Night Terrors

Suicide Watch

Kyungsoo woke up with a loud cry. He took a few shuddering breaths as he tried to regain his composure. What time was it? How long had he been knocked out for? He looked out the window to see that the sunlight was streaming in. . He quickly stood up and checked the time by his bedside table. It was eight thirty. He shot out of his bed. Tears were still running down his face. He couldn’t let that oaf see him like this. He despised showing vulnerability. He’d be damned if that giant saw him like this. no. He rushed out of his bed and ushered into the restroom. He looked absolutely pathetic. His eyes were red and puffy from the crying. Stupid dream. If it wasn’t for the new change in watcher he wouldn’t be going through this. It was those stupid goddamn pills.

 

Kyungsoo hated taking those stupid sleeping pills. It knocked him out completely, and he would lose track of time. That was a giant no to Kyungsoo. He liked to keep track of things and sleeping meant that he would have no clue as to what time it was, he hated it. He had managed to fool that nurse into thinking he took them every night. Of course, at first, she had made him force his mouth open to make sure he had taken those damn pills, but after a few weeks, he had managed to gain her trust and she stopped checking. What a stupid mistake. He hated those pills, so he would do anything to avoid taking them. So if taking them for a few weeks for the sake of gaining her trust was what he had to do, then he’d do it. And he did. That fool of a nurse was dumb enough to put her trust in him and he was glad because that meant he wouldn’t be forced to sleep anymore. He thought he was finally clear of those damn pills, but then they went and changed his watcher. Of course, he knew the nurse wouldn’t stay forever, but he didn’t know they had found a watcher so sudden.

 

Park ing Chanyeol. That oaf of a ing giant was his new watcher. After all his hard work of gaining his nurses trust, after being able to avoid those stupid pills, he found himself having to go over the whole trust gaining cycle again. his life. Temazepam meant sleep, sleep meant nightmares, and nightmares meant that he would wake up crying. Again his life.

 

He washed his face, trying to get rid of any sign of crying as he took deep breaths to clear his minds of his previous nightmares. If his therapist was going to be here today, Kyungsoo had to do his best to compose himself and right now he was far from it. That of a therapist knew how exactly to push his buttons. On a good day, he could pull on the best poker face and act as if nothing was wrong with him, but today? No, today he would have difficulty doing it.

 

Kyungsoo quickly finished washing all traces of tears from his face and headed back to his room. That oaf would be here soon. The one thing Kyungsoo had going for him was that he could tell that Chanyeol wasn’t doing this voluntarily. Chanyeol would be doing things halfassed, which meant Kyungsoo wouldn’t have a hard time bypassing the rules that watchers had to go through.

 

Watchers.

 

Kyungsoo despised that name. Kyungsoo didn’t need a watcher. If he decided to off himself again, he could sure as hell do it, even if there was someone by his side to try and prevent it. He huffed as he resumed his usual place by the window. That Park oaf was sure to be here any minute, so he had to act as if he hadn’t just had a nightmare.

 

 

Yesterday was a whole new level of awkward for Chanyeol. He was always a pretty amiable person. He was easy to get along with. It was only his first day of being a watcher. He shuddered at the word. He didn’t like that word. Watcher, it sounded like he was the grim reaper or something. It sent a chill down his spine. But that was his job now, being a Watcher. So far he wasn’t doing so well. Getting Kyungsoo to eat was a small victory, but he was proud of it none the less. Chanyeol stayed laying down in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He had gone over Kyungsoo’s file last night, just in case he had missed something, but no he hadn’t. It didn’t say why the younger had decided to attempt suicide, it didn’t say a thing about his personal life, it didn’t event tell him what Kyungsoo’s favorite color was. How was he supposed to get to know the other?

 

He sighed as he got up from his place on the comfortable bed. Just ten more minutes, he thought to himself, but then ten would turn into thirty, and thirty would turn into an hour. If his professor found out he came late, then there went his second chance. He sighed again. He didn’t really look forward to today, not when he was going to deal with a stoic faced Kyungsoo, who he knew was going to be tough on him. But he was going to it up and take it. At least he wouldn’t be alone today since he was to meet Kyungsoo's therapist.

