The Cafe Date

The One Who Fascinates Me

     Once inside the the cafe, I am never not amazed and how beautiful it looks.The dim brownish, orange toned lighting is classy, but the tables and modern theme make it more casual since many high schoolers stop by the cafe.

     "Let's find some seats." Jisoo says. We find two small tables placed together and two chairs on each side of the small tables. Being the gentleman Jisoo is, he pulls of the chair for Hyerin and I simply just get into the seat next to hers. Jin sits across from me, and of course Jisoo sits across from Hyerin. "So the usual, Hyerin?"

     "Sure." Hyerin purses her lips and nodds. "What are you thinking Jihye?" The short haired girl turns her head and look at me.

     "I'm not sure...Maybe cheesecake, but there are some other things I might try." I flip through the menu placing my hand near my mouth. I sigh. Patbingsoo, cheesecake, parfait, cake, brownies, muffins, boba tea... I never make an easy choice coming to this place. Flipping through one more page I see almond pudding. I haven't had almond pudding in a while, I'll just get that. "I'll have an almond pudding."

     "Hmm..." Jin furrows his brows as he turns the pages of the menu. "I'll have a patbingsoo." He looks up at us.

     "Great!" Hyerin's face lights up and looks at the group. She leans over the table a bit looking into Jin's eyes. "So, Jin...Do you have any classes with Jihye? You seem to know her."

     "Yeah. We have math together."

     "I see...But you're older, so how it is you have math with Jihye when she's a sophmore?"

     "It just sort of ended up that way. School just messed up my schedule a bit, so the order in which I should be taking classes is a bit weird."

     "Ahh, I've always wondered that myself." I look up at Hyerin and Jin.

     "So Jihye," Jin places his elbow on the table and rests his face on his hand. "What other classes do you take?"

     "Korean literature, chemistry, world history, and drawing and painting."

     "I see. I see you drawing a lot in cl-" He gets cut off at the waiter taking our order. "Ah, Jimin. Hello!"

     A teenage boy of average height with black hair stands in front of our table and greets us. His hair is short and he is wearing a white button up shirt and a black apron that is tied at his waist. His familiar face brings surprise to my expression. So it is the Park Jimin from the track team...

      He looks at our faces and gives an awkward smile. "May I take your order?"

     "Couple parfait please." Jisoo orders.

     "Almond pudding with fruit for me." I tell Jimin.

     "Patbingso for me." Jin says.

     "Okay." Jimin nodds as he writes down our orders. He swiftly walks away. I watch him as he takes the orders to the back. A totally new side to the popular Park Jimin. I'm still confused as to why no one knows about him since this place is so popular...Or maybe they do? I don't keep up with the news in this school, but wait. I'm sure people have told me that he works, I guess no one knows that his dad owns this place.

     "He's on the track team right?" I ask Jin.

     "Yup. He's pretty fast. Varsity track team as well."

     "Ah. So are you friends with him? You seem to know something about him that no one else knows."

     "Yeah, we're pretty good friends. I've known him since he was a freshman. He's pretty cool, popular, good looking, although short." He chuckles.

     I chuckle back as a response. "I don't think he's that short. At the very least his height is average." What's with people's height standards these days? Maybe it's just because I'm short, but I'd consider someone like Jimin normal.

     "I guess."

     I unconciously nodd. Silence fades into the air between us. I look at Hyerin and Jisoo, talking about what's going on in their lives. What to do..."What are some of your hobbies?" Might as well use one of the most basic sentence starters in the book.

     "I like to sing, act, cook...Some general stuff."

     "I wouldn't say those hobbies are general. Not everyone likes to do those same things, but I also like to sing and cook. And I'm sure you've noticed that I draw a lot in class as well." I smile, but that soon fades into a neutral expression. Why did I jump the gun about drawing?! Don't jump to conclusions Jihye! Although I'm sure he said it, but it wasn't clear. I silently scream in my head while pinching my skirt tightly.

     "Maybe we could cook some things for each other? No, maybe too soon?" He laughs in embarrasment.

     "Sure, although my cooking might not be very good. I've cooked for some family members and friends, but even then I don't know how to make a lot of stuff."

     "That's okay, you'll learn more stuff. I make lunches for my dongsaengs a lot. Sometimes I just being them all over."

     "That must be a lot of food."

     "It is. Oh, speaking of food here it is."

     Jimin comes by with a tray balanced on one hand. My almond pudding, with Jin's patbingsoo, and Jisoo and Hyerin's couple parfait. He sets each item down and tells us to enjoy. He looks and Jin and I and slowly starts talking. "I don't mean to disrupt your...meetup, but my hyung's cooking is seriously the best! Like, the best!" He opens his eyes wide open. Jimin pats Jin on the back and gives me a thumbs up. "Even Yoongi hyung eats his cooking, and he rarely eats."

       "Yoongi?" I ask.

       "Oh, he's another one of our friends. He writes music, and sometimes he thinks and works so hard he forgets to eat." Jin explains. Jin's cooking must pretty good, I'd like to try it.

       Jimin continues on about Yoongi. "His music is great though. You should listen to some of his stuff. Ah! What's your name?"

      "Jihye. Kim Jihye."

      "Jihye...I'm pretty sure I've seen you around before, I've seen your paintings in the halls too." He smiles with excitment. "Well didn't mean to intrude, enjoy your food." He bows and backs away.

     "Wow you guys are really hitting if off!" Hyerin pats my back and Jin and softly giggle.

      I guess it's going well. I eat my pudding and Jin eats his patbingsoo deliciously. He looks so cute as he shoves his cheeks full of the cold dessert. Jisoo and Hyerin on the other hand are feeding each other parts of the parfait. They are so lovey dovey. I envy them. But who knows, maybe I'll this date will actually be a success.

     Jin reaches his arms over the table, digs his spoon into my almond pudding and grabs a piece of fruit from my dish. He brings the spoon near his mouth and eats my food. "Mmm. I haven't had this before. It's good."

     "If you wanted some you could just ask." I furrow my brows, slightly irritated by the surprising action.

     "You can have some of mind if you want." he pushes his bowl towards me and I take a large spoonful of his dessert.

     "It's good." I smile. As I finish my dessert, Jin is almost done with his. Jisoo and Hyerin are still giggling and talking about themselves, but they seem to have been done eating for a while. I look at my watch to check the time. It's 4:50. I should get home and relax so I can eat dinner soon.

      "Should we get going?" Jisoo looks at us and smiles. The group nodds and Jimin comes by with a tray to pick up our empty dishes. 

      "Hope you guys come again. I'll see you guys later!" He walks away holding a tray with one arm and waving to us with the other.

      We leave the cafe and we get inside Jin's car. "Who am I taking home first?" 

      "I think Jisoo then I. Jihye lives the farthest from the cafe." Hyerin tells Jin. 

      "Ok." Jin turns his key to start the car and backs out of his parking space and onto the road to take us home. 

       Jin drops off Jisoo and Hyerin. I am the last to get home. Hooray for living the farthest...And hooray for the awkward silence that fills the air of this car. A few moments later I arrive at my house and Jin walks up to the front door. "Thanks for today." I smile slightly and sigh nodding. I really don't know what to say. I had a good time today for the most part. I can't say I'm entirely interested though. As much as I want to love someone, I just don't.  

      "Thank you as well. If you don't mind-" The front door behind me flies open and a loud greeting is said behind me. It was my mother.

      "Jihye, who is this man? I thought you were with Hyerin?"

      Oh dear. Now this is something I'm not used to explaining. "I was with Hyerin, but she invited some friends over. He took me home."

      "Oh, well thank you for taking care of Jihye. I'm her mother. What is your name?"

      "Seokjin. Hello." Jin bows slightly. 

      My mother pulls me in and whispers in my ear, "He's cute. He's a keeper." She grins at me. I push her away and thank Jin again for taking me home. Jin pulls me closer to him and he asks quite the unexpected question. 

      "Would you like to go out again?"

      "Sure." 

--------------------

So this chapter came out a lot later than I had hoped, and not only that, it was poorly written and is full of mistakes. I really wanted this chapter out since I haven't updated in two weeks. I already feel like some ghost or something. :/ I've been busy last week and this week especially because due to my unbelieble procrastination abilities I have a lot of book notes to take for one of my classes. I may be a bit busy next week as well so the next update might not even be out for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I write a better chapter for the next update. ALSO, thanks to my new subscribers and I'm happy that you've come across this story and have decided to subscribe and stay with this story. Thanks to: cookiemonsterkai,  MarquisenamjoonbabeMusic_Gal96taehyungieXDebbieSiro 

And before you start losing hope on this yoongi fic, YOONGI WILL BE INTRODUCED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. Not trying to infer that any of you are impatiently waiting, but if I'm looking for a yoongi fic and yoongi isn't even in within the first two or three chapters I sort of want to give up, given that I am a very impatient person, but of course I stay to read it. (I mean it's a Yoongi fic come on, of couse I'm going to read it.)