3: DO-RA SECOND SHOT

2NEXO: SHORT STORIES

SHORT STORY- DODARA

 

After that trial audition, DODARA, was born… the first love team created between two top agencies, Dara was known to be bubbly and just a ray of sunshine, while DO was known for his stoic face. They were a match made in heaven, so to speak.

 

Their first day as a love team of sorts, they were going to do a music video, it was for YG’s Gummy- As a Man… their concept was simple, it was just clips of a sweet relationship between a boyfriend and girlfriend, the moment they knew of the concept, the two of them grew more awkward with each other… their personalities were a bit reserved, because it seemed as though they were just thrown in on some project and they expect the two of them to just act sweet towards each other.

 

“We are going to have a problem.” YG sighed as he looked across the table at Sooman,

 

“Wae?” Sooman asked

 

“Are we looking at a different view, look at those two… Dara is reserved when it comes to strangers… aigoo, that kid!” YG heaved another sigh

 

“It will be fine, we saw their chemistry, we can tell them to treat it as just like any other photoshoot or project, they can do it. And I have the perfect plan.” SM smiled mischievously

 

“What are you planning to do? Lock them up there until one of them talks?” YG wondered looking at Sooman as if he was absurd

 

“Yup, that is my plan… sooner or later one of them will try to talk and we will see the air of awkwardness disappear, just you wait and see.” Sooman smiled confidently at his plan.

 

DO and Dara were asked to spend at least 1 hour in the room alone, for 7 days, they were just instructed to stay there for 1 hour and then leave.

 

1st day was so awkward, it felt like they have already stayed there for 10 hours when in fact, it has only been 10 minutes. They exchanged awkward smiles at each other and they were seated 2 seats apart, they were busy with their phones and just waited for the hour to finish.

 

2nd day, their phones were confiscated, Dara then looked around the room and saw a music sheet and decided to just look at it and read some of the writings in it. DO on the other hand was just staring blankly at the white board in front doing nothing, then as Dara was slowly turning the pages of the music sheet, she got a paper cut and blood was spilling from her index finger, she was worried and was turning a bit pale, she was just whimpering beside DO who didn’t notice what happened.

 

DO then saw at his peripheral vision that Dara was leaning on her desk, he decided to turn to look and saw that there was blood on the desk.

 

“Noona? What happened?” DO’s eyes grew wider than wide as he saw Dara’s index finger with blood flowing

 

“Omo! Noona! Why didn’t you tell me?! Wait… I know I saw a first aid kit here!” DO sprun up from his seat and looked at the desk in front and searched the drawers for a first aid kit.

 

He nursed the cut as Dara tried to fight off the tears from flowing down her face.

 

“It’s true then…” Dara uttered as she looked at her bandaged index finger

 

“True? About what?” DO was puzzled as to what Dara was referring to,

 

“Captain Yoo Si Jin, Big Boss said about paper cuts, it is scary!” Dara uttered as DO was left perplexed until it hit him, Dara was referring to the scene were Captain and Vice Captain were asked to do a report on what happened during their absence, when everyone thought they were dead.

 

After that, the 3rd until the 7th, last day, the two were now talking and laughing and they seemed to have endless talks about anything and everything under the sun.

 

They would share earphones to listen to music, watch videos on their phone, or even laugh at some news and scandals from different artists. The two grew closer and they slowly became friends without realizing it.

 

Much to the delight of the spectators who witnessed these two individuals growing into a love team.

 

On the 7th day, the acting coach then went in the room and broke the news to the two. The two were delighted with the news and were excited for their shooting date.

 

But then a bad news happened, Minzy, the baby 2ne1 was leaving the group, so Dara was a bit down and she had to suppress the sadness she was feeling and continue on with the filming, since she doesn’t want to disappoint Gummy and DO.

 

On the first day of shooting, everyone saw how gloomy Dara was, DO and Dara were sharing one tent as DO side glanced Dara and debated in his head whether to approach her or not.

 

He decided to just sit beside her and as soon as Dara saw DO sitting beside her, she laid her head on his shoulders and silently cried. DO sat there and lightly patted Dara’s head as he listened to her cries until she mellowed down.

 

“Thank you… you’ve had too many goodbyes as well, thank you.” Dara uttered as she wiped the tears away and looked at DO who was just sitting still unmoved.

 

“Ya! Are you okay?” Dara uttered as she lightly hit DO on the shoulder

 

“My fell asleep.” That was what DO uttered as he stood up and smiled and hugged her without saying any consoling words.

 

“I just don’t know what words to say to console you… I am sorry noona.” DO bowed his head

 

“Ani! You did more than enough, just being here is enough. Thank you Soo-ah!” Dara smiled as she hugged DO back, “You know for a guy who has small shoulders, you are a very dependable person.” Dara smiled as she bounced back from sulking to teasing, which made DO smile.

 

“Let’s go film that music video!” Dara chirped up as she stepped out of the tent with a positive disposition.