His reason

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today Running Man filming begin again after break for 2 weeks in order to give Jong-kook time to recover and respect Ji-hyo who just lost her father. Jong-kook almost reach filming location, but the closer the distance is, the more his heart pounding. It’s indeed because he will meet Ji-hyo. He only can hope Ji-hyo didn’t remember about last night.

Everyone now already gathering, except one person. Just when Jong-kook about to ask Jo PD about her whereabouts, she makes her appearance and greet the crew.

“Annyeonghaseyo Jo PD. I’m sorry for being late.”

“It’s okay Ji-hyo ssi, please wear your mic and stand by on your position.”

She just nod and went away to greet the member with a bright grin of her. But that grin slowly disappear from her face once her gaze meet with one man who stand not far from her and already watched her ever since she arrived. She did smile at him too but then quickly move to her spot for opening. Even though she smiled at him, but he know that it was a forceful one.

During shooting, Jong-kook observed her behavior towards him at surprisingly there is not a slight weird nor awkward thing between them. Ji-hyo would spread her smile prettily to him, laugh, mad, even not hesitate to do some skin ship with him. Nothing change with her which makes him happy.

Right after the shooting ended, Jong-kook plan to go after her who currently put her belonging into her bag.

“Ji-hyo ah.”

She froze for a second hearing his voice calling out her name before turning her back and face him. She’s not answering with voice but with her cold stare.

“Can we talk?”

“No, I have to go home now.”

“But I didn’t see your car yet nor your manager.”

“I’ll take a cab.”

“It’s late for you going home with a cab. I’ll drive you home.” Without hearing her answer, Jong-kook take her hand and pull it lightly.

Ji-hyo resist and harshly pull her hand from his which makes Jong-kook startled. “I will just take a cab.”

“It’s dangerous to take a cab alone at this hour.”

“In case you’re forgot, we are in Ilsan, this is my area, so you shouldn’t burden yourself for worrying about me.”

“What do you mean by burden myself? I really did worrying you and it didn’t burden myself. Come on, let me drive your home.” He take and hold her hand tightly this time.

Ji-hyo didn’t move a bit from her position. Her eyes looking at his hand who hold her hand tightly. “Let me go.”

“Mwuh?”

“Let go of my hand, Kim Jong-kook ssi!” Her eyes now staring straightly into his eyes. Coldly.

He is taken a back at first once he hard Ji-hyo address him formally, but still hold her hand tightly.

“Gosh! Wake up Jong-kook ssi! You have a girlfriend and now you hold another girl’s hand? Not just holding hand, but hug, and kiss another girl as well. What is wrong with you, Jong-kook ssi?!!” Her eyes are getting wet.

Without realize, Jong-kook loosen his grip on her hand and she take this chance to pull her hand from his.

“You should have told me from the start that you have girlfriend so that I will distance myself from you. Even though I’m not close with Eun-hye, but she is still my friend and I don’t want her someday misunderstand about us.” She take a deep breath and leave him alone.

Ji-hyo just walk straightly to the front of building. When she is sure that she is far enough from Jong-kook, she lean her back to a wall and slowly kneeling down. Today is very hard for her. She have to hide her hurt feeling and act happily with him during Running Man filming when she really want to avoid him. The more she meet him, the more she feel hurt. But his touch on her hand magically can make her heart flutter even though only lasts for 3 seconds because she quickly back to her sense.

“You did well, Song Ji-hyo….” She said to herself while wiping a tear that drop on her cheek.

She then receive a message from her manager that she’s arrived already. Yes, she was lying at Jong-kook that she go home alone. At that time she just want to avoid him that much and he approached when Ji-min almost arrived. So when he want to drive her home, she just casually said that she will take a cab.

At the other side of the building, Jong-kook only can staring at her back who is getting far from him until she’s disappear from his sight. His heart now hurt badly. He know there is no way he can be with her now or even can’t get close to her again like before because she must be hate him. He then look up to the dark sky with teary eyes. “Ahjussi, mianhaeyo…… I think I can’t stand by your daughter side, but don’t worry, I will try my best to take care of her…”

 

 

Kim Jong-kook entered his house with carrying a plastic bag contain 5 bottles of soju. He straightly goes to dining room and drink all of them alone. While drinking, he found it funny. 2 days ago he found Eun-hye drinking alone. He doesn’t know the exact reason but one of her reason must be him because of her call. Yesterday he found Ji-hyo drinking alone because of him again. He hurt her badly. And now he is the one who is drinking alone because of Ji-hyo and Jang-hyuk. He smirk thinking about that.

“Gwenchana Jong-kook ah, let’s end this drinking chain here. Don’t let Hyuk involve in this drinking chain. It’s okay if he’s drunk because of other matter, but I can’t let him drunk because of love. Not again. Not after I almost kill my own best friend. Not gonna happen for the second time.” He take a big gulp of his soju again. “You make a right decision Kim Jong-kook….”

He keep drink those soju until he is now holding his last bottle and start feeling dizzy. His brain start replaying his life in 2008 where he was Eun-hye’s boyfriend, and where he was almost kill Jang-hyuk.

 

 

2008

Last night he was meeting with Eun-hye. She’s right, he should move on and stop having a hope about meeting with his ex again. Well, actually what he mean by ex is his first love. He doesn’t know why but every time he date some girls, it won’t last long, never reach 3 months. It’s all because he was dreaming about his first love. A dream that rarely appear but when it’s appear, all he can feel is guilty towards that girl, his first love.

