Serendipity

Speaking Silences

AN: Yaye!!! Chapter  updated....Even after so many obstacles...But its here :) Enjoy reading^^ and commenting^^



 

“The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”

 

 

Even though it was late morning, the constant entry and exit of visitors inside the supermarket was making Jongin tired. Late-night make-out session with the extra-clingy Jessica combined with a morning class today had the larger boy feel like a walking Zombie. Jongin does not know what crept up that girl yesterday, she was adamant about staying for the night and after a series of banters, he had given up.

He could have skipped the lesson altogether but Jongin had his brain go haywire remembering that extra test his professor had scheduled for today. Needless to say, he could barely finish the paper in time amidst sudden yawn attacks and droopy eyes. And he had his first part-time job start at 10.

So cursing heavens abode for this bad day, Jongin stood at the entrance of Max Supermarket, wearing a second-hand uniform and a forced smile. Locking the plump woman’s ancient handbag with a plastic tag, he ushered her inside the glass doors with a low bow and immediately focused on the next person in line. Jongin’s work-hours were usually less crowded as he had intentionally opted for a week-day two hour plan that could fetch him less money but more time for his multiple jobs. Other than that, showering your charms on pretty girls is a different thing than constantly being a happy hunk for ahjummas who are ever ready to pass on their numbers on tiny notes that somehow make way into his front pockets. God knows how. Today was no exception as it was only an hour into his shift and he had already received a total of five notes, thirteen winks and twenty five flying kisses. He does not know how and why the whole neighbourhood had planned to shop for groceries today, on a Wednesday morning. Jongin had started hating this world even more.

 

Jongin was on his height of losing his temper with yet another ahjumma attack, this time in the form of groping when he felt his phone ring.

y, free and single, I’m ready to bingo~

Suddenly, all eyes lined outside the market was on him- some gazing him with curiosity and interest, others (majorly the male population) with irritation. Jongin took a harsh breath in, cursing himself. How the hell he forgot to keep his phone on silent. What would have happened if someone had tried calling him during his test hour? Professor Lee was a very strict man with ‘no phone during class’ policy.

Sighing, Jongin fished out his phone from his trouser pocket, and turned it off without looking at the caller. He quirked a questioning eyebrow at the crowd, which immediately dispersed. Some of them came to him handing their bags wordlessly, totally intimidated, some other brave ones stole glances at him whilst pretending to analyse the new window display.

Jongin totally regretted handing his cell phone to curious little, ohkay not so little, Taemin during his dance practice yesterday. He should have known his dancing partner’s crazy ideas when it came to embarrassing him to the core. Jongin had no intentions of stealing Taemin’s crush. Come on, he hadn’t even known that Taemin liked Jessica until last month. The boy had the secret slip whilst having a word fight as an after effect of the intentional push by furious Taemin that had Jongin fall face first to the floor. In front of the whole dance troop. Jessica had sorted that cold war between the two partners seeing the effect it had on the dance co-ordination in whole. Obviously, even after all smoothed out, Taemin had that little grudge somewhere placed inside his heart, which he took out on occasions. Just last week he had placed worms inside his locker as a form of joke. Jongin keeps on forgiving his crazy antics for his dance team as Taemin is a really good front man and even if he won’t say it on his face, but man, his moves are so smooth and original. Taemin is maybe a troublemaker but talented as hell and the troop needs him. So, Jongin forgives him yet again.

 

As soon as both hands of clock touch the roman twelve, Jongin rushes inside the supermarket, handing the tag-gun to the next-in-command. Youngjae looks a little lost today, looking at him with a dazed expression, but to hell with it. Jongin needs to be out of this place as soon he can and surely, world is hell bent to hinder his peace. On his way to market’s washroom he gets stopped by the manager, a women in her late thirties wearing a provocative dress totally inappropriate for a family store, her ample bosom ready to burst out from her low cut.

“Kim Jongin, what are you hurrying for? Got a date planned?” She slurred obviously trying to sound seductive.

