He Is Nothing But Nothing

I'm Not I Don't I Can't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



He was ugly today.


I know that Monday was the most hated day of the week, people having to use all their efforts to force themselves to go to school. It was reflected upon their faces; hands running through hair every minute or so, the constant sighing, and eyebrows furrowing. Twenty or more people have already walked past me, all wearing the same, irritated expression but none of those were at par to him.


He had spring in his steps, hand swinging the bag he was holding and flashing smiles at everyone. A familiar student greeted him and he almost blinded the guy with his bright grin. It was enough for me to join the other students in their sour mood. I hastened my pace towards the school building. It felt like Moses splitting the sea because students were making way for me as soon as their eyes caught my figure walking along the same path.


The ugly man, who was a few meters ahead, suddenly stopped and turned around. Our eyes met and upon recognizing me, immediately walked back. I too became a victim of his ugly face as he greeted me in his usual warm voice.


"Good morning, Wufan!" He chirped, a little too near to my face. "Did you have a good weekend?"


"Hn." I sidestepped him and continued walking to my first class. I felt him following suit, the loud clatter of his excited steps not being missed by my attentive ears.



I'm not really fond of starting Mondays with seeing him.







"Hey Wufan, did you finish the homework in Math?"


He took a seat across my desk from where I was busy reading in peace. Until he arrived. I didn't pay attention to him and just shrugged. However, my cold treatment did not deter him (as always) and began to rummage through my bag for the object that he was looking for.


He let out a cheer when he pulled it out and was about to go back to his seat when I held onto his wrist tightly, still not looking up from my book. "Did I say anything about letting you copy my homework?" I asked in my usual indifferent tone. I didn't have to look up to know that the man was now sporting his kicked-puppy expression. He went back to sitting in front of me.


"But Wufaaaan~ I really really need it this time. I wasn't able to do mine since I went to academy till late-"


"Since when did underground performance count as academy?" I immediately cut him off. I knew where this conversation was leading to and there was no need to make the whining longer. My answer will still be no.


"But I had to go! I already missed the last one with the band because you wanted me to study with you. And I did, didn't I? Because you said so. I thought if there is anyone who understands my passion more than anyone else it would be my best friend." I heard a loud sigh. "But I guess I was wrong..."


He slowly stood up from the chair, obviously waiting for me to take back my words and let him have his way like always. But I didn't. When he finally realized that I won't be giving in this time, he slammed the notebook on top of the desk, creating a loud noise. This time, I looked up and saw his hurt expression just in time before he walked back to his own seat and sulked.



I don't tolerate bull. Especially if it was from him.







"Wufaaaaan~"


The familiar deep voice rang from  a distance, irritating me once again. I swiftly left the classroom as soon as the bell signalizing dismissal rang then took a fast jog to the library where I spent almost ten minutes, hoping that this ball of annoyance have long since headed home. But the amount of time I wasted to shake him off my back proved to be futile as an arm linked its way onto my own. I didn't glance over and just continued walking as if nothing was hanging on me.


"Hey Wufan, can we play basketball? It's been a long time since we played together." His deep voice filled with enthusiasm. It can almost be compared to a puppy waiting for a playmate.


"No." I replied curtly. When will he ever leave me alone?


I expected my body to be shaken furiously, together with his incessant whining for us to play but instead, the warm limb left my arm. This made me halt on my steps and looked back at the man, who was now wearing a blank expression on his face. He remained like that for a few seconds before he finally opened his mouth to speak.


"Why are you being like this to me?" His words came out softly. The sadness that rarely laced the energetic man's voice made a pang in my chest. "Can't we go back to what we used to be?"


"I don't know what you are talking about." I watched as his expression contorted into a pained one.


"What did I do? Please tell me so I can apologize properly...so I can change. It hurts me when you push me away instead of telling me what is the problem." He turned his gaze on the ground.


"Don't waste time on me. There is someone who needs your attention more." I turned around and continued walking, not looking back again.



I can't endure having him near me.







"There she is. Ah, my heart is beating too fast. Be on stand-by, hyung. You might rush me to the hospital." He said as his eyes remained transfixed on the petite female who was buying lunch not far from where we were eating. They were full of admiration and I was afraid they would fall off their sockets soon.


We were having lunch at the school cafeteria. I actually preferred eating outside, but he would always drag me here just to wait for that person to appear and stare at her with his disgusting dreamy look. I was so close to stabbing his throat with my fork. Instead, the poor bulgogi received my anger.


"How can she be so pretty every day? She's so perfect. She's beautiful, smart, and everyone likes her. Who wouldn't fall for her?" There it was again. That lovesick expression.


"I don't know. Maybe because not everyone finds her beautiful, smart or likeable." I replied scathingly.


The man turned to me with a sharp glare. "Seriously hyung, you are the only person in the whole campus who hates her. Just because people refer to you as a campus crush doesn't mean you have the power to say bad things to her."


"I don't have to be a campus crush to say that. I can say whatever I want. Take your admiration somewhere else." I grumbled back.


"Seriously, what is the problem with you? You've been extra mean lately. Not only to me, but to everyone else around you. Some even started asking me if you are possessed because even though you are usually cold and faced, you don't intentionally hurt other people."


"Oh, I don't know. Maybe you are supposed to know considering that you always say that you are my your best friend." The mocking tone in my voice came out harsher than I had intended to. Not that I care.


"Well I AM your best friend and even I cannot comprehend what's going on with you anymore. Are you on drugs?"


"Ask yourself. You look like the possessed one with the amount of lovey-dovey expressions you show whenever you see that woman around."


"Oh come on, hyung! Are we going on about this again? I told you I don't like her that way. I just admire her, that's all!" He let out a groan. He saw the mutilated bowl of beef in front of me and grimaced. "Are you jealous or something? Because that's how a jealous girlfriend act, seriously."


I got up from my seat and strode out of the cafeteria, ignoring the curious looks that followed me.







I was on my seat, reviewing my notes. It was study time and everyone was working quietly. I was beginning to get bored and found myself staring at hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter