3rd

Give Me More Time

Every day it’s feel like Bomi coming to school with only her body. But her mind and soul left nowhere to be founded. Suzy always tried to cheer Bomi by making her laugh and stuff but Bomi would rather just smile. Suzy never gives up as she knows that Bomi is still a strong and cheerful one deep inside her. Suzy won’t blame her on this matter but there’s once Suzy gets mad at her because she’s just showed that she being weak just because of love. Just because of a man that doesn’t deserve her at all. Luckily, Suzy felt relieved that Jungkook still there for her whenever Suzy had a hard time to entertained Bomi. Suzy believed although Jungkook is younger than them, he could be the best and a great man for Bomi.

" Did you hear it ? ". A girl said to her friends.” Yes of course! You think who is the one that asks for it in the first place ? “. Another girl replied. “ I think she started it first. Like seriously, I’ve been thinking why would a prince want to be in a relationship with the ugly princess? “. Another girl replied to her friends with a sarcastic tone. “ Princess? Am I deaf? Eww. She doesn’t deserve to be called princess though. Even you put that ‘ugly’ “.A girl with long and wavy brown hair interrupted. All of the girls laugh as they look at a table where there is Bomi who was eating alone while waiting for Suzy. Bomi just ignored what people had talked about her. It has been a week and they still keep gossiping about this matter. Bomi doesn’t know what else to do other than just keep being quiet. All of the students tend to stare at Bomi whenever she passed by them. Once she bumped into Luhan, but he just acted like he’s not even involved in this situation. Well, people won’t look bad at him though. A famous kingkas of the school.But her? She is an outcast.

Bomi just about to take a sip of her coffee after she heard someone throw a bag on a table harshly. All eyes turned towards the sound and stop at a table which is filled with girls and most shockingly is, the one who throws the bag was Jeon Jungkook. He looked really pissed but laugh with his sarcastic voice.

”Don’t you guys have anything else to do other than gossiping here and there about people ? “. Jungkook crossed his arms and stare at those girls. But then his eyes stop at one of the girls which are known as the leader of the group, Yura. He takes a step closer towards Yura and lowers his body until there is only an inch between their face. Even though Yura looked away quickly but she could feel Jungkook’s breath and she is lying if she doesn’t get nervous when Jungkook gets this close to her. “ You? Ahh I know, you’ve been crushing over Luhan for years but you didn’t get any chance to make him yours. Instead, a girl that you claimed as your enemy manages to own him first than you. Isn’t it? Be matured, Yura. I know you’re clever but just please act your age, sweetie. Once you hurt her, just keep it in your mind that you will be deal with the wrong person. I warned you “.Jungkook just grins and then he takes his bag back.

Jungkook gives Yura a small smile before he makes his way towards Bomi which has been frozen in her seat. Jungkook just smiles and quickly takes a seat in front of Bomi. He waved his hands to get Bomi back into her sense.“ I know I’m too cool but you don’t have to stare at me like you gonna eat me wholefully, Noona “. Bomi just at a loss. She had no idea what had gotten into Jungkook. He would always be there for her. Without realizing it, Bomi shed a tear but then she quickly wipes it with her palm.” Thank you, Jungkook-ah.. “.

She tried to hold her tears. Jungkook forms a smile on his lips then patted Bomi's left hand. " No need to thanks me, noona. I'll always be there for you if you need me. I'll always protect you as long as I'm alive and as long as you keep this name, Jeon Jungkook in your mind and heart always ". Bomi speechless at that time. She felt really thankful that she still have Suzy and Jungkook by her side. If not she might have been falling without having the courage to get up on her feet back.

Bomi was on her way home. She decided to go back home alone today because she needs time to be alone. Although Suzy has persuaded Bomi to just go back with her, she refused. Bomi decided to visit her father’s and sister’s graves before going back home. She walks towards the bus station and gets on the bus as soon as the bus arrived. She sits at the back as usual and plugged in her earphones. She played the song “It rained all day”.A song that she sings with Namjoo, her one and only sibling that she has after her eldest sister, Chorong had passed away due to a car accident. It was a song that is written and composed by Chorong herself and they dedicated that song to Chorong. She closed her eyes and hold her tears back. She mesmerized the moment she found this song with namjoo.

[ Flashback ]

Unnie! “ Namjoo jumped around in excitement while holding a piece of an envelope and tried to wake up Bomi. “ Go away namjoo, It was still early and I’m not done my dream with my prince yet “. Namjoo just makes a what-is-this-unnie look. “ Early your ! It was 12 pm already. Just please wake up, can you! Look what I found here! “.Bomi quickly wake up and knock her sister's head while making an annoying face. “ Who taught you to scream and talk to your unnie in that tone? Naeun? Hayoung? Geez. What is it? “. Namjoo just chuckles and then opens up the envelope excitedly. It was a music paper that was written by Chorong. There is not only a piece of music paper but there was a letter from Chorong. After Bomi look at the letter, she asked namjoo to read it out. Namjoo comforts herself before she started reading the letter.

Dear my little sweetie Bomi and Namjoo,

I missed you guys so much. How are you in Korea? Everything alright? What about mom? Is she fine? You take good care of her right?. I’m sorry that I couldn’t be there to take care of you guys but I promise I’ll study well here and quickly graduate and we’ll be live as a family again. Wait patiently, okay?

Anyway, Tell mom no need to transfer money here because I’ve found a job. The salary is enough for me though. Haha. You two want to know why? Because you guys aren’t here to ask for money, food, and everything. Hahaha. Okay, I’m sorry.

By the way, Did you two already looked at the music notes that I give? I get inspiration when I come back late from university. Ugh. It was raining so hard and I thought I could write something for you two and there is it. “ It rained all day “. I hope you two can sing it and hear the song every day.

That song reminds me of dad, is he doing well? I hope he is. He need someone to accompany him and who knows I’ll meet him soon right? Anyway, I’ve left you guys with that song. You can remember me through the song. Heheehe. Okay, again I’m talking nonsense. So, please sing it well and give me the song when it has done. I want to listen to it.

That’s all from me. Take care of yourself and take care of our Mom properly okay? Don’t leave her alone. I love you guys so much much much! <3

Love,
Chorong.


Bomi and Namjoo both hold their sadness deep inside. Their father leaves them and their elder sister is far away from them to continue her study. At that time, Bomi somehow felt uneasy got all this song and letter. It felt like it was Chorong’s last wishes but she tried to put all her feeling away. She’s just hoping that there is nothing bad will happened to her family. Bomi and Namjoo take a week time to get the song done. Although within a week they sometimes had a hard time because of different opinions on how to sing, how to divide the part, they manage to make it done perfectly and they satisfied with the result. It was not the first time they sing the song that is written by Chorong but they really put a lot of effort into giving out their best to publish the song. They didn’t sing to gain popularity but singing is was just their hobby and they keep all their song only to be listened to by their family or people who are close to them.

It was a bright Sunday morning and Mrs. Yoon felt really happy as they will post the song to Chorong. Mrs. Yoon really proud of their daughter, all of them can sing and Mrs. Yoon won’t stop them if they decided to go into singing as their career. Namjoo really excited and she wants to post it to Chorong as soon as possible. They packed the mp3 walkman nicely in a love box full of paper that has been cut into pieces. They put along with chocolate and a piece of a letter and hope that the box will arrive safely to Chorong. Bomi volunteered to send the box to the post office.
“ Dear angel, please make sure that this box will safely arrive at Chorong unnie and hopefully she will e happy if she gets this”. Namjoo wishes before Bomi goes out of the house. Both Bomi and Mrs. Yoon smile upon seeing Namjoo’s cuteness.

Bomi walks along the street with a smile on her face. She is listening to the song and sing along. When she arrived in front of the post office, she takes a deep breath. Bomi is just about to open the door of the post office until she received a call from an unknown number. Bomi felt something wrong at that time but she tried to calm herself down and take a deep breath again before manage to pick up the phone call.

” H-hello ?”. Bomi stuttered a bit as she felt nervous all of sudden. She could hear a crowded voice on the phone and her heart beat faster than usual. Finally, there is a voice “ Hello Miss, Is this Yoon Chorong’s family? ‘’. Bomi touches her chest and slowly replies. “ Yes I’m her sister. Is there anything that happened with Chorong? “. Bomi tried to sound as calm as possible. “ Firstly, We would like to apologize for what you might hear. But I hope you will accept this willingly “ . The man on the phone said and make Bomi's heart beat faster.” Miss Chorong. She had passed away this morning because of a car accident. The other passenger in that car is in critical condition but we’re really sorry to inform you that Miss Chorong passed away before we could bring them to the hospital. We hope all of your family be strong and we’ll try our best to send her home by tomorrow to give her a last goodbye. We’re sorry “.


Bomi felt like the world had stopped for a while. She couldn’t felt anything and fall to the ground. Luckily there is a woman who manages to catch her. “ Are you okay? Miss? “ The woman shakes Bomi’s body to make sure that she’s fine. Bomi doesn’t give any response instead she just stares at the woman blankly. Everything seems like a dream. Bomi doesn’t have the courage to tell her mom and Namjoo. She isn’t strong enough to tell them. They lost their father because of a car accident, and again they lost their eldest sister because of an accident too. One thing, Chorong didn’t get a chance to listen to her song. A song that she left as a present for her family.

[ End of flashback ]

After 20 minutes of bus riding, Bomi had arrived at the graveyard. She put 2 bouquets of flowers on her father’s grave and her sister’s. Bomi then sits on her knees. She takes a deep breath before she smiles towards both graves and felt like both of them already welcoming her with pleasure.

“ Appa.. unnie .. How are you two there? Did you guys fine ? Are you happy? “. It does felt like they replied to her question. Bomi shut her eyes for a while and still remain smiling before she touches her father’s grave.
“ Appa, I missed you so much. Do you miss me? I’m sorry because I cried so much when I heard you are going to rest here. But now, I’m not crying anymore, I’m not the crybaby that I used to be. I understand your appa. Rest well appa, I’ll follow you when I’m done with all my duty here. You left us earlier than chorong unnie. When you left us, Chorong unnie take really good care of us. But..after she left us, I tried my best to replace her by taking good care of omma and namjoo. Anyway appa. I know it was just only 3 years you got to meet namjoo. She doesn’t know anything yet at that time. Anyway, She’s fine appa. You know what? She resembles you a lot. She has your smile, she has your face appa. It feels like you’re here whenever I look at her. She talked too much and babbling too much. It’s hard appa... it’s hard to be the leader of the family... Omma.. she’s sick right now.. I’ll take good care of both of them appa... I promise... “ Bomi looked down and couldn’t hold her tears.

She let out everything and then continued with Chorong’s grave. “ unnie... Did you take good care of appa? Anyway unnie, your song is just wonderful. I heard it always unnie. I felt like you’re here too whenever I listened to the song. Unnie, I’m not strong ... I’m hurt unnie... I wish you were here to accompany me...I don’t know. I wish I had your confidence unnie. I wish I could be as strong as you. I’m stuck unnie. I’m so stupid. I love him unnie and I still do love him until now. What should I do unnie?. I should have listened to Suzy, but ... nevermind unnie. From now on, I’ll try to not fall in love easily. I promise unnie.. “

Bomi touches both of the graves and promises that she will be strong from now on. She then walks away with a new side of her. A new Bomi that will be strong and take good care of her family and people that she loves.