Jongin shuffled with discomfort, shifting his weight from one foot to another.

“No, Miss Daejung. Actually, I have a class at one. So, if you may.............” Jongin spoke in a low tone, trying to look convincing and was met with a sly laugh that totally ruled of the possibilities of her taking his words as a truth.

“Young boys these days” She stepped closer to him, point a long finger at his face, “I know you are making up excuses but never mind. Your shift is over and I have no right to stop you from leaving. Good bye.” She added moving away, giving him space to just tread inside the washroom and he did that in haste. Jongin was sure he heard a whispered Lucky .

Jongin wasn’t lying when he said he had a class to attend but seeing today’s scenario he gave up on the idea. He was beyond tired and totally frustrated. Another slow lecture would just kill him. God knows why the university was hell bent on feeding the last semester students with extra lectures just to prepare them for the job calls. Huh, he does not need those lessons. Jongin had his future planned and he was doing multiple jobs for the savings for what lied ahead of him.

It was almost lunchtime when he hit the roads and he thought of catching up some quick bite before he went downtown. Jongin really wanted a good rest and his apartment would be a good idea to take a nap in, even though Jessica’s flat was nearby. He didn’t want her to be bothered on her college days as first year students had loads of lectures. She wouldn’t be home anyway. So, he took a street to his right, that he remembered lead to a famous soup shop. Tired and sleepy, he just wanted something less heavy and chicken noodle soup looked like the best option.

Walking towards the desired destination, Jongin took out his cell phone that was secured inside his jacket pocket. Turning it on, he got greeted with notifications indicating a single missed call from an unknown number and a couple messages. Ignoring the call, he opened his message app only to have a small smile creep up on his irritated face. Sehun had texted him minutes back.

From- Sehunnie

12:02 PM

Hey, I am really sorry I could not ask you about your day yesterday. I m sure it would have been a beater. Anyways, it’s my first day at university here and it’s quite okay. I had a brief round of talk with two crazy fellows here. Well, one crazy fellow, other was rather okay, just a bit on the nerdy side. How was your day?

 

Stifling a sudden laughing spurt, he noted a familiar cafe at a distance. The Dreamer’s. He does not know how come he was on the same street as the popular cafe. Jongin does not remember taking a left turn. It must have been his sleep-deprived brain. Chuckling, he decided to take that opportunity to call his best friend. He was standing near the cafe where Sehun used to work, why not call him.

Scrolling his last call logs, he tapped on his Pinku icon. Sehun had hit him when he set that picture as his contact icon, but Jongin had laughed it off saying the soft toy was their mutual love. It was Jongin’s first before he gave it to the younger. Sehun hated that concept he knew but had kept the toy nevertheless.  

It took several rings before the said boy picked up his phone.

“Hello” Sehun sounded happy and he was so glad to hear him that way.

“Hey, Sehunnie. How are you? Where are you? Is it breaktime? Am I disturbing anything?” Not able to stop the flood of emotions, Jongin let out in one go, voice full of giddiness. He was awarded with a sunny laugh from the other end as his own grin reached up to his ears.

“Slow down tiger” Sehun said in between laughs. “To answer your chain of questions, I am good, at the university and you are not disturbing anything. Its lunch time and I was already done with it when you called. How are you?”

“I am good, just a bit hungry. And hey, I am standing in front of The Dreamer’s. I was heading towards that one soup shop and gods knows how I ended up here. Guess, I must have been missing you badly. Want me to deliver any messages to your friends?” Jongin offered, resting his body on a nearby wall.

There was a brief pause at the other end that left him questioning of the network. Telephone signals in the city were going from bad to worse; he needs to change his network company.

“Hello, Sehun? Are you there?” He tried speaking into the receiver. No static was heard. The call was on-going.

“Yeah, sorry....Someone was calling me from the table. Well, naah, it’s okay. But you should go and have your lunch okay. It’s getting late.”

“I will have it in a while. Tell me who are those crazy fellows you had texted me about?” Jongin insisted, not wanting to hang up so soon. Sehun seemed very distracted just now.

“Aah, they...umm they are Luhan and Minseok. Luhan is an exchange student from China who somehow irritated me with his Super Junior love. But, he is cute. Minseok is just like Jongdae from my class back at Seoul but more sweet and helpful. They don’t know about me or my dad and that is really a relief.” Sehun spoke softly, as if narrating characters from a drama.

“Aish...Don’t talk about Super Junior. The whole supermarket was looking at me today as someone found it really funny to mess with my usually normal ringtone changing it for y, free and Single.”

The sunny laugh was back as Sehun enquired, “Taemin?”

“Who else? It was really annoying as all the ahjummas looked ready to grab the chance.” Jongin replied with a snort.

“Oh, comeon. The last part may not be true seeing Jessica, but you are y and free. Anyways, talking about Jessica how was the trip yesterday?”

The smile that broke on Jongin’s chocolate face was of utter excitement. He wanted to tell Sehun about who had interested him at the Academy, who had him go dizzy at a single smile. But all his thoughts were cut seeing the same person exit the cafe at the corner.

“Sehun, I have a lot of things to tell you. But, I will call you later at evening right. Wait for my call. Bye.”

After receiving a brief I will wait and a good bye, Jongin cut the call, running towards the frail figure. Luckily, it took him only a couple of moments when he halted just a distance from her, smoothing out his haywire hair and jacket. When satisfied with his appearance, Jongin approached her. She was busy looking in front as she walked but stopped sensing the presence of a person just behind her.

“Hey” Jongin spoke in a confident tone, throwing his most charming smile.

The girl looked puzzled for a second, furrowing her brows in mild concentration, as though trying to rake her brain into recognizing the person who was talking to her.

Sensing her trouble Jongin tried supplying, “We met yesterday remember? At your college? I am Jongin.” Her face looked soothed out as she bowed lowly in recognition, Jongin bowed back.

“Hello” The girl smiled and Jongin felt like storing that smile for forever. Just for himself.

“I am sorry we had to leave yesterday. Jessica...um...my friend, her parents had a flight scheduled.” Jogin rubbed the back of his neck but did not let embarrassment control his tone.  

There was a brief pause as the girl weighed her answer and after making up her mind she spoke again, in a low tone, “It is okay, I had to meet someone too.”

Jongin looked at her for a second taking in her appearance today. She looked as beautiful as she did yesterday. Long honey curls tied in a high ponytail at the back of her head, a summer jean jacket smiling ever so beautifully atop her pink summer dress. Her face was focused somewhere else, directly behind him. Jongin turned around.

A tall, even taller than him, male was strolling towards them, looking directly at Suzy. He had a pointy face, all serious looking. When near, the male gestured something with his hands, as some sort of connotation and Suzy gestured back, both hands moving at a rapid pace as she looked.... worried?

Jongin saw them communicating in actions for a while in utter confusion and then it hit him. They were using sign language.

Who was this guy?

Why was Suzy worried?

What was happening here?

 

Jongin had no answers.

Not yet.

 

 



AN: I know I know a cliffhanger!!!

But its totally worth it :D

Be happy guys, finally a Kaizy interaction*showering confetti*

And next chapter wont take this long...this time blame it on what I am going to say next.

 

Any EUNHAE fans here????? 

I know I know accuse me for advertising shamelessly but hey, its my fic:D

So, back to the task......I have devoted a whole three day to write about Donghae's feelings for Hyukjae...Its EUNHAE-Army verse...For secret EUNHAE fans...check it out:D and make me happy. I just love love love how it turned out to be. *fangirl squeal*

'Filling the Gap'

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1073930/filling-the-gap-donghae-eunhae-eunhyuk-fluff-romance-superjunior-hyukhae

As for this chap, you know what to do XD.Comments and Upvotes guys!!!

Love you:)