[2/5]

Our Pups

***A/N: Hello my darlings~ Here is an update for you! Hopefully I'll finish up this story within the next few chapters and I promise, the fluff is coming! Just hold on~ In other news... There is so much snow where I live... (ia got hit by a major snowstorm this weekend) ... And I'm going crazy from being snowed into the house for so long!!! UGHHH. Anyway... Here is you update! Please comment and subscribe! And a big thank you to all of those who have done so!

 

“A mother never forgets their pup.”

 

            Myungsoo couldn’t help but stare at the man standing in front of him with wide eyes. “Wha-? ‘A mother never forgets their pup’? What do you mean by that?”

 

            What was Heechul implying? That he... HE was Myungsoo’s... Mother? That’s not possible... Right?

 

            “Ah, Myungsoo ah, I’m so glad to have the opportunity to see you all grown up... I’ve missed so much...” Heechul made to step forward, raising a hand to place it on Myungsoo’s cheek but the young Alpha flinched away from the touch. He continued backing up till he felt the back of his knees hit the bed, growling when the Alpha Hangeng, his father, stepped closer in an attempt to calm him down. Soon Heechul was placing a hand on Hangeng’s shoulder while sharing a look with his mate. The Alpha backed down, allowing for Heechul to inch closer to the distraught Myungsoo. “Hey, Myungsoo ah, I know this is a lot to take in, trust me, I’ve been through my fair share of surprising news. Being pregnant with you was one of them.”

 

            “How can I trust what you’re saying?”

 

            “Myungsoo ah, you know what they’re saying is true... Don’t lie to yourself, it’ll only hurt more if you do.”

 

            Myungsoo whirled to face his hyung. The one who always claimed to be his brother. The one who lied to him all his life.

 

            “How could you lie to me Sunggyu hyung?”

 

            “I never meant to keep it from you-“

 

            “But you did-“

 

            Myungsoo moved to step closer but Dongwoo stepped in front of him, hands pressing him to sit on the bed gently and Myungsoo allowed him. “You will not fight in here and you will not raise your voices. The babies do not need to be exposed to your anger in the few hours that they’ve been in the world. And it sure won’t help Sungyeol if you two have a fist fight in the middle of the room.” Dongwoo was giving him a stern look that had Myungsoo shrinking back from the Beta. “Now. If you two don’t stop this nonsense and have a calm conversation, I’ll kick you both out. Understood?”

 

            “Dongwoo-“

 

            “Shush, Myungsoo.” Myungsoo nodded quickly at the look in Dongwoo’s eyes. “Good. Now listen to them, okay?” Another nod. “Alright. Sunggyu, please continue with what you were saying.”

 

            “Myungsoo, the reason why I lied to you was to protect you. Your parents-“ He waved at Heechul and Hangeng “-Had nothing to do with you being handed over to me. One of the SJ pack members showed up on my doorstep one night with you bundled up in their arms and handed you over. I didn’t ask questions, but I knew. I knew who you were, I knew who your parents were. I knew I had to keep you safe... Other packs... They would want the power you hold. You’re special, Myungsoo ah, like your father and your mother.” Sunggyu looked over to see Heechul and Hangeng at the edge of the room. Hangeng had an arm wrapped around Heechul’s waist, Sunggyu could only guess it was there for comfort. Having your own pup, though they didn’t really know you, rejecting you must be a hard thing. Heechul caught his eye and Sunggyu motioned him over along with Hangeng. “Your parents are special, Myungsoo ah. Your parents are magic. Do you know how amazing that is?

 

            “Having two of the most powerful werewolves known in history, mated and expecting a pup? Do you know the chaos that would cause? How many packs would kill for that power?” Sunggyu explained, moving closer to Myungsoo and watching as Heechul edged forward with him. “There was no way I could let that happen. So I lied. I lied about you being my brother, lied about our parents dying in an accident, lied about almost everything. I have to tell you though, you are my brother, even if it isn’t by blood.”

 

            Myungsoo was watching him with wary eyes. “Did you know that I could get Sungyeol pregnant?”

 

            “I-“

 

            “Myungsoo ah, he couldn’t have possibly known about the ability for you to get Sungyeol to get pregnant, I didn’t even know it was possible until it happened-“

 

            Surprisingly, the look Myungsoo turned to Heechul wasn’t hostile. “He would have known though... He knew that it wasn’t a myth... He could have stopped this... He could have-“

 

            Heechul was on his knees on Myungsoo’s right side while Sunggyu took up space on his left, placing a hand on his son’s knee. (After all these years, he was finally, finally able to touch his son.) “What would you have done, Myungsoo? If you had known, what could you have done to prevent any of this? Would you have ignored the pull you felt for Sungyeol? Would you not have taken him as your mate if you had known? Ignore what made you happy and live only in fear of what could happen?”

 

            “It did happen though!” Myungsoo couldn’t control himself anymore. “I didn’t know a thing and look at what happened! Sungyeol is dying and it’s all my fault!”

 

            The Alpha couldn’t clamp down on the sob bubbling in his throat. He couldn’t cry, he needed to be strong. Strong for himself, for his pups, for Sungyeol. Why couldn’t he hold in these stupid tears!?

 

            “Myungsoo, its fine, you can help Sungyeol ah but you need to calm down, okay?” Heechul tried to get through the mess that Myungsoo was becoming. “I can help you but I need you to listen to everything that I say.”

 

            Myungsoo was looking at him with tear-filled eyes and it broke Heechul’s heart but the small nod he got from the young Alpha was reassuring.

 

            “Alright,” Heechul said, getting to his feet and moving around the bed so he could sit on the other side, motioning Myungsoo to move so that they were both facing Sungyeol’s body that lay unmoving on the bed. “First, I need you to place the tips of your fingers on Sungyeol’s forehead and then place your other hand over his heart.” Myungsoo did as he was told, watching as Heechul, his mother, did the same thing he had instructed his son to do. Heechul’s eyes drifted shut and started chanting something in a language he couldn’t recognize.

 

            Myungsoo couldn’t tell how long they sat there but he let his eyes fall shut as he had watched Heechul do and for some odd reason, he could faintly hear himself whispering the same words in the language he couldn’t understand. A few times he would open his eyes and noticed that sometimes there was no one in the room while other times Dongwoo would peek in or Hangeng would be standing guard at the door.

 

            His gaze never lingered long before he would glance back down at Sungyeol and notice the way his face was beginning to regain color and his breathing was almost normal. With the reassurance of his love being alive and seemingly mending, he would once again close his eyes and think about all of the memories he shared with Sungyeol. From the good to the bad, praying to a higher power that Sungyeol would be okay. Because Myungsoo wouldn’t know what to do if he wasn’t... He needed Sungyeol. Sungyeol was his everything.

 

            No one could ever replace him.

 

~*~*~*~*~*