005

Life saver

Joora hazily opened her eyes. Although the brightness of the room blinded her eyes, she tried her best to examine her surroundings.  "...Why is my living room so huge?...Wait...This isn't my sofa(couch)...Wh- where am I?" she asked herself.

     As she stared at the chandelier hanging from the ceiling, an unfamiliar, upside down head popped up above her. The head rotated till Joora could see the rest of it's body standing beside her as she continued to lay down. 

     "Oh- you're awake?" The tanned young man said, with both eyebrows raised in surprise. Joora suddenly got up and shuffled back to the end of the sofa(couch).  
     "Who are you?" She asked. Although, he did look awfully familiar. 
     "My name's Kim Jongin," he answered. "You know, you looked so pretty whilst you were sleeping - I endured so much to not touch you..." he continued. Joora immediately tried to cover herself as much as she could. "Hmmmm... The kid has never brought a girl home before... In Fact, I don't think he's brought anyone home ever since we moved to this area...well, at least I know he's got good taste in girls~," he said cutely, with his thumb and index finger cupping his chin. "Where even is that Seh-" Jongin said but was interrupted before he could finish his question. 
     "How did I get here?" Joora asked.
     "I don't know, I just came home-" Jongin was once again interrupted.
     "What did you do to me?"
     "I don't kno- I didn't- I- you- I came home and you were just lying on my Sofa(couch),"
     "Where is this place?"
     "Look, I don't know why you're here either... My roommate must've taken you home from the club, yesterday night - which is the most obvious speculation... if you really want to leave, the door is right there... And, our house is not that far away from the club you were probably at yesterday - you're still in Seoul," Jongin stated, as he indicated the direction of the 'house's' door whilst rubbing his forehead with his hand. 
     "Club?!" Joora thought to herself, dumbfounded. She didn't recall going to a club or even any of the events that took place last night. And, she certainly knew that she wasn't the type to go to clubs. 
     Joora got up from the sofa(couch) and saw that her black high-heels were neatly lined up next to the seating - with her hand bag standing next to them. She wore her foot wear and picked up her bag. "You're really going? Too bad... He must've been keeping you for later or something...like a spider storing their prey on it's web," Jongin smirked.
     After walking out of the stranger's 'house', Joora turned around to close the door. Letting go of the handle, she heard the door lock automatically. Click! "Huh?" She thought to herself. The black haired girl looked from side to side and found herself standing in the middle of a hallway. "THAT WAS JUST AN APARTMENT? WHAT? That living room was probably the same size as my house all together! I thought I was in a mansion!" She thought to herself, with eyes wide open. "Wow... I almost forgot that there's still filthy rich people living amongst us...lucky," Joora continued to think. 
     She turned to the right and decided to follow the patterned carpet. Joora quickly found her way and ended up at the end of the hallway where there were several elevators. She walked towards the closest one and pressed the button that was the shape of an arrow head facing down. 
     The elevator door opened on the ground floor. Joora walked out with her eyes wide open; due to astonishment. She saw how fancy everything looked - as if it were a really high starred hotel. Thoughts of embarrassment came to her head due to the really short dress she was wearing - especially since it was morning. But, she decided to not care about it because these people are in a complete different class to her so she'd never see any of them ever again anyway. As she was heading towards the entrance, she saw someone staring and walking in her direction. "Sehun!?," she thought to herself. "Why does he look so confused?," 
     Sehun, who was holding a white plastic bag, continued to look at her. The two eventually walked past each other; what looked like a few seconds felt like a year. The young man turned his head slightly to look back at Joora. He then turned back to the way he was walking and combed through his blonde hair with his long defined fingers.
     Sehun swiped his card and opened his apartment's door. He walked into the kitchen and placed the plastic bag on the countertop and sighed. "I didn't even get a thank you...silly girl," he thought to himself. 
     "Sehun-ie, you're here," Jongin said, as he walked out of the bathroom(washroom/restroom) with a towel on his head. "I'm sorry... Your visitor left," he admitted.
     "What visitor?," the blonde male asked with a straight face, pretending to not know. 
     "You know, the pretty girl," Jongin tried again. 
    "Girl? Pretty?," Sehun continued. (A/N: this sassy little rascal XD)
     The tanned friend became terribly confused. "Then who's that bag for?," he asked, walking over to the kitchen. 
     "Uh... For you of course," Sehun quickly answered. 
     Jongin inspected the plastic bag. "Dude! Why are there condoms in here!?," He exclaimed, looking into the bag. 
     "What? I didn't- How did that even get in there? I've never eve- Why would I even-," Sehun tried to explain, in surprise. 
     "HA! So you admit that you brought the girl here," Jongin said, pointing at Sehun. 
     "What, I didn't say-," the blonde boy tried defending. Jongin played a huge grin on his face as he slowly advanced towards Sehun's face. "Look, I basically saved her life and brought her here because I didn't know where she lived," Sehun explained. 
     "Saved her life? I feel like your over exaggerating there, Sehun," Jongin teased. "By the way, I lied...There's no condoms in the bag," Jongin squeezed in, as he took some bread out and began eating it.
     Joora gazed out of the window and saw the different buildings. She was able to catch on a taxi. As she looked outside, she fell into her own thoughts. "Why did Sehun look so confused? Wait a minute... DOES HE LIVE IN THAT BUILDING!? He's good looking and rich, yet, he has an attitude of a three-year-old...did he look confused because I was in that building? This jerk... He definitely thinks he's better than everyone! He was probably thinking that I can't afford to live there! Well... Obviously I can't, but still...," she raged to herself. "Wait... If he's rich enough to live there, why does he go to my school? Wouldn't he have gone to a really expensive, private school or something?" Joora asked herself. 
     Joora took her phone out to check the time but found out that it no longer had any battery left. The black haired girl gradually became thirsty. She asked the driver if she could change the destination and he kindly agreed. 
     She thanked and paid the taxi driver and got out of the car. Greeting the shop owner as usual, Joora walked into the convenience store that was close to her house. "Sir! Please get up!" An old lady's voice spoke, from the back of the store. Was that the the owner's wife? Joora felt that it wasn't any of her business and decided to ignore it. She walked through an isle and saw that packets of crisp(chip bags) had been thrown onto the floor. Balancing on her high-heels, she dodged all of the bags. She turned to the right and saw a few people crowding near the cold drinks. A few bottles were spilt onto the floor. Just wanting some water, she walked closer to the scene but tried her best to not negotiate. 
     Joora took a water bottle from the cooled shelf. She turned to go to the cash register(pay till). But, as she turned, she got a glimpse of the person sitting on the floor near her. He indeed looked familiar. "Red hair..." She thought to herself trying to recall the person's name. "Oh- B...Baekhyun?" Joora said out loud, without realising. 
     The aforementioned twisted his neck to look at her. Baekhyun slowly got up - making the crowd's mumbles louder. He slowly approached Joora and when he was centimetres from her, he smiled. The red haired boy wrapped his hand around the black haired girl's hand which wasn't holding the water bottle. Suddenly, Baekhyun began jogging towards the shop's(store's) exit - pulling Joora along with him. "Young man! Come back and clean up your mess!" The shop keeper's wife called out. As the two sped past, Baekhyun pulled out a pay check from his pocket and placed it on the cash register(till). 
     Just after they exited the store, Joora stopped and began to resist. "Hey! Baekhyun, I haven't paid for this drink yet!" Joora reasoned out, as she began to pull back to the direction of the store's door. 
     "Don't worry about that," Baekhyun assured with a warming smile. He carefully let go of her hand.
     "But-," Joora tried, however was startled by a loud shout from inside the convenience store.
     "₩1,000,000?!" The shop keeper exclaimed, making it loud enough for Joora and Baekhyun to hear outside. "Hunny! Who left this check here?!" 
     "Let's go," The red haired boy suggested as he began to walk away. Joora followed him.
     Joora and Baekhyun looked down onto the clear, morning traffic as they leant onto the bridge's railing. "Do you live near here?" Joora asked. She took a drink from her water bottle. 
     "Nope," he replied straight away - still observing the view. "I live in Seoul but not in this area," He added. 
     "Then what are you doing here?" Joora questioned. Baekhyun turned around and leant his back on the railing - resting his elbows on top of it. 
     "Have you ever had that feeling when you've been doing something for so long that you just think: 'this isn't it' or 'what am I even doing?'...but you're not allowed to stop doing it and all you can do is to try your best to avoid it?" Baekhyun asked, facing the sky but faced Joora when he finished speaking.
     Joora felt surprised - she didn't know what to do in this kind of situation. Panic exploded on her face as she tried to think of a reply.
     Baekhyun chuckled and messed with Joora's hair. 
     She quickly tried to pat his hand away. 
     Baekhyun looked into Joora's eyes and smiled. He then looked away again and said: "But just remember this, I'm the biggest liar you'll ever meet... So please don't believe everything I say and do."
     Continuing to look at the view from the bridge, a strong wind suddenly blew. "It's quite chilly today," Joora thought to herself as she began rubbing her arms without realising. Suddenly, she felt a huge amount of warmth fall on her shoulders. Baekhyun had taken off his blue and white sukajan jacket and placed it around Joora. Her eyes widened due to the sudden action.
     "Wear it," Baekhyun demanded. The cold female obeyed. "By the way, why are you wearing that dress?...Don't you think it's too much for just a small convenience store?" He asked curiously. 
     "Don't worry about it," Joora answered. 
     They both stared out into the open a little bit longer until Baekhyun said: "Let's go," and began walking. Joora turned to his direction and tried to jog to him.
     "Go where?" She questioned. 
     "I don't know...You live around here; show me around," Baekhyun said, smiling. 
     Joora raised an eye brow at him.
     The two were walking down the steps at the end Of the bridge. Suddenly, Joora failed to land her left foot properly and fell towards Baekhyun. He caught her with both arms. The fallen looked left to thank him but he was staring right into her eyes with worry. "Are you okay?" He asked, cautiously. 
     "Yeah...," Joora replied. Still holding onto Joora, Baekhyun looked for a nearby bench - there wasn't any. "I'm fine," Joora said, attempting to push herself away from Baekhyun. But, he slowly placed her down to sit on the step. He walked a few steps down, turned around and squatted. The red haired boy placed a hand on her left foot to take her high-heels off. 
     "I'm fine," Joora stated.
     Baekhyun ignored the comment and slipped her shoe off and placed it on the step. Red areas glowed around her foot. 
     "It's nothing..." She said, becoming quieter. 
     With one hand around Joora's foot mounds and the other on the back of her heel, Baekhyun squeezed a little. The sitting girl responded with a slight flinch. Baekhyun saw and immediately took her other shoe off and handed them both to Joora. 
     "I'm fine...really," she tried. 
     He turned around and went more directly in front of her. "Get on," he instructed, gesturing her to get on his back. 
     "But- my dress," Joora reasoned.
     "Just wear my jacket around your waist - I'll keep you warm," Baekhyun said with a smirk.
     After Joora had tied the Jacket around her, she continued to reason out: "you really don't have to do this." 
     "Just get on," Baekhyun demanded once again. 
     "Don't look," Joora requested, before getting on his back. 
     "I won't," he assured. 
     Once Joora was in position, Baekhyun slowly lifted her up. His blood rushed to his face - making him as red as his hair. "Thank God she can't see my face," He thought to himself. Joora felt Baekhyun's body heat. Although he was just a new friend, Joora felt very close to Baekhyun already. As she snuggled more into Baekhyun's back, the warm sun began to shine.

