1:DO-RA ONE SHOT

2NEXO: SHORT STORIES

SG Entertainment Company held a meeting and they wanted to change how actors and actresses were seen by the public. Since fans ship their artists with their current partner in a drama series, they wanted to create some sort of a partnership or  a love team wherein they are seen together almost everywhere, in print ads, commercials, radio guestings, music videos and other promotions they could think of.

 

They decided to hold a certain hunt in the guise of an acting workshop for their artists, to find out who has that magical chemistry, on and off screen, who can pull off that certain love team they wanted to do.

 

"Hey man! Where are you headed to?" Chanyeol asked as he saw DO rushing off out of their dorm,

 

"Oh, manager hyung called, I have an acting workshop scheduled for the whole afternoon, see you later!" DO replied as he hurreidly grabbed his bag from the dining table and rushed off out of the apartment.

 

On the way out, DO met with Kai and just ignored him and ran off towards the elevator.

 

"Hyung, where is he going?" Kai asked scratching his head pointing towards their creepy, squishy DO

 

"Oh, he said he has an acting workshop, and it will last the whole afternoon, probably till night!" CHanyeol uttered as he resumed listening to the song he was currently working on.

 

"What?! Then, that means... no food?" Kai exclaimed with such exaggeration much to Chanyeol's amusement

 

"DOn't worry... your tummy will be alright... I will cook for you later, after I finish this." CHanyeol smiled as he ruffled Kai's hair.

 

On the other hand, at 2NE1's dorm... the girls were enjoying their day off, they were finally given a break from their usual training and recording, so you could just imagine, Dara and Bom were bouncing up and down in the living room dancing to their songs, while CL was in the kitchen baking, and Minzy was playing with Dougie joining the unnies with their craziness.

 

DING DONG!!!

 

"Nugu?! KAAAAAAA!!!!" Bom uttered as she looked at the screen, she saw that it was their manager and she punched in the code to allow him to enter.

 

"Wassup?!" CL greeted waving her spatula and off the excess icing from it.

 

"Where is Dara?" manager-oppa asked, CL gestured towards the living room with her head.

 

"Neh!!!! Present!" Dara raised her right hand high up as she smiled at their manager, while Bom lowered the volume of their sounds down.

 

"Um... I know today is your day off, but MR. YG called and said that you have a schedule today, it is for an acting workshop, so get ready and get dressed, we will be leaving in 10 minutes."

 

"WHAT?!?!?!!?!?! B-but... we are going to have a girls night tonight!" Dara said pouting as her shoulders dropped as she dragged her feet towards her room to change.

 

At the SG Entertainment office, all hand-picked actors, actresses and singers were called... all of them were clueless as to why they were being called. Two stood out so much... one was DO who was standing in the corner of the room with his eyes scanning the whole place in a creepy way with his small shoulders stooping low, and since he didn't know anyone there, he decided to keep quiet and keep everything to himself. On the other hand, Dara was also sitting at the back of the room at the opposite side of where DO was, she too was frowning, because she thought that she had the day off today and now she was in a room full of strangers... of course, not that she does not know them... it's because she hasn't even greeted them before, all she knew was that she might have exchanged a few greetings with the guy by the window looking creepy and all, she knew he was from EXO... and everyone knew she was from 2NE1.

 

The workshop started and it was a bit vague, what it was for... no introductions were held, they just started immediately as the mentor stated, 

 

"Once you stand here in front, I want you to be in a character that is vulnerable but hopeful... and read these lines for me please..."

 

The other actors and actresses were so great at portrayal that made Dara wonder why she was called for this workshop, DO, on the other hand had his eyes closed internalizing the character he was about to do.

 

"Okay next, Do Kyungsoo!" the mentor called as he looked at the back where DO was seated, 

 

DO didn't move an inch, he was as still as a calm water, this made Dara uneasy, because he was her seatmate, they were a seat apart and they were the only ones sitting at the back. She decided to poke him on his arm carefully,

 

"Um.. excuse me... Kyungsoo-ssi? Kyungsoo-ssi?" Dara's timid little voice attempted to get the attention of her seatmate, she was feeling a bit stressed with her seatmate who didn't even budge and held the same position as before.

 

The mentor was about to walk towards DO when Dara's persistent poking on his arm did the job and woke him up from his trance.

 

"Kyungsoo-ssi... you're up!" Dara whispered as she was side glancing where their mentor was.

 

"Omo! Mianhaeyo, sunbaenim!" DO stood up straight abruptly and then walked in front.

 

He cleared his throat, shook his whole body, paused for a little while, looked up  and then proceeded with his lines

 

"I am who I am, no one can change that."

