Four

I Adore U

">

It was time for gym and the class headed outside to the soccer field where Nari stood with her arms crossed over her chest. Dino stood beside her as he chatted on and on about how he had met The8 back in elementary school and how he was one of the best dancers he had ever seen.

“He is a b-boy and he was super popular in school. All the girls had a crush on him.” Dino chuckled and let out an exasperated sigh. “So are you going to join the dance club?” He asked and Nari just shrugged her shoulders.

“Are you?” Nari looked to Dino and nodded his head. “Can you dance?” She asked and Dino nervously rubbed the back of his head which made some of his hair stick up at an angle.

“A little bit. I think the club could really help me be a better dancer.” Dino chuckled while shyly looking to the ground. Nari reached out and flattened the hair on his head.

“You looked like a surprised chicken.” Nari gave as an explanation as to her suddenly touching him. Dino just laughed and playfully shoved her. They both got scolded by the teacher and they quickly quieted down so as to not get in trouble again. The teacher separated the class into two teams and he purposefully made Nari and Dino on opposite teams.

“Thanks for the note.” Someone said over Nari’s shoulder. She flinched as she was startled and looked over to see Vernon casually standing beside her with a smile on his face.

“Oh? You’re actually awake?” Nari snapped and then walked away from him but Vernon just followed her.

“You know me, I love participating in class.” Vernon followed her all the way across the field as the rest of their team set up for the soccer game. A group of four girls walked by and one purposefully bumped into Nari who glared at her as if she were in the way. “Friends?” Vernon asked and Nari just rolled her eyes as the game started. For the whole game Nari and Dino hung around each other, occasionally chasing the ball or taking a shot on net but neither of them were truly good at the game and would often miss the net or miss the ball entirely. Vernon on the other hand stood by the other teams net and just waited for his team to pass it to him. Every time he touched the ball he would score which infuriated Seungkwan to no-end. Fifty minutes later the teacher blew the whistle and said class was over and for everyone to head inside to get changed. Nari and Dino bolted off of the field together in a burst of laughter as they raced each other to see who could get changed the fastest.

“Did anyone return the soccer balls to the gymnasium?” Seungkwan asked when the majority of the students were back in the class. Everyone looked at each other and they figured that no one had done it. “Can someone please go get it? I have to do roll call again.” Seungkwan held up the class list with everyone’s name on it. The class became eerily quiet as Nari looked to Dino and then to Vernon who was just staring straight at Seungkwan with a smug expression on his face.

“Lee Nari wants to do it!” A girl called out. Nari looked over and noticed that it was the girl who bumped into her on the field.

“Thank you so much Nari.” Swungkwan said and then began calling out the names in order. Nari sighed and left the class room to go and get the soccer balls so they wouldn’t get in trouble. The next lesson was math which was Nari’s favourite so she ran through the hallways and out onto the field so she wouldn’t miss anything.

A boy looked out his classroom window and was resting his head in his hand. He was bored with class and decided to look out at the sky when he noticed someone running out to the soccer field. When he saw her he smirked and watched her struggle to drag the mesh net full of soccer balls back inside.

“Pretty.” He muttered under his breath. When he realized what he said he cleared his throat in case anyone over heard him. He then forced himself to look away from the window and focus on the class going on. It was then that he realized that he hadn’t even opened his notebook yet and he figured he must have looked like a giant idiot. The boy quickly opened his note book and and began trying to scribble down whatever was on the board. Out of curiousity he looked back out the window to see if the girl was still there but when he noticed that she was gone he slowly let go of his pencil and leaned back in his chair. He suddenly had no desire to focus anymore and let out a heavy sigh.

Nari came back into the class in the middle of the math teacher’s sentence and interrupted the whole class. She bowed and apologised before heading back to her seat. Vernon looked as if he was sleeping again and Dino had his head down as if he were having a complete mental breakdown due to math class. She just chuckled and wrote down whatever the teacher had written on the board. Seeing all the numbers on her page filled Nari with confidence. No matter what changed in the world, numbers were always the same. Seeing that Dino was having so much trouble with math, she wondered if she would have to help him along. She wouldn’t mind spending more time with him as he was fun to hang around with and Nari felt like she had made a good friend even though she had been really nervous that morning. Thinking about her new friendship with Dino made Nari think about her childhood friend that was wandering the halls of that school somewhere and they had no idea she was there. She wondered if they would casually bump into each other or if they would never see each other again. 

---------------------------------------------

Does anyone listen to the songs i post at the start of the chapters?