Confession

The Mysterious Girl

“Urghhhhh I can’t take it any longer! Can we take five?!” complained Jia as she collapsed on the floor.

 

“Okay. We have been practising for quite a while already anyway. Go and take a break and be back in ten minutes!” Min announced.

 

We are practising for an upcoming school concert that would be held in the school hall, inviting several ministers and famous alumni back to our school. Even though the dance club consists of the five of us only, Min managed to find five guys to be our partners for the dance item. We have been practising since school ended every day as the concert is around the corner and we have yet be familiar with the dance steps and our partners. Which explains why Min is in her devil mode, letting us practice for 5 consecutive hours before letting us take a break. I don’t blame her anyways since she is so stressed up over the performance because she is our leader.

 

I walked towards my bag that was placed in the corner of the dance studio and grabbed my water bottle that is placed beside my bag. I then twisted the cap of the bottle and started gulping the water after losing so much sweat from all the dance. And from my side vision, I saw my partner, Minhyuk walking towards me.

 

“Hey! Since we aren’t familiar with one another and chemistry is very important in the dance that we would be doing, would you mind to hang out after practise today?” he asked.

 

“Uhhh… I can’t make it today. What about lunch tomorrow??” Amber is waiting for me at the usual spot everyday so that we can head home together, and by agreeing to him to hang out, I would have wasted her time and my chance to hang out with her.

 

“Yeah sure. I will see you in the canteen again tomorrow then.” With that, he walked back to the middle of the dance studio and practised his steps.

 

After another hour of torturing practise since my muscles are aching, we are finally released from practised and as I walked out of the door of the dance studio, Minhyuk approached me again.

 

“Let me walk you to the bus-stop then. It is kinda late for a girl like you to be alone.” He suggested.

 

“Nah. I’m fine. A friend of mine is waiting for me.”

 

“Okay then. Goodbye! See you tomorrow!”

 

“Bye!”

 

“Hey Krystal! Is Amber waiting for you today? I forgot to return her the pen she lent me during lunch break!” Min called me from behind.

 

“Yeah, she is. You can give to me. I will pass it to her.” I said, and took the pen from Min.

 

“Okay! Bye and rest well!” she nagged.

 

I waved her goodbye and started walking towards the garden since it is also on the way to the school gate. As I neared the usual bench, I could see a figure lying on the table, sound asleep which brings a smile across my face, forgetting about the tiring practice.

 

Since the said figure is sleeping so soundly that it seemed to not register my presence, I sat down beside her, head resting on my hands while my elbow is on the table supporting that weight and started poking her with the pen that Min passed to me.

 

With every poke, I started giggling since she would stir a little but remained in deep sleep. It was until my giggles were too loud that it woke her up.

 

“O-oh. You are done?” she rubbed her eyes.

 

“Yeah. I have been here for 5 minutes already, but someone was in such a deep sleep that she didn’t know that I am here.” I let out a small giggle.

 

“Sorry, I have been pretty tired recently since tests are coming up.”

 

“No, it isn’t… it is actually a month after the concert, and the concert is two weeks away!”

 

“It is never too late to start early.”

 

“No wonder they call you a nerd because you are really one.” I laughed.

 

“Hey!!!!!” she said and pushed my shoulders.

 

“That’s enough! Let’s go home. It is pretty late already. Min was a devil again today. She tortured us with 5 consecutive hours of practise before letting us rest.” I complained and took her stuffs with me. “Oh, speaking of Min, here’s your pen that she forgot to return you during lunch break.”

 

“Thanks. She really looks pretty stressed these days. She is spending most of her lunch breaks doing the choreography!” she commented as we walked out of school.

 

“Yeah, if I were her I would be stressed up too. The upcoming concert is a pretty big event, and being in charge of the performance is a difficult task!”

 

“But she seemed to be enjoying doing it.”

 

I nodded my head.

 

“Oh yes, I won’t be able to have lunch with you guys tomorrow. I will be meeting Minhyuk to hang out so that we could build our chemistry for the performance.” I informed.

 

“O-oh. O-okay.”

 

The rest of the trip home was unusually quiet. Amber would usually talk about her day or the time that she spent waiting for me, but it was so quiet today that I felt something was wrong.

 

“Are you okay? You are very quiet today.” I asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little tired.” She shrugged it off.

 

“If you say so…”

 

By then, we reached her doorstep so the conversation ended. I sent her home and headed back to mine for a much needed rest.

 

Amber was pretty quiet even the next day and I really wondered why, but I didn’t have the chance to ask her since today’s classes are quite packed all the way until lunch, and I won’t be seeing her during lunch.

 

The bell rang for lunch and before I left the classroom, I had told Sulli that I am unable to join them for lunch before heading to the canteen to look for my lunch buddy for the day.

 

I spotted him near the end of the canteen and headed towards his table. And when I settled down and got my lunch, we started sharing information about one another like information of our family and our likes and dislikes.

 

After chatting for 15 minutes, I saw my clique walking into the canteen and taking the usual table. I observed that Amber was looking around, scanning across the canteen as if she is looking for something.

 

“Is she looking for me…?” I thought. And it made my heart beat faster.

 

“Hellooooooo~ Krystal???” I was awakened from my thoughts by Minhyuk who was waving his hands in front of me.

 

“Y-yeah? Sorry I spaced out.” Giving him a small smile.

 

“It’s okay. I was just talking about how I usually spend the weekend with my family.”

 

“Ahhh me too! My sister would always cling onto me during weekends and never let me go out of her sight!” and we both laughed at that.

 

I turned to where Amber was and she had to turn around just when I directed my vision at her… as if someone has been observing me, and I gave a small smirk at that which went unnoticed by Minhyuk.

 

We had lunch and chatted until the bell rang and bid our goodbyes before going back to our respective classrooms.

 

And for the following days, I would spend some time off from my clique to hang out with Minhyuk and there would be some days where he joined the clique and had fun together. That sulky attitude of Amber carried on for the days we spent time together. And to be honest, it was quite cute.

 

Unknowingly, the two weeks passed and it is the day of the performance. The ten of us are in the dance studio, doing our makeup when I see the door opening, followed by Luna’s head at the door.

 

“Hello! Is it possible for us to come in??” she asked sheepishly.

 

“Yeah of course you can! You are our best friends, so why not?” Min questioned.

 

In came Luna, Victoria, Sulli and Amber into the dance studio and I see them bringing boxes of what it looks like to be food.

 

“Here! I made some sandwiches since I don’t think you will have the time to eat today.” Victoria said.

 

“OMGGGGG! Thank you Victoria! You don’t know just how hungry am I and Min just didn’t want us to eat before the performance!” Suzy whined.

 

I chuckled as Min retaliated, “Hey! I just didn’t want you to eat too full or something heavy because you might vomit the contents on the stage later and embarrass us! But sandwich is fine.” Min gave the permission for us to tuck in.

 

“Can you not be so disgusting?! Let’s just eat!!!” said Jia while Fei shook her head looking at the bickering two.

 

“Why are you guys here anyway?” asked Fei.

 

“Here to give our support before you girls perform! Right Amber?” Luna elbowed the quiet girl by the corner and I think I saw her winking and Sulli smirking… 

 

“Y-yeah. Good luck girls! I am sure you girls can do it! You have been preparing for this stage long enough, I am sure the effort would pay off well!” she said while looking at me, as if saying it to me, just me only.

 

“Okay, we shall head to the hall first, good luck girls! Give your best tonight!” Victoria cheered before shooing the three girls out of the studio.

 

The waiting time before the performance was nerve wrecking. Min couldn’t stop pacing up and down while we kept talking to chase the nervous feeling away. When we were called, the ten of us gathered in a circle and did our cheers before heading to the stage.

 

As I stood on stage tonight, other than seeing my family seated near the stage, I spotted the girls too, and Amber’s eyes seemed to be giving off a proud feeling.

 

The music started, and we did our moves. In no time, we were already at our ending poses and the audience clapped for us. By then, I saw that Amber was gone from her seat and I frowned a little before being chased off the stage by Minhyuk to clear the stage for the next group of performers.

 

As I got down from the backstage, I felt something wrapping my wrists, followed by a force that is dragging me somewhere. I looked forward and saw Amber who is dragging me and her ankle towards a very familiar place.

 

The garden.

 

After we reached the bench at the garden, she put my hand down, held onto my shoulders, and inched forward…

 

My heart was pounding very quickly by now as I stood rooted on the ground, in shock of what is happening. The next moment, I felt something soft on my lips. She is kissing me!

 

She pushed me away from her after the kiss and said “S-sorry.”

 

“You know you don’t kiss someone and say sorry after that?” and pulled her towards me for another kiss.

 

“O-oh?!” It is now her turn to be in shock.

 

“Does that means that we are together now?” she asked.

 

“What do you think? I wouldn’t give my first kiss like that to anyone!” and she smiled at my statement.

 

“C-can you stay away from Minhyuk then…? And minimise any other personal contact with the rest of the girls unless I am there… I got soooo jealous whenever you do that and whenever you meet Minhyuk for lunch and when he joins us.” She pouted.

 

I laughed and said “Sure thing, princess!” and pulled her towards me for another hug and gave a peck on her lips.

 

A/N: annnnnnnnnnnnd this marks the end of this story! hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoy writing!^^ trying to get maybe 1 or 2 oneshots done before i fly next week but i am still trying to look for the inspiration to do so. so i can't promise that i would be able to come up with them by Sunday night...