“Can you smile?”

I Want You Back

Sungyeol silently gazed at his best friend. He was having a conversation with Sungjong about their new song in Infinite F. Honestly, he felt betrayed because of this. He was the leader, why not ask him? It was only fair, plus it was a win-win situation since Sungyeol would get to bond with Myungsoo while the other would get sufficient knowledge about the song. So why in Infinite's name did he not consult their leader about it?

He continued to stare at the pair. He got engrossed in staring at them that he didn't notice Sunggyu was calling him so they could eat at the restaurant Woohyun had found.

"Sungyeol, Sungyeol," their leader said, "Let's go to that restaurant."

Right after he said that, he pointed to the earlier restaurant. When the choding didn't reply again, he sighed and looked to where he was looking.

"Myungsoo and Sungjong?" He asked loudly, which got the attention of the younger boy.

"What?" He asked him.

Sunggyu smirked knowing Sungyeol would listen, "I was calling you to get inside of the restaurant but you were very busy. I was curious to see who you were looking at and your eyes pointed to the two youngest in our group," he explained.

"Oh okay," the choding nodded after hearing his explanation.

"Can we go inside the restaurant now?" Sunggyu asked with a smile.

Sungyeol didn't say anything. He shortly looked at the two who were window shopping and got inside. Sunggyu followed after him. Once they were inside, they scanned the room for their friends.

"Hyung, Sungyeol!" Dongwoo shouted, raising his hand so they could see their table quickly. The other people in the restaurant looked at him weirdly. "I'm very sorry for disturbing your meal," he said and bowed. They heard their angel's call and looked at his direction. All of Infinite bowed along with him and apologized for the intrusion. Everyone accepted it and continued to eat. Sunggyu and Sungyeol walked towards them and sat at the edges of the semi-round booth.

"Where are Myungsoo and Sungjong?" Woohyun asked with a curious expression.

"Ah! We saw them outside, they were window shopping. Should I call them?" Sunggyu asked.

Everyone nodded except for the choding who was busy playing with a bottle full of sauce. After a few seconds, Dongwoo, who was next to him whispered the question and he nodded along with them.

Sunggyu stood up to fetch their two friends. While he was outside, the other members had a serious discussion.

"What should we eat?" Sungyeol asked them.

"What about French fries? After all, this is a fast food chain," Hoya suggested.

"French fries?" Woohyun repeated, giving the idea some thought.

"Burger, burger, burger," Dongwoo and Sungyeol cheered.

"Okay, I'm up for burger and fries. What else?" Woohyun asked.

"Coke?" Dongwoo suggested.

"Ah, I'll just have water. I'm trying not to have too much soft drinks," Hoya said with his normal awkward smile. He looked down at the table, gently taking the bottle of sauce from Sungyeol and playing with it.

Aside from him, the two agreed with Dongwoo's suggestion.

"That's all?" Sungyeol asked, hoping for more food.

"Let's just have lunch later," Hoya said. Everyone went along with him and while waiting for their three friends, they talked about random things that the boys had constantly thought of.

"Why does hyung look like a hamster?" Dongwoo asked, getting a napkin from the table.

Everyone on the table started laughing, even the dance machine's shoulders moved up and down from his small laughter, his lips pressed into a line, but it didn't stop his laughing. Sungyeol kept hitting the table lightly. Woohyun's eyes were tightly shut from laughing. Fortunately, their laughs weren't as loud as Dongwoo's yell earlier so it didn't really disrupt everyone's meal.

Once they were done, they wiped their tears of joy and patted the rapper's back, "That's a question only hyung can answer so you should ask him when he comes back."

As they continued to talk, Woohyun suddenly got a call. He took out his phone, silently thanking Infinite it was in vibrate mode. He looked at the caller. "It's Sunggyu-hyung," he said.

They all kept silent as he pressed the Accept button, a confused yet curious expression on their faces.

"Hey hyung, why did you—"

"I can't find them," Sunggyu cut him off.

"W-what?" Woohyun's eyes grew wide and the other members huddled closer to him to listen to the call.

"I can't find Sungjong or Myungsoo," Sunggyu repeated in a louder tone. It was clear to Woohyun that he was panicking. He heard fast footsteps, their leader's unstable breathing and the nervousness mixed in his tone.

"Did you try to call them?"

"More than thirty times, but they didn't reply," Sunggyu replied.

"Okay, hyung, we'll help you find them. Just relax, okay? Can you tell me where you are?" Woohyun replied in a calm manner.

"I'm in a high building at the highest floor. I thought I could find them using it but I don't have a clue where they are right now," Sunggyu said, calming down. Knowing that the other members would help was really comforting.

"We're coming, hyung," Woohyun ended the call and kept his phone.

"We should be in different places to search," Hoya said.

"I'm going to go with hyung since he might panic again," the other lead vocalist said and everyone approved.

"I'll stay here and try to call everyone if I find them," Sungyeol said.

"Me and Hoya will go from shop to shop to search for them," Dongwoo smiled, excited to go hunting for their friends.

"Okay, let's start finding them," Woohyun said and waved to the others, leaving to find their adorable leader.

"Bye, Sungyeol. Remember to call us if something happens," Hoya and Dongwoo said and waved to him. Once they were a bit far from the restaurant, the angle rapper kept jumping in excitement and the awkward rapper kept stopping him.

Sungyeol didn't return to the restaurant. He hung out at a cafe that had a good view of anyone who entered it, though. At least he wouldn't look creepy in that restaurant. He was starting to think it was really disturbing that he was using his phone inside that place with everyone eating. Even the choding had manners, sometimes.

He didn't really order anything, even if he wanted some coffee. He had to look at the entrance of the restaurant at all times. He wouldn't want those two getting under his radar.

After a while, he decided to call them. Maybe they were available now. He took a short look at his contacts, pressing Sungjong's name with his thumb and the call button as well. He pressed his phone to his ear and cheek and continued to stare at the entrance.

Ring. Ring. Ring. 

One minute later, the ringing stopped. He didn't answer the call. He searched for Myungsoo's name and called him.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Just like Sungjong, there was no reply. He decided to text them now. He sent the same text to both of them.

[Yah, everyone's looking for you. You two better show yourselves right now. Just give us a call, a text or go to the restaurant we went to before.  We're getting really hungry. T^T]

As he looked at the restaurant, his stomach rumbled. He held his poor stomach, trying to restrain himself. He turned his attention to the cafe he was in and saw biscuits. He bought biscuits and bread for him and the members, joyfully returning to his table.

He munched on some biscuits and frowned at the window. Myungsoo and Sungjong had no plan to return, did they?

He called all of the members.

[Hello?] -DW

[Can we just go home? I don't think they want to show themselves to us. We can't spend this day worrying about them while they go shopping.] -SY

[I'm alright with going home. We could just eat the leftovers or get take out.] -SG

[So we're going home?] -DW

[Yeah.] -INFINITE

Sungyeol was the first to reach their dorm. He put the food he bought in their kitchen and sat in the living room. He heard people laughing from one of the rooms. He put his ear on the doors of each room. It wasn't from his, Hoya and Sungjong's room, nor was it from Sunggyu and Woohyun's room. There was only one room left. Myungsoo and Dongwoo's room. He opened the door carefully, preparing himself to beat up anyone he didn't know inside. To his surprise, the people inside were very popular to him.

"You guys were here the whole time?!" Sungyeol shouted, quite furious at the moment.

Sungjong and Myungsoo flinched at his loud voice. They rarely saw him angry and when they did, he was a lot more scarier than their leader. They looked down at the floor as Sungyeol stared them out.

The door opened, revealing Dongwoo and Hoya. They had heard the choding's yell from a few meters away and they hurried towards the dorm at once. They were shocked to see the pair in their dorm since they couldn't find them.

"You gave us a very hard time trying to find you!" Sungyeol yelled.

This time, Woohyun and Sunggyu arrived, looking cold. They looked at Dongwoo and Hoya and they motioned towards Myungsoo and Sungjong.

"S-Sungyeol, calm down," Sunggyu stuttered, too cold from the outside world. Woohyun kept an arm around him to keep him warm. They looked at Myungsoo and Sungjong, giving them the 'let's talk' look. They replied with a nod and Woogyu got inside the room, locking it.

"Sungyeol, let's eat your biscuits," Dongwoo happily suggested, getting the basket from the kitchen. Hoya continuously patted the choding's back as they followed him. They stayed in the living room, eating random food they found to fill their stomachs with after the long search.

Author's Corner

Sungyeol, it's ok. You don't have to yell anymore after this. Again, thanks credits to infinite and woollim for the story. 💭