002

Life saver

The sun played upon the busy town centre. Bright christmas lights filled the trees that were equally distributed on both sides of the pedestrian zone. Your classic Christmas songs, coming from different shops, could slightly be heard under the chattering of the crowd . People wrapped in warm bright clothing, joyously strolled past each other whilst holding various shopping bags. Children screaming in glee every time they walked passed the new toy lightsaber on display. "Ah yes, it's Christmas again," Chanyeol thought to himself standing by the giant Christmas tree in the city centre. Patiently, he looked at his watch. It was 12:45 pm. Chanyeol may have been an idiot, but he did have a short temper and could be set on fire very easily. "That numpty poo - or should I say numpty Joo - is late," The black haired boy sighed: which was then shortly followed by a small giggle and contented grin - due to his "punny" joke. (A/N: lol Chanyeol)

 

"She's 30 minutes late!" Chanyeol thought to himself. His cheeks puffed up and his lips formed into a pout. Despite the whispers from girls that were swooning over his looks nearby, the tall boy continued to look from left to right. Suddenly, he spotted her.  Joo Ra was wearing a grey sweatshirt with the word "girl" printed on it, black ripped jeans, black converses (A/N: she's obvs not Yoongi's type then XD), a small white shoulder bag and her haired flowed down as usual. Everyone in the city centre were all wearing bright clothes - as if it were a competition to stand out. But in Chanyeol's eyes, Joo Ra's plain casual clothes stood out and contrasted with the other shopper's try-hard outfits. She shone the most. Still having a pout on his lips, Chanyeol noticed that Joo Ra began to walk towards him. Joo Ra detected his facial expression and chuckled. The angry boy's pout faded after seeing her smile.

 

The duo began to walk past various shops. Joo Ra had agreed to Chanyeol's request to go out shopping to help him pick out a Christmas present for Seohyun. As they were walking, the girl of the pair, eyed a cute looking store on their right that they were currently walking past. Chanyeol, noticed her small head movements. "Do you wanna go in there?" He asked. 

"No I'm not into those kind of things..." Joo Ra answered. 

"Who said it was gonna be for you?" The black haired boy teased as he grabbed Joo Ra's wrist and quickly dragged her into the shop.

 

As Joo Ra stood by the Store's entrance, she examined the inside. The small shop had a baby pink wallpaper all around the room and a black and white checkered floor. Light yellow coloured shelves were lined up all along the walls and the same coloured tables were spaced out in the middle of the shop. Different cutely designed or decorated accessories like scarves, hats, bags and Jewelries were organised around the store. School equipment like pens, rubbers(erasers), notebooks and many more were also distributed around the room. "Hey, should I get these for Seohyun?" Chanyeol asked holding some pens as he stood on the left side of the shop. Joo Ra walked over to her friend and agreed but recommended to get some notebooks and other school equipment. She saw this particular notebook and handed it to Chanyeol. "Are you made of Copper and Tellurium? Because you are CUTE." He read, from the cover. "I don't get it," Chanyeol continued with a blank expression.

"Neither do I. But since there's a long word on there Seohyun will probably get it," Joo Ra suggested. Chanyeol gave two thumbs up whilst having a proud grin on his face.

 

They went to pay for Seohyun's present. As they were waiting for the cashier to cash everything out, Joo Ra noticed some cute hair pins that were by the cash register(cash till) and eyed one of them. "The receipt is in the bag. Thank you for shopping here and please come again!" The cashier exclaimed making both Joo Ra and Chanyeol jump. Chanyeol took the bag whilst thanking the cashier and the two began to walk out the store. Suddenly, as they were about to walk out of the shop, Chanyeol said that Joo Ra should go on ahead and wait outside of the store as he forgot something inside. Joo Ra nodded and patiently stood outside of the store.

 

As Joo Ra stood alone outside, on the right side of the store, she hummed along to the Christmas songs that could be heard. Out of the blue, she felt a slight tap on her right shoulder. Thinking it was Chanyeol, she turned her head but only to face two boys instead. "Hey! What's a hot chic like you doing, standing all alone?" One of them asked with a smirk as he slightly leaned in closer to Joo Ra's face. "Please leave me alone," The girl asked politely as possible. "Oooo, feisty!" the other guy said leaning his arm onto his friend's shoulder. "Why don't you hang out with us two for the rest of the day?" He continued. Joo Ra felt disgusted. She wanted to shout at them to go away but she realised that both of them had lightsabers (probably still training sabers) and she wasn't in the mood to fight right now, especially in a crowded city centre where everyone can see. So in return to their request, she just sent them a frown. The boy that was leaning forward the most, grabbed Joo Ra's right wrist, and pulled it towards him a bit. She tried her hardest to pull away, but his firm arm wouldn't nudge. She was almost about to scream. But suddenly, Joo Ra felt an arm gently hook around her shoulder. 