For him, Eun-hye is a very close dongsaeng who always been there for him. She’s a type who speak out what’s in her mind and her heart rather than keep it by herself. He know that she was having a huge crush on him. He did like her too, but not love, he just adore her.

Thinking about her words again, she has a point and that’s makes him decide to open his heart. They start going out together, spending time together, and all of that lead to her confession. He was such a bad person for letting a girl confess first, but he can’t do anything at that time but accept her feeling.

Everything went smooth between him and Eun-hye. But one thing that change, his best friend, Jang-hyuk. They used to hang out together pretty often, but suddenly he rarely appear and very hard to meet him.

Today Jong-kook planned to surprise Hyuk by coming to his big match. Of course he asked Tae-hyun and Eun-hye to come along, but Tae-hyun have a schedule so he will depart separately and maybe will be late. Jang-hyuk has a huge interest in UFC and that’s lead him to become a UFC fighter in between his schedule as an actor. He is doing pretty good because right now he is standing in semifinals.

Jong-kook and Eun-hye take a seat at the front so that they can watch and cheer on Hyuk loud and clear. The hall is getting noisy when Hyuk entered. He look so cool. Any woman could fall in love with him since he has handsome face, well-built body, good at fight, and he is an actor. Jong-kook and Eun-hye cheer on him loudly but seems like Hyuk hasn’t realize their presence yet. Maybe because he is too focused on the game. The game finally start. Lots of audience who cheer up on Hyuk, including Jong-kook and Eun-hye.

“HYUK OPPA FIGHTING!!!!” Eun-hye scream loudly and it works to makes Hyuk aware of her presence.

He took a glance at Eun-hye who smile widely cheering on him. But her hands….. her hands linked on Jong-kook’s arm. In a short time she whisper something to Jong-kook before lean her head comfortably at her boyfriend’s broad shoulder. He is suddenly become so blank and that’s the moment he felt a sting pain on his stomach. He got a hard hit from his opponent. Seems like his opponent hasn’t satisfied yet, so he take a moment where Hyuk stumble to the back to hit Hyuk’s head hard. Hard enough to make Hyuk being knocked out. He is now lying on the ring facing Eun-hye and Jong-kook. He can see the way they immediately stand up from their seat about to approach him but suddenly the world spinning around and everything turn into pitch black.

 

“Jong-kook ah! How’s Hyuk? What happen to him?” Tae-hyun just arrived at hospital where they run Hyuk to.

“We don’t know about his condition yet, doctor still check on him.” Jong-kook take a deep breath. “I don’t what’s got in his mind. He suddenly went blank while looking at my direction and of course his opponent take this chance to attack him.”

Tae-hyun feels weak and he take a seat right beside Jong-kook. “Where’s Eun-hye?”

“She just went to receive an important call. Wae?”

“I think I should tell you something about Hyuk, but we shouldn’t involve Eun-hye in this matter even though she is the main problem in here.”

Jong-kook’s eyes widened. “What are you talking about? What is wrong with her?”

Tae-hyun exhaled deeply, still considering whether he told him or not. But yes, he already made up his mind. “Actually…….. Hyuk have a feeling for Eun-hye. A strong and deep feeling for her. He has been loving her before she met you. What makes him hurt, he is the one that introduce her to you but she simply falling in love with you. She keep told Hyuk about how much she like you and won’t stop to run after you even though you didn’t give her any positive feedback. So….. one day Hyuk suggest her to confess to you and she did it.”

“W….why?” Jong-kook in the state of speechless. “Why he didn’t…… didn’t just tell her instead?”

“Because she was so happy and her eyes full of spark when she is with you. That’s why he rather let her go to your side and seeing her happy face was enough for him.”

From the moment Tae-hyun arrived, actually Eun-hye is nearby. The phone call with director isn’t as long as she predict since she wonder that the director will ask her so many thing. When she was about to come back, she overheard conversation between Jong-kook and Tae-hyun. At first, she want to join them, but when Tae-hyun said that to not involve her in this matter, she choose to hear from her place.

Really, she never expect Jang-hyuk would have that kind of feeling to her. It’s true that he always be there for her and whenever she feel sad, she come to him too seek for comfort, mostly when it’s related to Jong-kook. She never feel like Jang-hyuk have that special feeling for her. Or she’s too stupid to realize it because her eyes only pointed on one man.

When Jong-kook and Eun-hye still lost in their own mind, a doctor who check on Jang-hyuk come out. Jong-kook’s attention then comes to that doctor. “How is he, doc? He’s gonna be okay, right?”

“We need to perform surgery on him as soon as possible, he has epidural hematoma, it’s a type of traumatic brain injury.”

“Why?? He was unconscious for 5 minutes but he wake up in ambulance. He was talking to me like nothing’s happen and acts normal too. He even told paramedic team to come back since he didn’t feel any pain, but medic team insist to bring him to hospital.”

“And not long after he gain his conscious, he fall asleep?” Asked the doctor.

“N…ne, he said that he was really tired and sleepy.”

“That’s how epidural hematoma works. He doesn’t feel any kind of pain in his body after receive that hit, we call it lucid interval. But once he close his eyes, he won’t open his eyes ever again. That’s the worst case when we late to perform surgery….”

Tae-hyun can see Jong-kok’s body start shaking and he choose to ask this scary question. “D…do you mean he will dead?” Tae-hyun asked carefully.

“For Jang-hyuk ssi’s case, I can see the buildup of blood isn’t that wide. There’s a chance we can save him.”

“Thank you so much doc. I will sign the paper and please save him….”

“I will try my best.” The doctor g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter