. "Yes mom!" She said while flashing a smile to her parents.


"Come here, we need to talk." She quickly obeyed her mother and strode her way to them.

"You just went shopping?" her father said while eyeing the shopping bags she was carrying. "Yes dad, Sumin asked me to accompany her to buy a dress for dinner, while accompanying her, I saw some things that caught my eyes so I bought them"she said while giggling as she settles down on the sofa right in front of her parents.


"So, what do you want to talk to me about?" she raised her eyebrow, expecting them to get to the main objective faster since they're making her nervous than ever.


"Well, I will get to the point. Nara, I want you to marry my friend's son." Her father said like it's the most normal thing in life.


Oh. That's really straightforward. Wait... What?? Marry? Me???


"Dad, what're you talking about? Are you serious? Are you really asking me to marry your friend's son? Which friend of yours?? Do you even know his son? Do you-" "Calm down Nara. You're asking too many question. One by one alright? And yes, I'm serious. I really want you to marry Uncle Lu's son. Her father said with a very calm expression.


Uncle Lu's son? That popular bachelor? I always heard about how handsome and smart he is. How he is very hardworking and excellent in his job. But I also heard about how he always go to a club to have fun with his friends and that he never date any girl despite playing around with them a lot.


" Dad~How could you do this to me? Mom, say something~" She whine to show her objection on this matter. Her mother that had stayed silent along the conversation finally talked. "Nara darling, it's for your own good. We make this decision after thinking about it thoroughly. It'll benefit us and them too.."


But I want to get married to a man that I love..


“Mom, dad, I don’t wanna marry him. I don’t love him. Please..” Nara begged, getting desperate.


“Nara, you’re my only daughter. I don’t have any other child. I’m also getting old. I’ve been thinking of this for a long time and this is the only way. Trust me, it’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter