ix. the party.1

Remember (undergoing major editting!!!)

* Third Person *

Hotline Bling blasted from the speaker as Jeonghan and his companion neared DK's pad. In actuality, it is DK and Soonyoung shared pad. It's been 2 years since the two lovebirds decided to live together. The pad has always been the place where he and his friends would normally celebrate birthdays and Christmases when Jun and Minghao can't go back to China. Walking towards it now, it brought back alot of memories, the spin the bottle game where Jun would always drink for Minghao because the latter cannot drink; the games where Seungkwan-also called Diva Boo-would get over excited and then hit by Hansol. And of course, the eating time where they would indulge on his and Mingyu's cooking with Wonwoo and Seungcheol praising them with every spoonful. Basically, that not too big apartment became a place where they would laugh, sometimes cry, with each other.

"Are you sure this is okay?" his companion asked him for the 1000th time since he picked him up.

Jeonghan just nodded. He wasn't too sure with this. Sure, only Mingyu knew about Joshua. Jeonghan also knew how much Mingyu loathed Joshua when the latter left him. But Jeonghan just wanted to give Joshua a chance, not as a lover but as a friend. Jeonghan is positive Mingyu and his friends would go ballistic when they see Joshua but now, Jeonghan just can't care enough.

When they arrived on the front door, Jeonghan rang the doorbell atleast a dozen times just to get heard through the noise. When the door finally clicked open, it revealed a jumpy Seungkwan and an annoyed Minghao, with the latter's head under the former's hand. Wait. Had they been wrestling?

"Ohhh. hyung. You're here." Seungkwan said.

"Yeah. Uhh-- I hope you don't mind, I brought someone along." Jeonghan said, pointing at Joshua.

"Hi! I'm Joshua. Nice to meet you!" Joshua said holding out his hand.

Seungkwan was startled at first but hesitantly shook his hand.

"Yeah. I'm Seungkwan. This is Minghao, uhhh-Joshua?" Seungkwan said

"Hyung." Jeonghan said.

"Joshua-hyung." Seungkwan corrected.

Just then, a running Mingyu came to the front door.

"Oh! Seungkwan-ah, who just--" Mingyu stopped at his words when his eyes fell on Joshua," what in heaven's name are you doing here?!" Mingyu said, angrily.

Before Jeonghan knew it, Mingyu was infront of Joshua, gripping his collar. Wonwoo came sudddenly and tried to detach his boyfriend from Joshua , who was just standing still.

"Mingyu, stop." Jeonghan said.

"Hyung! Why--w-why?! Why is he here?!" Mingyu said.

"Let me explain..." Jeonghan said as he pulled MIngyu outside and to the stairs.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

* a few days ago in Jeonghan's POV * 

When Monday came, I had already forgotten about Joshua's letter until my mom presented it to me by dinner.

"Are you not going to contact Joshua?" Mom asked.

"Mom, we both know about what happened between me and him right?" I said, stuffing the chicken in my mouth

"I know. I also know how much he hurt you, how much despair he put you in but,." Mom said.

"But?" I asked.

"Don't you think it's only fair to talk to him and listen to him? I'm not asking you to get together again. I'm just asking you to try to forgive and forget. Hatred corrupts the heart of good things." Mom said

"I don't know Mom." I said as I got the paper, stood up and left the table.

I got into my room and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. As the cold water cascaded my long hair down to my shoulders and body, I was thinking about what my mom said. Forgive? Joshua? Those two words doesn't seem to fit into a sentence. I pushed back the thoughts and continued with my shower. 

When I got out, I dried my hair and got a fresh shirt and jogging pants and got ready to work on some files when I saw the sticky note on my desk containing Joshua's number and reread it again. After rereading, I stuck it on the cork board beside my table and proceeded in working on the files. That's basically how my night went.

The next day, I tried to live my life as it was before Seungcheol's accident. I woke up, ate my breakfast, drank my milk from the mug he gave me and went to work at the publishing house owned by Ryeowook-hyung.

I work as a proof reader at the publishing house and has been doing so for the past 4 years. While proof reading a new novel to be released by a certain Cha Hakyeon, I came across a name in a passage,

"Joshua...."

Is this a sign? Should I really talk to him? Should I forgive and forget?

After the tiring day at the office, I decided to go to the park where Seungcheol and I last met. It was almost evening so there was no one in the park besides the cleaning personnel. I sat at the swing and started swinging it back and forth. I thought of Seungcheol, who is probably very happy with Jihoon now. I also thought about what my mom said, about forgiving Joshua and learning to trust him again. 

Finally, he made a decision. He's going to give his and Joshua's friendship one more chance. 

Just as I was about to go home, I heard a familiar voice calling my name. "Jeonghan? Is that you?" the familiar voice asked.

"Joshua?" I asked.

"Uh- hey." Joshua said sheepishly.

I backed away instictively but remembered my decision to give our friendship a chance.

"Listen, I would like to apologize for what I'd caused you 3 years ago. I know it was stupid of me to leave you hanging like that and believe me when I say that I only did that because I wanted to follow my dream. I'm so sorry if I hurt you. Please forgive me, Jeonghan. Please. Just once." Joshua said, kneeling.

I stopped him from kneeling and said, "Stop Joshua. I admit I have been so hurt I almost killed myself but I found someone who saved me and loved me. I thought I'm still angry with you but it's just now that I realized that I'm not. I realized that I have forgiven you and perhaps, I'm slowly forgetting." 

"What do you mean?" Joshua said.

"I know you want to rekindle the old times, but I'm telling you already, we cannot go back to what we were. Friendship is the only thing I could give you. After all, we were friends before we became a thing right." I said.

"I know. I accept that. I know that a lot of things happen when two people are apart. I just want to be beside you again, Jeonghan. Even as a friend." Joshua said.

I just nodded and we proceeded to the nearest coffee shop where we decided to talk about what happened to since we'd been apart. I found out that he had just graduated from a school of music in the States and is now venturing on producing albums. I told him that I still work at the publishing house and I told him about Seungcheol. He frowned a little when I told him about Seungcheol but I decided not to let him know I saw that. 

Joshua offered to give me a ride home but I declined. I bid him goodbye and we went our separate ways. While walking towards our house, I remembered what my mom said about forgiving someone. It did feel good. 

That night, I was scrolling through my phone and saw the Seungkwan's message and remembered that it was Hansol and DK's birthday on the weekend and he had just said that he will bring someone, not that he wanted to, he just feels like he needed to because, he's pretty sure, Seungcheol's gonna be there. And when Seungcheol's there, 100%, Jihoon will be there too. He didn't want to look miserable so he decided he needed someone to go with him. Joshua came to my mind immediately but I pushed it off the same way it came to my mind. 

After several days of push-pull, I decided to contact Joshua and ask him if he can join. Unexpectedly, he was free. And that was how Joshua became his companion.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* back to Third Person and the recent time*

"Hyung, you're crazy." Mingyu said.

"Oh shut up. Just... let me be okay." Jeonghan said

"Oh well, just go with what you wanna do.. Let's just hope that Joshua would not break your trust again." Mingyu said

Jeonghan just nodded and they decided to go back to DK's pad. When they were near the apartment, Jeonghan's heart skipped a beat when he saw Seungcheol, standing there with his signature blue sweater, black pants and Outlands. His hair was disheveled, like he just woke up but Jeonghan knew it was Seungcheol's habit to run his fingers through his hair , in an attempt to make him look "even more hotter". Seungcheol was talking to Joshua and Jeonghan was surprised when he didn't recognize him and then he remembered, Seungcheol has amnesia.

Mingyu and him walked to them and then they saw them. Joshua motioned for Jeonghan to come over and Jeonghan did, pulling Mingyu with him.

"Oh it's you Jeonghan, right?" Seungcheol asked.

And after a week, Jeonghan felt his heart beat so furiously again. Jeonghan was overcomed by his feelings but he managed a little nod.

"Aren't you gonna introduce me to him?" Seungcheol asked Jeonghan, pointing to Joshua.

"Uh.. Joshua, this is Seungcheol. Seungcheol, Joshua." Jeonghan introduced and Joshua extended his hand for Seungcheol to shake.

"Nice meeting you bro, I'm Joshua, Hong Joshua." Joshua said.

"Yeah me too. Name's Seungcheol. Choi Seungcheol." Seungcheol said, shaking Joshua's hand.

Just then, a short boy with pink hair entered the scene, one hand carrying a cake and the other waving at Seungcheol frantically. It was Lee Jihoon

"Babeee!" Jihoon said

"And the little is here." Jeonghan could swear he heard Mingyu murmur.

Whether Seungcheol heard Mingyu's comment or not, Jeonghan wasn't interected. Instead, his eyes were glued on his love, hugging and kissing someone that should have been him.

"Let's go in." Joshua said and Jeonghan didn't argue.

It's going to be a long night.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi guys! I updated well because our babies won the Rookie Award yesternight at the SMAs!! Yeah! Mansae~ I'm such a proud mom I literally cried along with Seungkwan~ 

OoOOH by the way, if u guys wanna follow me on tumblr/twitter here's my UNs >>> 

TUMBLR: give-me-scoups-of-icecream

TWITTER: @seungcheolie17

if u notice this is (.1) so obviously there's a part 2, I'll try to post it tomorrow ^^ and finally the four stars have finally met!! What will happen at the party? Will the operation be successful? Hmmmm...

 

xx, cdotjhn