CHAPTER 4

Just notice me already, Senpai!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Final[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]"I-I," Baekhyun stammers. Not being able to take Chanyeol's intense stare, he decides to run. ing his ice cream cone into Chanyeol's hands, Baekhyun leaps out of his chair and run out the door. He could hear Chanyeol's distant yells, but none of that matters right now. Tears shamefully roll down his cheek. Baekhyun somehow finds a small, isolated part in the park and dashes to it. He trips over a large tree root, but doesn't care enough to look at his wound. He hides behind a few bushes, glad that he chose to wear camo today. 

 

Baekhyun sits down, hugging his knees and looks around his hiding place. Thinking no one will find him here, he picks up a small flower, most likely a dandelion. It was very rare to find one in the winter, especially in the dead of it, when it was the coldest. He smiles ruefully at it, turning it around slowly in his grasp. "I guess I'm a fool, huh? To think that my plan would work. Of course Chanyeol doesn't like me back. What was I thinking?" Baekhyun laughs scornfully, throwing the dandelion down on the ground and crushed it with his foot.  

 

"Baekhyun?" He hears a deep yell. It was Chanyeol. Hugging his knees tighter, he tries to hide his body in the bushes as much as possible. "Baek! Where are you?!" Baekhyun resists the urge to look for Chanyeol. He tries to sniffle more quietly, hoping for Chanyeol to go away soon. The cold weather was merciless, especially against his runny nose and tear soaked cheeks.  

 

Baekhyun waits patiently for Chanyeol's departure. Seconds past. Then one minute. Two. Five. Ten. A whole half an hour. The sun is slowly setting. He hears nothing. 

 

Dead silence. Maybe Chanyeol gave up and left? After a pregnant pause, Baekhyun slowly opens his still crying eyes. He looks through the bushes, searching for a certain giant who had both stolen and broken his fragile heart. Satisfied that he sees no one, Baekhyun slowly gets up and walks to a nearby bench, stumbling quite a few times because of his sleeping legs. He sits down and admires the sunset, wishing he was anywhere but here. 

 

"Baekhyun!" A hoarse voice calls out. Another voice, not Chanyeol's this time. "Baekhyun!" Baekhyun freezes. That was Xiumin's voice. How did he find out about Baekhyun's disappearance? Baekhyun panics. If Xiumin was searching for him, then they all were: Jongin, Kyungsoo, Sehun, Luhan, maybe even more. Dread fills his veins. They all must know then.  

 

"There you are!" Chanyeol's voice calls out from a small distance. Baekhyun quickly turns around. There was Chanyeol, running up to him now. . How did Baekhyun not hear him? Hastily getting up the bench, he scampers the opposite direction, hoping to find another hiding spot. Unfortunately, luck was not on his side today. He slips and falls for what seems to be the millionth time today, giving Chanyeol a chance to catch up. Chanyeol took that chance and runs faster, managing to meet him.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter