A beautiful dream...

Please fill in my blank space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a month since their house had the biggest commotion. After that event, Jongin and their father rarely talked. Their mother went to America for her medical checkup and Yoona was apparently living in hospital since she was a resident in Emergency department. So, there weren't anyone in home who would cook for the kids. Their father was also busy with work these days and came back home late at night. He always left pocket-money to buy something to eat on the dining table but he barely checked in on Jongin and Soojung as he could only take on the duty of sending Taeoh to kindergarten because of his tight schedule.

"Soojung ah, have you taken the house key?" Jongin asked as he grabbed the money on the table.

"Yep" she replied as she handed him a pack of cold medicine.

"Don't forget the medicine too, oppa"

"Ohyea.." He coughed, "Let's go. We need to grab something for breakfast on the way"

Jongin had been sick for almost a week. He had been taking pills for cold which were in the medicine box. Whenever Soojung told him to go to hospital, he always denied to do so. His greatest fear was going to hospital ever since he was a toddler.

They headed towards the school after they bought a toast and sandwich.

"What do you want for your birthday tomorrow, oppa?" Soojung started a conversation.

"Umm..." He hesitated at the question. What did he want? No one had asked that question to him for quite long aside from Soojung. He had never heard that question from their parents again ever since his 3-years-old birthday. Ever since Taeoh was born.

"That jigsaw puzzle of yours will be a great present!" He answered teasingly as he knew she would never give up her beloved "Finding Nemo" jigsaw pieces.

Little Soojung let out a long sigh. She really wanted to give him anything he wanted but her jigsaw puzzle was an exception. It was the last present from her mom and dad which was years ago.

"Can't you ask for something other than jigsaw, oppa?" She pleaded, "I can give you anything and everything aside from that!"

He chuckled at how torn she looked now. She kept biting her lower lip as she looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Nope" he decided not to stop the tease, "I want that only"

Soojung fell into silence afterwards. She looked like she was in deep thought. She was facing the biggest problem of her 7-years-old life: keeping the jigsaw or not. She knew she could continue to play the puzzle even if she gave it to Jongin as birthday present. But still, she didn't want to. Because if she gave it to him, the puzzle was going to lose its meaning of being the last present from her parents.

They separated ways after they re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter