[5/5]

Our Pups

 

Sungyeol watched intently as Dongwoo moved around the twins, changing them and checking all of their vitals once more to make sure everything was in tip-top shape.

 

“Hyung!” Sungyeol whined as Dongwoo pushed the cribs (Thank goodness they had wheels as to not scratch the floor!) closer to the bedbound Omega. “Why can’t I help you?”

 

               “Sungyeol ah, I know this is difficult to understand but you are in a very fragile state right now and moving around will further aggravate your still healing body.” Dongwoo replied, ignoring the pout Sungyeol was sending his way. “If you ask me one more time or even attempt to get out of that bed, I swear I will tie you to it for the remainder of you recovery.”

 

               “Hmph.”

 

               “Stop that.”

 

               “Stop what?”

 

               “Pouting.”

 

               “’M not pouting.”

 

               “Uh huh.”

 

               “Nuh uh.”

 

               Dongwoo glanced over at the pouting Omega with a sigh, praying to all of the higher powers that Myungsoo would make his appearance soon. He didn’t know how much longer he could put up with this kid. The kid just came out of a semi-coma and he was already back to talking everyone’s ear off. (One of the reasons as to why everyone, who had piled into the room to great the revived Omega, fled after not even an hour the other day.)

 

               “Anyway, have you and Myungsoo thought of names for these adorable little creatures yet?” Dongwoo asked as he tapped the youngest twin on its balled up fist. “They can’t go nameless much longer you know.”

 

               “Mm, we were discussing it last night.” Sungyeol hummed, allowing for the older Omega to switch the subject.

 

               “Oh?”

 

               “Mhm!”

 

               “What did you two decide on?”

 

               “Youngmin for the oldest, Kwangmin for the youngest.”

 

               “Are you telling Dongwoo their names already? I thought we were going to tell everyone at once, not one by one.” Myungsoo reprimanded as he walked into the room, though he was grinning at the look that crossed his mate’s face at being caught in the act of giving out their twins names alone. “Shame on you, Yeollie!”

 

               “But it’s just Dongwoo!” Sungyeol whined.

 

               “Hey!” Dongwoo exclaimed, batting at Sungyeol’s head lightly, feigning a hurt look. “What do you mean ‘It’s just Dongwoo’? How cruel of you!”

 

               Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “You know what I meant you big puppy!”

 

               “Hmph.”

 

               “Now look who’s pouting~!” Sungyeol cooed, reaching out to pinch at Dongwoo’s cheek impishly. “So cute~!”

 

               “Shut up.”

 

               “Don’t wanna~!”

 

               “Why you-“

 

               “As much as I love seeing Sungyeol acting so lively after what he’s been through… But I think it’s time for him to rest, yeah?”

 

               “I’m fine-“

 

Sungyeol tried to defend himself but Myungsoo cut him off half way.

 

“Love, you have bags under your eyes already…”

 

“Ugh.”

 

Dongwoo grinned at the defeated look in Sungyeol’s eyes (Who was also pouting for the mere fact his mate would call him out on something he couldn’t control!)

 

               “He’s right you know, if you rest the possibility of you recovering faster will allow you to take care of your pups on your own.”

 

               “… I guess…”

 

               Myungsoo looked at his mate with a soft smile, watching as Sungyeol slid down the bed and curled up on his side. Sungyeol looked up at Myungsoo then, patting the bed as if demanding for the young Alpha to lay down beside him. (Which he was…)

 

               Myungsoo walked to the bed and settled across from the Omega, hand reaching up to brush Sungyeol’s overly long bangs out of sleepy eyes. “Yes, yes, I’ll come lay beside you my dear.” The Alpha leaned forward and pressed a kiss to both eyelids. “Better?”

 

               “Mm.” Sungyeol leaned into the gentle touches.

 

               “You should have taken a nap earlier.”

 

               Sungyeol shook his head. “You weren’t here…”

 

               “Aw, does my baby need me beside him to sleep?” Myungsoo teased. “How cute~!”

 

               “’hut up…”

 

               “Ooo~! My darling~!”

 

               “You two are seriously disgusting…” Dongwoo fake gagged to which Myungsoo, like the grown man that he was, stuck his tongue out at the older Omega. “Ugh, whatever, anyway if you two know how to not move around in your sleep, I’ll allow for the twins to sleep between you.”

 

               Sungyeol, being halfway gone to dreamland, didn’t respond but Myungsoo did with a little nod to the older Omega.

 

               Dongwoo picked up Youngmin from his crib, placing him in the middle of the couple before doing the same with the youngest. Myungsoo watched when, after the twins were placed facing each other, they reached out toward one another, tiny little fingers curling around each other’s. It was as if they needed to be close to one another. Maybe that is why they would sometimes let out tiny little cries at night, feeling the need to be near one another.

 

               “Thank you…” Myungsoo whispered to Dongwoo who nodded, telling the Alpha to call him if he needed him, no matter the time. The Alpha promised to do so before waving him away.

 

               When they were finally alone, Myungsoo looked down at his little family, really looking at them for the first time. His lovely little (Maybe not little but still) mate gave him not one but two little miracles. “I love all of you so much…” Myungsoo whispered while leaning forward to press a kiss to Sungyeol’s forehead (Smiling when the Omega made a little whine in the back of his throat).

 

               The Alpha curled up tighter around the pups and placed a hand on Sungyeol’s hip, feeling more at ease when able to touch his mate after so long. It wasn’t long before he was able to drift into dreamland after his mate.

 

~*~*~Time Skip~*~*~

 

               “They sure are energetic, aren’t they?”

 

               It had been a little over a year since the pups had been born and they were already stumbling around the best they could on two feet while having the ability to Shift already from human to wolf and back again. (Sungyeol worried each time they managed the Shift because what if they didn’t have the will to change back?)

 

               Right now they were currently tossing around on the floor of the living room together, occasionally scampering off to bother uncle Sunggyu when biting each other’s ears became too boring. (“Why me?”)

 

               They had also presented on the exact day of their first birthday.

 

               The oldest, Youngmin, had presented as an Omega while the youngest, Kwangmin, was an Alpha. It wasn’t that surprising to the pack as they had seen how protective the younger was over the oldest, it was as if the two had known their statuses before really presenting.

 

               “They’re just pups, Sunggyu, calm down.” Sungyeol chided, watching the pups as they played with Myungsoo in wolf form. “Of course they’re going to be a bit rowdy.”

 

               Myungsoo let out a playful whine when Kwangmin bit down on his ear with his not so sharp baby teeth. Youngmin followed his little brother’s lead and bit down on his father’s tail. The Alpha went limp on the ground which led to the two pups inching closer and closer to their father’s face until… Myungsoo jumped to his feet in a second, causing the pups to scamper backwards. Turning tail and dashing toward Sungyeol, knowing that their mother would always protect them from the big, bad Alpha which was their father.

 

               They hid behind Sungyeol’s legs, baring their teeth when Myungsoo slinked closer to them. “Yes, yes, I’ll protect you from the big, bad Alpha.” Sungyeol cooed as he scooped the pups into his arms, pressing kisses to their wet little noses. “No need to be afraid~!”

 

               “Who would be afraid of Myungsoo hyung?” Sungjong laughed, “He is so cute and fluffy!”

 

               The young Beta reached out and ruffled the wolf’s hair affectionately, not even flinching when the Alpha nipped at his fingers.

 

               Dongwoo, who was cuddled into Hoya, laughed at the encounter between the two friends. “You guys are seriously adorable.”

 

               Sungyeol laughed when Myungsoo shot the older Omega a dirty look. (Could wolves even give dirty looks?)

 

               “Don’t look at me like that, Myungsoo ah, you may be an Alpha but I can still kick your if I really wanted to!” Dongwoo teased, hands up in front of him like he was ready to throw a punch. Hoya laughed into his mate’s neck at how adorable the older Omega really was.

 

               “You guys, stop acting like children, please?” Woohyun said from his spot leaning against the door frame leading into the living room. “We have guests.”

 

               “Who?”

 

               “Granny and Grandpa.”

 

               There was a loud ‘thwack’ sound and Woohyun nearly fell flat on his face. Heechul was standing behind him, one hand on his hip the other raised in the air.

 

               “What have I told you about calling me ‘granny’?”