 

Turning her head, she saw the boy who had just put his arm around her. He was facing another direction. His bright red hair shone like the Christmas lights on the trees. "This young lady won't be coming with neither of you..." The red haired boy spoke as he turned his neck to face Joo Ra and smiled like he was reassuring that everything will be okay and that he wasn't an enemy. "...because she's with me." He continued, now facing the other two boys. Suddenly, the one leaning on the other, began to tap his friend's back ferociously. "It's him!" He whispered panicky. 

"Just because he has red hair, doesn't mean it's hi-," the other boy mocked but was interrupted by his friend.

"Look at the bottom of his pinky on the back of his right hand," He said still trying to keep a low tone. "It's a B!" He continued. The other boy gasped and began to stutter backwards on his feet. "W- w- we are v- very sorry!" He said quietly. They both bowed simultaneously and turned around. 

 

Still confused on what just happened, Joo Ra watched the two boys speed walk away. She heard the red haired boy sigh. She almost forgot that he still had his arm around her and it seemed as if he had forgotten too (A/N: lol). The two stared at each other for a good awkward 15 seconds until the stranger, as quick as a cheetah,  took his arm of off Joo Ra's shoulders and bowed 90 degrees towards her. "I'm very very very very very sorry for intruding your personal space," he spoke. Joo Ra looked at the young man and realised that he looked awfully familiar. "It's okay, you got them horrid boys to scatter off... Thank you," Joo Ra replied. 

"No problem" the red haired boy said. "Anyways, I must go now," he continued.

 "Oh, okay," Joo Ra said slightly bowing. "By the way, what is your name?" She asked. The red haired boy smiled. 

"Byun, Byun Baekhyun," he answered. Suddenly, Joo Ra heard the bell of the cute store ring, indicating that someone has opened the door. She turned her neck toward the sound to see Chanyeol coming out. She then turned around again to face Baekhyun but he was no longer standing there.

 

"Yo~ Yo~ what's up?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Oh, nothing," Joo Ra answered with a smile.

 

The two friends spent the rest of the day going in and out of shops. They cracked many lame jokes and messed around a lot. 

 

It was already 5:35 pm. Joo Ra and Chanyeol walked through the streets that were still crowded. "So...where do you wanna go now?" Chanyeol asked.

"Hmmm, I woul-" Joo Ra said but was interrupted by a loud grumbling sound. She blushed from embarrassment. Chanyeol grinned and took advantage of the situation. "Aww, is someone hungry? Would you like to go and eat somewhere? Chanyeol teased. "Aww, I think my baby Joo Joo is a little bit hungr-" Chanyeol was interrupted by an even louder grumbling noise. But, this time it wasn't from Joo Ra's belly. (A/N: lol Chanyeol, Please. XD) The two friends giggled.

 

Joo Ra sat opposite to Chanyeol in the 떡볶이 (tteokbokki) restaurant. They got one serving each and were digging away. After Chanyeol stuffed the last delicious spicy rice cake in his mouth he spoke up. "Hey you've got something on your face," Chanyeol told. Joo Ra immediately began to wipe around with the area around the back of her right thumb. "It's not there," The black haired boy giggled. "Where is it, then? What is it?" The girl questioned with panick. Chanyeol leaned in towards the table. Joo Ra felt quite a sharp feeling on her right forehead which then lead to the right side of her head. "It was your hair," Chanyeol replied. Joo Ra felt quite confused at first until the other brought his phone out with the self camera on screen. With wide eyes, she looked at his phone and saw that Chanyeol  had pinned (clipped) her fringe to the right. The pin had a silver bow with little diamonds on it. "Hey, isn't this..." Joo Ra started. 

"...The hair pin from that cute store?" Chanyeol asked with his classic ear to ear grin. "How did you know I wanted this one?" Joo Ra asked. 

"I saw you looking at it whilst we were paying for Seohyun's present," He replied. "I notice everything, you know," Chanyeol continued emphasising on 'everything'. Joo Ra playfully punched her best friend.

It was the last day at school till the winter holidays and the three friends: Seohyun, Chanyeol and Joo Ra, were in the school presidents office and exchanging Christmas presents. Chanyeol began to play some songs on his new guitar which he had just unwrapped. It was a christmas present from Joo Ra. Despite having loads of guitars at home, he still treasured it. Joo Ra received special gloves that grip tightly onto your lightsaber (for a firmer attack) from Seohyun and a teddy bear that says "Joo Joo, is the best!" In Chanyeol's voice when you hug it, from Chanyeol. Suddenly, they heard a loud laugh coming from Seohyun. She was holding the notebook Chanyeol had bought her at the cute store. Both Joo Ra and Chanyeol looked at each other in confusion as they still didn't get the joke written on the note book.


Hello everyone! :)

this was just like a filler...I hope you liked it? :D 

i was also able to add another character tho ;)

 

If there is anything you didn't understand please feel free to write it in the comments, Thank you ^.^