 

Chanyeol got out of bed and made his way to kitchen to eat cereal. Normally, during vacation, Chanyeol would stay asleep until he absolutely deemed it necessary to get up. Unfortunately, today he didn’t have that option. He groggily served himself cereal as he ate slowly trying his best not to fall back to sleep. It wasn’t until a few minutes later that he had finished and he went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He wasn’t used to having the apartment to himself. Normally he would find himself brushing his teeth while Baekhyun would causally stroll in shoving him aside so he could make himself look presentable. But no, today wasn’t like that. Today the apartment was… well quiet.

 

A blob of toothpaste fell on his shirt as Chanyeol cursed internally. He looked at his watch and his eyes doubled in size. It was already 8:30. He was going to be late. He looked down at his shirt again as he rinsed out his out his mouth as he looked at his stained shirt. He had to find a new one. He rushed into his room, going through the heaps of clothing that lay on the floor. He had to make a mental note to clean his room later on. he thought as he spotted a clean shirt and hastily replaced it with the one that was already stained. He checked his watch again. Great, it was already 8:45. He was going to be late. He grabbed his keys and bolted out the door.

 

Within half an hour Chanyeol had managed to bump over nearly all the people he had come across, but rest assured he had made it to the white house which held Kyungsoo inside. He stopped right in front of the door and stood there for a few minutes, trying to catch his breath before he unlocked the door and entered the quiet house. Chanyeol make his way to Kyungsoo’s room, not bothering to prepare breakfast for the younger male. A good morning ought to be in order first. Chanyeol walked up the stairs and stopped right in front of the bedroom door as he knocks three times. There was nothing but silence. He knocked again but once again nothing. It took him a few minutes before he realized that Kyungsoo was not going to answer him. Chanyeol opted to just open the door instead.

 

“Good morning Kyungsoo,” said Chanyeol as he looked at where Kyungsoo sat near the window. He was given no reply as Chanyeol was subject to Kyungsoo’s silent stare. Chanyeol stood still as he wondered why he was given no response. Kyungsoo just continued to stare at Chanyeol with a blank expression when Chanyeol had caught how Kyungsoo’s eyes were a bit red.

 

“Kyungsoo why are your-”

 

“Your shirt,” intervened Kyungsoo.

 

“Uh, what?”

 

“Your shirt… it’s inside out,” replied Kyungsoo as Chanyeol slowly looked down at his shirt. Kyungsoo was right. Chanyeol’s face reddened as Kyungsoo looked at him with an unamused look.

 

“I’ll just uh fix it, sorry.” without much thought, Chanyeol was taking his shirt off and putting it on properly as Kyungsoo looked away from a shirtless Chanyeol. Kyungsoo quickly went back to looking out the window. The nerve that oaf had to change right in front of him!

 

“So uh,” started Chanyeol as he finished putting on his shirt.

 

“I just wanted to say good morning before I made you breakfast,” said Chanyeol awkwardly as he turned to head to the kitchen.

 

“I can make my own food,” said Kyungsoo before Chanyeol could leave.

 

Chanyeol looked at the younger for a second. “I can make my own food,” repeated Kyungsoo. He couldn’t let that happen. It was against the rules. If Kyungsoo had somehow found any self harming utensils in the kitchen, Chanyeol could risk getting in trouble.

 

“Sorry, you can’t,” he replied as Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

 

“I’m not a child, Park. I can make my own food.”

 

“I know, but I can’t let you. And you can call me Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo stared at Chanyeol for a moment before he looked back out the window.

 

“Then don’t make food.”

 

“Kyungoo, you can’t-”

 

“I said don’t make me food. Just go now.”

 

Chanyeol stood there frustrated for a moment. Kyungsoo was being difficult again and he didn’t know how to convince him to eat breakfast. He would have retorted would it not have been for the sound of a doorbell ringing downstairs.

 

“Sorry, I have to answer the door,” said Chanyeol as he waited for Kyungsoo to reply. Kyungsoo looked at him with bored eyes as he waved his hands as to dismiss him. Chanyeol felt like a servant at that moment.

 

Chanyeol sped down the stair case, not wanting the therapist to wait long to be welcomed in, although at this point, Chanyeol felt as if the therapist was more welcomed than Chanyeol himself was. Chanyeol stopped right by the door to open it.

 

“Hi, I’m Lee Seung Hwan. I’m Kyungsoo’s therapist.”