Amber

The Mysterious Girl

The following weeks in school turns out to be fine. Other than the tiring workload given by the teachers, I’ve made more friends thanks to Sulli. I got to know of Luna and Victoria, the former being Korean as well while the latter is a Chinese. Luna is a year older while Victoria is two years older, which explains why I didn’t get to see them on the first day of school. Sulli got to know them since they lived in the same area.

 

And in the few weeks, I learnt something new about Amber and why she is called a creature and weird.

 

On the second day of school, I was asked to stay back in class for a short while since Sulli needed help in an English practice given by our English teacher. And from my peripheral view, I saw Amber limping on one leg as if she had injured the other. She walked out of the classroom while dragging the right leg, which looks like the injured one. Then I saw her approaching a classmate of ours and she requested if he could help her carry her stuffs as she looked like she would have trouble carrying it. It then daunt to me the reason why she was bullied by the rest of the other classmates. I felt bad for her immediately because she didn’t deserve such treatment when she is perfectly healthy like the others. It was from then on that I took noticed of her.

 

She would request the same classmate who is also her desk-mate to help her carry her bag and the latter would always reject, not wanting to be her slave, and she would always end up dragging the bag together with her right leg out of the classrooms.

 

Her requests stopped after 2 weeks, since she is constantly being made fun of by her desk-mate and other classmates, and it seems like she would live in her own world like I do in the past. And I would see her lonely back dragging herself and her bag out every evening, making me feel bad but I could not do anything to help her as I was afraid of getting isolated by my classmates too when we are having a smooth sailing relationship between one another.

 

We were having PE classes one day when I felt uncomfortable. It was my gastric acting up again since I didn’t have proper meals due to studying for the upcoming tests. I requested to head back to the classroom to rest since I wasn’t feeling well and found Amber on her seat since she is exempted from doing sports. She was reading another novel, the title that I couldn’t make it out of.

 

I went to my seat and placed my head on my left arm while my right clutched onto my stomach as the pain intensified. Before I know it, the pain got unbearable and I started whining in pain. I think I caught the attention of Amber as I saw her feet moving from my view and I out the next second. 

 

The moment I opened my eyes, I was greeted by a worried face Sulli who immediately questioned if I am fine and went on to say that she was so worried after seeing that I wasn’t in class when PE ended.

 

“Who sent me here then??” I asked.

 

“Amber did. I heard that she barely managed to carry you over to the sick bay.”

 

“Where is she then?”

 

“The bed next to yours. I need to get going, classes are starting. Rest well Krystal!” with that, she left the sick bay

 

I looked over, and saw Amber getting treated on her right leg. She gave me a small smile as the nurse finished the treatment.

 

“Thank you.” I said which felt like a whisper but I think she caught it because she gave a slight nod.

 

“I’m sorry.” I carried on. Taking her by surprise.

 

“Why?”

 

“For not helping you when you are in need. Your right leg injury seems to be a big problem and yet you carried me over despite the fact that you probably can’t carry heavy things.” Tears started welling up in my eyes.

 

“O-oh. It’s okay. Really.”

 

“I am really sorry. In return, I will help you out from now onwards. I know how it feels getting isolated, and I would never let you feel that way again.” I wiped the falling tears and gave her a smile.

 

“You know, you don’t have to. I’m fine being alone.”

 

“No! I insist. I will be your friend from today onwards!”

 

“B-but what about your friend??”

 

“Oh, Sulli?” She nodded. “She wouldn’t mind. I am very sure that she wouldn’t judge you.”

 

“Yeah I know. She defended me on the first day of school.” She smiled.

 

“You see! We are willing to be friends with you! So accept us into your heart!”

 

I saw a slight nod from her, indicating that she agrees.

 

I was given the green light to head back to classes shortly after with my gastric getting better but Amber was told that she should take the day off and rest at home. I felt guiltier and more determined to be her friend. I never saw her again for the rest of the day.

 

“That creature sure uses Krystal as her advantage to skip classes for the day.” The same girl on the first day of school scoffed. My fingers were wrapped into a ball of fist as Sulli eyed at me worriedly for getting worked up.

 

“Yeah, she probably thinks she is a hero for doing a good deed while she begs for help daily.” Another added.

“YOU GUYS DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED SO DON’T ASSUME. SHE WASN’T FEELING WELL SO SHE WAS ASKED TO GO HOME!” I couldn’t take it any longer, I stood up from my seat and shouted towards the girls in anger while Sulli held onto my arm.

 

Thank god lessons ended because I couldn’t take it any longer and grabbed Sulli’s hand while dragging her out of the classroom.

 

We were at the bubble tea shop near our school, sipping on my favourite honey green tea waiting for Luna and Victoria to end classes.

 

“Why did you get so worked up earlier on?” Sulli asked.

 

“She saved me and her leg seemed to have gotten injured while doing so. Moreover, I felt guilty for not helping her when she needed it.”

 

Sulli nodded her head.

 

“Can we be friends with her? It being alone in school. I am sure you won’t mind… right?” I asked timidly.

 

“I’ve been wanting to ask you since the first day of school but kind of got chickened out whenever I see those girls in our class.”

 

“Let’s just ignore them then. They don’t know how to appreciate gems.”

 

“Hahahaha yeah! Amber is a gem alright!”

 

“Not only her, you are too.” I smiled.

 

“Awwwwww. You’re so sweet!” and she pounced on me for a hug.

 

A/N: here's the chapter for this week! i will be seeing you guys again sometime this week since majority of you guys chose two updates per week!^^ i added another chapter than what was originally planned, so there would be six chapters instead. enjoy! :D