First Promise

on hold

It was the year end show. The time of the year that Sunggyu loved so much, simply because he could sing the remix version of their songs. Sunggyu loved it when Woohyun would do those excessive adlibs on stage. It was even more special this year, Hoya could finally dance again after half a year of resting. Sure, Sunggyu did warned him not to overdo it but just like Woohyun, Sunggyu knew he was better of talking to the wall. Not that he blamed him, he knew how much the younger wanted to dance again. He was simply happy.

“Hyung…” Oh, but there was someone who was not happy. Sunggyu peeked open one eye, knowing exactly what the visual wanted. Myungsoo was kneeling next to the couch he was laying on, a pout hanging on his lips.

“It’s just an interview, Myungsoo-ah.” Sunggyu closed his eyes again, assuming that the case was closed. Myungsoo rarely threw tantrum like this but he guessed there was a first for everything. That or Myungsoo had been friend with Sungyeol far too long.

“With them! They hate me, hyung.” Myungsoo had resorted to stomping his feet now, interrupting Sunggyu’s well-deserved sleep.

“Just bear with it, Myungsoo-ah. You’re the sunbae, be a little mature, okay?”

Sunggyu rubbed his face harshly, trying to wipe away that memory. He knew, that was when the problem actually started. Perhaps if he had paid more attention to Myungsoo, the problem won’t escalated this far.

“Go take a bath. What were you doing in the rain anyway?” Sunggyu caught the towel Junhyung thrown at him easily, a fake smile on his face.

“Waiting for oppa to pick me up…” Sunggyu that was making kissy face at Junhyung ran away just before the later tried to kick him.

Junhyung had ordered chicken while waiting for Sunggyu to take a bath, knowing exactly what he liked. But Sunggyu simply played with the chicken and draining Junhyung’s alcohol collection.

“You are going to have a bad hangover tomorrow if you just drink without eating anything.” Junhyung warned with a frown.

“Oppa will take care of me.” Sunggyu winked disgustingly making Junhyung threw the chopstick at him.

“I won’t be here for couple of days, I have a schedule oversea. You can stay here.” Sunggyu just nodded, his eyes on the chicken neck.

“If you need anything, you can call my manager. I asked him to look after you while I’m not here.”

“Yes, omma.” Junhyung flicked his forehead, annoyed at Sunggyu’s non-reaction.

“Pay attention when I’m talking.”

“It’s too late to pay attention now.” Sunggyu mumbled to himself but Junhyung heard him.

“Kim Sunggyu, are you okay?”

“No, I’m not.” That was all he needed to pull Sunggyu into his arms. Yong Junhyung didn’t need to ask anything else, Sunggyu was not okay, and that was all that mattered. Sunggyu didn’t pushed him away, he just laid there in Junhyung’s arms, tears that he had been holding back all these times finally broke free.

Sunggyu finally fall asleep after almost ten minutes crying in Junhyung’s arms, his tears soaking Junhyung’s shirt. Junhyung laid him carefully on the bed, cringing at how light his friend was. The scandal had been taking toll on his body, Junhyung noticed with grimaced how thin Sunggyu was. He was about to leave the room when his phone vibrated, signalling a message. Junhyung read the sender name with a frown on his face, more annoyed than anything.

Junhyung hyung, please take care of him.

“You should have taken good care of your own leader back then.” Junhyung turned to look at Sunggyu one more time, making a promise to himself.

“I will put you back on stage, Kim Sunggyu. Even if I had to steal that stage from Infinite.”


I said I would update sooner but it’s been a month. Sorry about that. Life happened but I’m back with a clearer idea of the plot. Some of you might noticed the reference I made, yeah I got inspiration from actual event and exaggerated them a lot. Hehehehe… Comments are highly encouraged and appreciated. Annyeong~