 

               Woohyun rubbed at his head, cowering (“I was not cowering.”) from the Omega. “What? That’s what you are!”

 

               “Why you-“

 

               “Gra-“

 

               “-nny!”

             

               Heechul dropped down to his knees as the twins (… who had Shifted back by now along with Myungsoo…) ran toward him. “My grandbabies!” He gathered the teetering twins into his arms and placed kissed all over their faces. “As adorable as always~!”

 

               “Mother-“

 

               “Ah, Myungsoo dear~ How is my darling son?”

 

               (Heechul was a lot friendlier with Myungsoo after coming to the pack’s house every week to visit his grandchildren.)

 

               “-I’m okay… What are you and father doing here…”

 

               “It is our weekly visit for these little munchkins.”

 

               “… You were here two days ago…”

 

               “At the end of the last week, it is the beginning of the new week.” Heechul reasoned.

 

               “What is the real reason that you are here?”

 

               “… There has been a slight… Problem…”

 

               At this, everyone’s heads snapped up.

 

               Myungsoo inched closer toward Sungyeol who had frozen in his spot. “What kind of problem?”

 

               “… The SJ pack is scattered…”

 

               “… What?” Woohyun, along with everyone else in the room, looked shocked at the news. The oldest pack in the area scattered? What could have possibly done that…?

 

               “… EXOTIC have made their move…”

 

               “Are you sure?”

 

               “Yes…”
 

               Myungsoo looked at his mother who was still clutching the twins to his chest, his father standing behind looking restless. “Why did you come here?”

 

               “We are going to be staying here for a while… If that’s okay…”

 

               “That’s fine but what else did you need to tell us?”

 

               “… They’ve deciding to attack INFINITE next…”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

               “Please calm down…”

 

               “How can I calm down?”

 

               “Myungsoo-“

 

               “No, Sungyeol you heard my mother, he told us that EXOTIC have set their eyes on taking our pack’s territory.” Myungsoo was pacing, his voice rising as his nervousness and anger skyrocketed. “What are we going to do? We can’t take them on, they’ll out power us!”

 

               “You can ask-“

 

               “The alliances that we have will do no good. They managed to leave SJ in shambles, think of what they will do to us?”

 

               “If everyone-“

 

               “Sungyeol, please-

 

               “No, listen to me!” Sungyeol grabbed hold of Myungsoo’s arms to stop the Alpha in his tracks. “If you could possibly gather the scattered SJ members and convince both SHINee and BIG B-“

 

               “BIG B? Are you crazy-“

 

               “Listen, if we could convince them that EXOTIC is the real threat here than we could probably rally them to defend what they love, the protection of their pack and the place that they call home-“

 

               “How do you know that that will work?”

 

               “We have to try something, Myungsoo!”

 

               “…”

 

               “Please, any idea is a good idea in this kind of situation.”

 

               “I guess you are right…”

 

               Myungsoo pulled Sungyeol’s hands from his arms before leading them to the bed where he sat down, pulling Sungyeol down into his lap.

 

               “I know I’m right!” Sungyeol teased his distressed mate.

 

               “You, the pups and Dongwoo need to leave.”

 

               “What?”

 

               “I’m sending you, the twins and Dongwoo with Heechul until this whole thing is over.”

 

               “Wha-? No! Myungsoo I’m staying here with you!”

 

               “I can’t lose you Sungyeol! I nearly did a year ago and I was a mess, I’m not going through that again.”

 

               “But-“

 

               “It’s final.”

 

               Myungsoo gently moved Sungyeol off his lap, pressing a kiss to the Omega’s forehead.

 

               “Myungie-“

 

               “You can’t change my mind on this matter, Yeollie.”

 

               Sungyeol watched as the Alpha moved toward their bedroom door, he shared a look with Sungyeol before calling out to the others still in the living room. “Sunggyu, Woohyun, get ahold of SHINee and BIG B. Sungjong, Hoya, try to gather all of the scattered SJ pack that you can. Dongwoo, pack your bags, I’m sending you, Sungyeol and the twins off until this whole mess is taken care of and EXOTIC is no longer a threat.”

 

 

… To be Continued…

.... Please don't hate me... This will be continued... :D Until then, I'll be updating the spin-offs!