 

With DO's deep voice and a bit of a tremble, his eyes not focusing on anything he showed his vulnerability as if second guessing himself if he would be accepted or not. Shoulders were dropped, he kept playing with hins fingers, avoiding eye contact, his head hung low, couldn't stand straight. And then much to the surprise of everyone he stopped and then with eyes soft, gone was the unsureness in his eyes, his eyes gleamed and it was sparkling! Full of hope.

 

Everyone was impressed by his acting that such a simple scene contained a lot of emotions with just a single line. They were shocked to see how good he was.

 

Up next was Dara, she was the last person up for the workshop. She walked straight towards the front, not looking at anyone but the floor. The moment she stood in front of everyone, there was vulnerability already, just because of how she looked, her simple clothes, matched with her simple makeup, her youthful glow... she then said just one word... one word only.

 

"Sarang."

 

Vulnerable to love and hopeful of love. That is what that one word meant to everyone who saw her in that moment. No words could describe what or how it happened, she just exuded the right amount of emotions needed at that moment.

 

"Very well done guys! That's all for today... see you on your next acting workshop!" the mentor surprised everyone that it just took them 30 minutes with the workshop.

 

Dara and DO headed back to their respective dorms, DO gets to cook for s, while Dara was still able to enjoy a moment of fun and relaxation with the girls.

 

Months passed, and the two almost forgot that they had a workshop together, they were busy promoting, concerts, fashion shows and a lot of things until one day, they were called once again... and this time, there were only two of them, in the smae room they did their first workshop.

 

"A-anyeonghaseyo." DO greeted while bowing towards Dara who was there already scanning through some pages that seeed like lines for their workshop.

 

"Oh! Annyeonghaseyo! Kyungsoo-ssi!" Dara smiled and waved at him as she gestured for him to take a seat beside her handing him his folder.

 

DO was looking around as if searching for the others.

 

"Sunbaenim, where are the others?" 

 

"We must have been early... just call me Dara-noona." Dara smiled 

 

"N-neh... D-dara-noona." DO uttered with a bit of shyness as he coughed a bit trying to ease the tension he was feeling.

 

MEanwhile, on the other room, YG and SM and the mentor were watching the two interact with each other,

 

"Hmmmm... I am a bit worried...they are awkward individuals... watching them like this makes me squirm!" YG uttered as if wanting to dismiss the idea already

 

"Are you sure you saw something in them to make you believe that they could work as a couple?" SM asked looking at the mentor

 

"Yes... just wait..." the mentor stated as he went out of the room and walked inside the room where the two were.

 

"Hi, we will make this quick, have you memorized the lines?" the two nodded in unison, "...do you understand the situation they are in?" the two nodded again, "...can you execute it... with each other?" the two looked at each other and looked back at the mentor and nodded, "...very well then... start."

 

 The scene was Dara saw DO, her boyfriend, with another girl.

 

Dara was already walking away, as DO gently grabbed a hold of Dara's right arm, stopping her from making a step further away from him, he immediately enveloped her in a tight hug, and with  soft and gentle tone as if in a hush,

 

"Dara... let's not fight." DO then tried to brush his cheek on Dara's head when she tried to push him away,

 

"Then... let go of me!" Dara uttered as she tried to free herself off of DO's loving embrace, she managed to turn herself away from him but never free of him.

 

DO backhugged her with his lips almost near to her ears as he said

 

"No, no I won't! I'd rather receive your beatings and hear you rant than to let you go on your own... I'd rather be here hugging you like this, than leave you to your wild imagination." DO uttered as he twirled Dara around making her face him, his hands on her hips,

 

"Who is she?"  as Dara stared hard at DO's eyes, arms at the side. DO smiled as he brushed a lose strand of hair away from her beautiful face.

 

"She is Mae, I got to work with her on a few projects... and I know what you are thinking... NO! I am not the least bit attracted to her... why would I look elsewhere when I already have you? You are beautiful, you are unique, you are weird and you are mine. " DO smiled as Dara smiled and laid her head on his chest as if it was the most comfortable place of all.

 

On the other room...

 

"I shouldn't be able to feel like this?! I am known to be tough... their scene was a cliche but how come I was affected by it?" YG uttered

 

SM was flipping thought the script looking at it searching for what they shoulde be doing in the scene, the only direction he saw was the backstory that the girl saw her boyfriend with another girl, that was it... no directions or instructions on what to do, all of their movements were impromptu, on the spot.

 

"They have it!" SM uttered in disbelief

 

EXO and 2NE1 was able to witness the scene when they entered the room to greet YG and SM, everyone watching that little scene were all dying of giddiness, they were all curling their hands and feet and fighting the urge to scream out of the oozing chemistry the two were exuding.

 

 

DO and Dara were still staring at each other, waiting for the cue of their mentor to Cut the scene, eyes were sparkling as they were holding each other close, unaware of the effect they were sending out to everyone present in the workshop.