Epilogue

Morning Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days had passed. It had been three days since the passing of his long-gone yet very loved girlfriend, Iseul. Whenever he had walked into the room they had shared together, his knees would buckle; the weakness and guilt rushing through his veins in ways so insurmountable. Her letter had laid on the ground after he had violently thrown it there, angry tears building at the corner of his eyes as he stared at Kyungsoo and at his friend Jongin, whom he had found out knew about Iseul's condition. Baekhyun had tried to punch him, but he only got as far as taking him up by the collar and staring madly into the younger's frightened eyes. It was no use, punching or even killing the guy wouldn't bring his precious girlfriend back, no matter how much he wish it did. 

Three days also signified the day where the belongings of the dead were removed from the room they slept in. Baekhyun couldn't bring himself to do it. He was just too damn guilty. Who could blame him right? The cheating boyfriend who unknowingly went behind his girlfriend's back as she suffered quietly and died from cancer was a tag that haunted him forever. He couldn't even bring himself to realize nor imagine what kind of pain his girlfriend was in. He certainly couldn't forgive himself either knowing that she must've hurt a lot during the time period of those 8 short months. It was eating him alive; the guilt, the inability to look at his bedside that had a framed picture of them on their first-year anniversary, the impossible hoping for her to return; he just couldn't do it. 

With a dark face and all black clothes that downed him from head to toe, he watched his girlfriend's casket be carried down the isle. Chrysanthemums and other funeral decroations dwelled within the hall, its white color overwhelming against the dark and black colors the few people who showed up had worn. Her parents had passed away, so there was particularly no reason for them to be there in the first place. The only people who were there were Suho, Jongin, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and a few other guests who knew Iseul quite well since she was a kid. They especially didn't forget to take out their anger on Baekhyun. 

They cursed at him, wondering where the hell he was when she was going through all this suffering. Suho and Jongin insisted that Iseul had specifically instructed them to not have Baekhyun find out about any of this, but her relatives and other close friends were to stubborn to believe this. Baekhyun didn't quite tend to himself, knowing that he was just as guilty as any other murderer out there. He cheated, and he had absolutely no excuse to pay up with. That didn't bother him either, and no matter how many times he got down on his knees for forgiveness with genuine and guilt-filled tears he shed, her friends never let up to forgive him. 

When the casket was opened to reveal her pale and lifeless body, Baekhyun collapsed onto the floor. All the oxygen in his lungs had been violently taken away as if he had died as well. He couldn't find the right words to say, and he was choking up on his own tears as he glanced over at his girlfriend's dead body. His voice cracked every single time he tried to speak, but he knew very well that although he wanted to apologize to her, it was for no use. She was dead, and he couldn't do anything about it but to stir and dwell within his own misery and guilt. 

"I-Iseul.." His throat finally calmed, her name rolling off his tongue with difficulty as he struggled to get back up onto his feet. He managed to graze his finger over her cold flesh, goosebumps and a shiver running down his spine at such a feeling. He couldn't take it any longer. His sobs were becoming louder, the pants and groans for oxygen were soon overtaking the resonating silence as everyone had already left the hall to leave him be. "I'm so... s-so sorry I.." He choked, a sob drowning out the rest of his words into garbled regret. 

Just then, the door to the hall had opened, the door being closed just behind the person whom had opened it. Baekhyun had no care any longer, as he continued to sob into her dead corpse as the footsteps increased with each drawing inch. He finally turned around, and gasped at who it was. Iseul. His eyes widened, fear evident in them as she flashed a gentle and soft smile at how cute he looked. Not that it was good to mess with the mourners. 

"Why are you crying Baekhyun..?" She asked, her hospital gown still on and her bare feet against the polished wooden floors. Iseul was just as beautiful as ever; her aura still captivating his heart and the sweetest smile she could pull of curling perfectly at her kissable and plump lips. Her hair was slightly tousled, but still looked as flawless as ever as it cascaded down from her scalp all the way down just under her chest. Baekhyun managed to pick himself up, of course never failing to stumble while in the process of doing so. He was still definitely in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter