One

I Adore U

">

Nari looked herself over in the full-length mirror that hung off the back of her bedroom door. She lightly tugged on her white blouse and made sure that it was properly tucked into her black pleated skirt. After a deep sigh and forcing down a strand of hair that defied the laws of gravity, Nari headed into the living room where he mom was sitting on the ground folding laundry.

“Have you eaten yet?” Her mother asked without removing her eyes from the task in front of her. Without arguing, Nari went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple and the lunch her mother had packed for her. “Sweater!” Her mother hoisted a light pink button-up sweater into the air and Nari grabbed it as she ran by and headed to the door. “I know you’re excited to see him again but don’t forget to make other friends at school.” Her mother called out as Nari sat on the ground to put on her black and white Adidas sneakers that she had received as a special gift for getting into one of the top high schools in the area. Her mother was talking about Nari’s childhood friend that she hasn’t seen in three long years. She remembered how they instantly clicked as friends when they were younger and how heartbroken she was when he went to high school in a different part of town which made it impossible for them to see each other. She didn’t even know what he looked like now as she figured puberty changed him a lot.

“Bye!” Once her shoes were on Nari bolted out of the door and was munching on her apple as she stood at the elevator waiting for it to come from the floor above hers. Once the doors opened Nari was startled to see a very attractive boy wearing the same school uniform as her. She quickly stepped inside and stood on the opposite side of the elevator but every once in a while she would catch glimpses of the boy in the reflective surfaces of the elevator. He had a sharp and a small face that was framed perfectly by his light brown hair that looked effortlessly styled. The boy had headphones on and Nari could hear the soft muttering of the music as she awkwardly stood to the side. She internally thanked herself for going to the same school as such a handsome boy. The elevator doors opened to the lobby and the boy walked out with Nari scuttling out after him. The two of them headed over to the bus stop that was across the street from their apartment building. Nari was amazed how the boy never looked up from his phone but he casually strolled across the busy street at the appropriate times. When they got to the bus stop, a few other students from their school were already waiting there. Two girls were busy chattering to each other and looking at the boy who lived in the same building as Nari.

“Jun oppa?” One of the girls approached the boy who ignored her for a few seconds before he actually realised that someone was talking to him. He took off his headphones and gave the most genuine smile that Nari had ever seen.

“Yes?” The boy replied with a bit of an accent that Nari couldn’t quiet place. The girl looked back to her friend whose face was a bright shade of red.

“My friend thinks you are super good looking!” The girl blurted out and then ran back to her friend; the two of them nervously laughing like hyenas as they tried to hide from his line of view. Jun just chuckled and bowed to them.

“Thank you.” He said before catching a glimpse of Nari out of the corner of his eye. Jun looked at her, his eyes scanning up and down her body before giving her a little bow. Nari awkwardly bowed back to him and then Jun put his headphones back on and waited for the bus. She had no idea why she was so shy around these people. Nari had never been a shy person before but she was finding it increasingly intimidating as she noticed that all of the students were surprisingly good looking.

What is this? A drama?” Nari thought to herself as she looked at the students that were all hanging around the bus stop. When the bus did finally show up everyone jumped in except for Jun who hung back and let everyone get on before him. Everyone sat with their friends in the bus and Nari found herself having the only empty spot on the bus for Jun to sit at. When he was walking up to her spot she thought her heart was going to jump out of her chest. Jun didn’t seem to think anything of it as he casually sat down and went back to staring at his phone. Being painfully curious, Nari peaked over to see what Jun was doing. He was reading something online in a language Nari couldn’t understand. “Is that Mandarin? Is he Chinese?” Nari quickly looked away and tried to force herself to focus on the things happening outside of the window. “It would explain his accent and his slightly foreign look.” Nari just nodded her head to herself and pressed her forehead against the cool window. Twenty minutes later the bus pulled up to the school and Nari watched as Jun once again let everyone else off the bus before himself; which also meant that Nari was last off the bus since she was sitting beside the window and she couldn’t get past him.

“Junnie!” A boy with fluffy blond hair grabbed Jun the second he stepped off the bus. Jun broke out into a huge smile as he walked away with his friend. Nari nervously looked around at how everyone already seemed to have a strong group of friends. Being all alone, Nari took a deep breath and walked into the school, determined to not be afraid anymore. She managed to find her locker with only a little bit of trouble. Nari heard the squeals of girls and looked over to see a swarm of girls around two guys whose faces were blocked by cellphones held in the air.

“Must be ulzzangs.” She muttered to herself as she tried to quickly set up her locker. She wasn’t fast enough as the swarm of girls swallowed her whole and jostled her around until she tripped over her own feet and fell to her hands and knees with a grunt. Nari heard a few girls laugh at her gracefulness and she looked up to see that she was staring at someone’s knees.

“I know I’m popular but I didn’t expect people to literally throw themselves at my feet.” The boy said with a surprisingly deep voice for someone in high school. Nari looked up and saw two ridiculously good looking boys staring down at her, along with the girls who were taking pictures of the interaction. The boy who she was kneeling in front of had an arrogant smirk on his face while the boy beside him seemed up surprised as Nari that she was in this awkward position. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you looking for hints in this chapter. Hints will start after chapter 4

You are all going to hate me when I start putting the hints

If none of you were there for the Hint Hunt in Truth About Luv

then you are in for a surprise HAHA

How many people were originally there during the Hint Hunt in Truth About Luv? Do you remember how I hid them? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~