(Joora~}
(Hey!}
(Are you awake yet?~}
(Oi lazy poo}
(hey!~}

(I'm coming over.}

     Chanyeol sportively strolled along the streets. With his hair tucked into his cap, he brightly smiled. Woof! The tall male somewhat bowed to the owner of the tiny dog as he walked by. Swinging his arms, Chanyeol continued to stroll through the bright streets. Finally, he reached the last right turn to Joora's house. Chanyeol tried to tone down his excitement. But just as he turned, the beaming individual's shoulders dropped. His pace slowed down. Pulling down his hat to cover his face, Chanyeol turned back to where he came from.
     "Red hair..." "No way" Chanyeol thought to himself.
     With Joora's directions, they managed to reach her house. Baekhyun let her down infront of her house's gate. She put her heels on for the time being. Walking towards the front door, she searched her handbag for the keys. Joora unlocked the door and invited Baekhyun inside. He kept on eyeing his surroundings weirdly but Joora just ignored it. They both took their shoes off and walked into the living room. But suddenly...
     "JOORA!? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR PHONE?!" Hyoyeon shouted with a worried tone as she came running down the stairs.
     "It ran out of battery," Joora calmly replied.
     "I WAS SO WORRIE- who's that?" Hyoyeon asked, stopping mid-sentence once she reached the living room.
     "A friend," Joora answered.
     Immediately Hyoyeon switched into detective mode. "Did you stay at his house last night?" She investigated with a wide smirk.
     "No, I stayed at a hotel," Joora immediately replied. Hyoyeon raised an eyebrow and Baekhyun showcased an embarrassed, awkward smile upon his face. "ON MY OWN," Joora added, with the possibility of lying; she was still unfamiliar with what happened the night before. "I've just so happened to have met Baekhyun on the way home." Joora explained.
     "Ahh~ so you're name is Baekhyun, eh?" Hyoyeon recast, eyeing the young man; up and down. Baekhyun bowed. VHPP. VHPP. Baekhyun took his phone out of his jacket and checked it.
     "Uhh... I really must leave now..." Baekhyun requested. 
     "Oh really?... Okay then," Hyoyeon said.
     "Do you know how to go back?" Joora asked.
     "Mmm, yeah," Baekhyun replied.
     After saying their goodbyes, the door was shut and Baekhyun began to exit the gate. Taking a step past the fence, he put both hands in the air in surrender. He smirked. All at once, numbers of men(most in black suits) came towards Baekhyun and escorted him into a car with tinted windows.
     Joora placed her hand bag onto her bed, took her phone out and plugged the charger in.