Phone Number

The One Who Fascinates Me

      The bright sunlight peeked through the plain white roller shades and wake Jihye's from her slumbering state. Ugh, mornings. She clicks the button on the side of her phone to check for messages. She scrolls through her SNS, instagram, and whatever random games she has on there. Especially checking 'Neko Atsume,' her latest obsession. After many moments she decides to get out of bed. Jihye checks the time on the pink digital clock. 7:08 am. Better get out of bed. Eyes half open she drags her feet to the bathroom.

      The sounds of running water fill the bathroom as she wets her toothbrush topped with toothpaste. Brush, brush, brush. She rinses her toothbrush and washes her face to wake her up only to realize what had happened the day before. 

"Would you like to go out again?"

"Sure."

      Her face goes bright red as she remembers the moment which had occured yesterday. "You said yes, Jihye. Why?!"

      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      I drag my feet out of the bathroom once again. Do I like him? I mean he's cute and nice and an overall comfortable guy to be around...Is this a crush?  Sighing, I get dressed into my uniform and brush my hair. "Should I look nice today?" I walk back into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I turn and turn again. My brown hair swings shoulder to shoulder as I tilt my head in various angles. 

      "Jihye!" 

      "Coming!" I grab my bag and run down the stairs. Before I head out the door, I grab a slice of bread with jelly on it and tell my mother goodbye. The thoughts of Seokjin overtake every thought in my mind with every step I take down the sidewalk. "Would you like to go out again? Would you like to go out again? Would you like to go out again?" I repeat the question frantically as if I were trying to decipher a puzzle. It really shouldn't be so difficult. If you like him you say yes. If you don't you say no.  I lift the heels of my feet off the concrete and do that repeatedly to bob up and down. As I wait for the light across the crosswalk to allow me to move ahead, I start to think about what assignments or tests are coming up to get the thought of Jin off my mind. The light switches from the red hand and I proceed to walk. Within a couple more turns I reach the gates of the school and enter. 

     Walking inside my classroom the students are rowdy as always. Regardless of it being the morning, the students still manage to channel their energy to converse and run around. I sit down in my chair and sigh. "It's quite sunny today. Very unlike yesterday."

     "Yeah, I guess that's a nice thing." The short haired girl turns around to look at me, one corner of raised up, giving me a haughty 'something happened yesterday' look.  "How was the ride home?"

     Right...The ride home. What do say? Awkward? Or do I mention the date invite after a simple cafe meetup? "Boring, awkward, quiet. You know I don't talk much, Hyerin." I lean back in my chair and look out the window to avoid anymore questions. 

      "Well you two were conversing pretty well at the cafe..." She pouts and turns to the front to finish yesterday's homework which she had forgotten to do yesterday. 

      My hands fumble at the zipper of my bag that sits on the side of my desk. I pull out my notebook for this class along with the homework that was due today. I check through my phone and play Neko Atsume waiting for the school bell to ring, and rumage through my notebook mindlessly until the school bell finally rings. The teacher collects the homework that Hyerin had luckily finished. When my first period was over it was off to my second class of the day. 

      I make my way to my Chemistry class and do the same as I had previously done. I pull out my homework and listen to a typically boring lecture which today, had been on the bonding of atoms. The class had finished early and I had packed up and sat quietly in my seat until the bell rang. It was nice until I realized which class I had next. Math. The thoughts of Seokjin overrun every thought and every little thing I thought of. The bell rings and I walked over to my math class. 

     Seokjin leans on his desk talking to our classmates. My feet hurried across the tile floor over to my seat and I turned my head away from the direction of him. Don't make it awkward, Jihye you idiot! I once again pull out my homework and start working. Slowly my head drifts into sleep as the teacher boringly teaches us the lesson for today. I forget about Seokjin and just drift away until someone taps on my shoulder. My eyes pop open and I look to the side. A tall figure stands beside me and moves his chair to the side of my desk. "Hello..." I blink harshly and rub my eyes slightly.

     "This is why you have trouble in this class." The male's gentle smile sets my heart fluttering.

     "I get it...I just got bored at the end of the lesson." I flip through the math textbook and open my notebook to being working. I look through all the number and new functions that I didn't get while I was sleeping and tap my pencil on my notebook page in confusion. My eyes wander off into various parts of the room, back to my empty lined sheet of paper, and then at Seokjin who's rapidly working through the problems. I sit up to get a peek of what he's doing to possibly understand. He catches my wandering eyes and and smirks.

     "Confused?"

     "Maybe." I pout and look away from him in embarassment. 

     He moves his notebook more towards me and starts to explain the whole lesson to me. I take in the image of his plump lips and eyes. He points to things on the page to which I don't even pay attention as I would much rather give my attention to his handsome profile. I snap out of my little world and look towards the page and take in the information. 

     "So then when you plug it in you should get around 47.834," Seokjin looks up at me and I nodd. "so then all you need to is round up to get 48." 

     I nodd again with lightly blushed cheeks as he smiles again. "I'll try some problems and I'll asked you about it if I need help." I solve each problem with ease and check with the answer key in the front of the class. I smile and whisper a 'yes' to myself. I go back to my seat and the bell rings to signal the end of the class and the start of lunch. 

     Jin packs up his bag and notebook. "Can you meet me after school today? At the front."

     "Sure. Why?" I look up at him in surprise 

     "You'll find out then. I'll see you later. "He takes his bag and walks out the door.

      I take my bag as well and rush out the door. I walk out to the tree that Hyerin and I would always eat lunch at. Just then I recieved a text from Hyerin. 

      "I'm having lunch with Jisoo today. I'm sorry Jihye. ;3;"

      I sigh and proceed to the large tree at the back of the school. The bright sunlight hits my face and the laughs of boys could be heard from the track a short distace away from where I was headed. The shade of the tree looks very pleasant, so I make my way there quickly. The tree is large with thick branches that loom over me. It lets very little sunlight through it's leaves. I pull out my lunch and begin eating. I look through my SNS accounts for anything random. A sigh finds its way through my mouth and I set my phone down. I'm bored. There isn't anything interesting. I look around and I see Jimin running toward me. 

      He stands next to me panting as he had just gotten back from a few laps with his friends. "Aw, I wanted to surprise the artist."

      "Artist?"

      "Yeah. Don't you have a bunch of drawings out in the halls? The really cool, realistic ones. "

      "Oh, the portraits. Yeah, a couple of those are mine. " I look up at him and answer quietly. I look back down flattered that he called me an artist and even bothered to remember that I had drawn those. People don't usually take notice in those displays. "I'm surprised you even made the connection or remebered the artist of some of those portraits."

       The black haired boy laughed brightly. It was a pleasant and cute laugh. "I like to appreciate the art in display. So much work goes into it and often it just goes unnoticed. I like to do a bit of drawing myself, so I just think it'd be nice if someone were to notice my art." Jimin sat down next to me and took a slice of my kimbab. "This is good. Did you make it?"

      "I did. I you wanted one you should have asked. Don't you have your own lunch?" I furrowed my brows irritated at his action. Who does he think he is? 

      "I forgot it at home, and I forgot to bring money for bread." He scratches the back of his head letting out nervous laughter. 

      "That's fine then. Here, " I nudge my lunchbox to him. "I won't even finish it all."

      "Seriously?! Thanks Jihye...Oh I mean Jihye-ssi." He bows his head. He's quite formal.

      "It's fine. Oh and Jihye's just fine too. No need to be formal. "

      "Ugh, so in my World History class we have to do an assignment on history of sports or music or whatever. Like different civiliations and their music or sports. Not to mention we have to be creative and use something outside of just a presentation. Maybe I'll interview Yoongi-hyung or something."

      "Bleh. I don't like assignments like those? Is it a group assigment?" It sounds like a terrible project. And World History, hopefully not from the same teacher as me, but it most likely is from the same since we are in the same grade. I cried on the inside and I haven't even gotten the assignment yet. 

      "It is. But still ." He takes a piece of chicken and stands back up. He stretches his arms and turns his body to look at me. "Hey,"

      I look up at surprise after I fill my mouth with a piece of kimbab.

      "would it be okay if I interviewed you?"

      I quickly chew while holding up my index finger so I can give him an answer, but after long moments of me chewing I eventually just nodd.

      "Thanks Jihye-ss- oh, I mean Jihye. Have a good rest of your lunch." Jimin pinches my cheeks and runs back to the track to wear his friends are. "Seokjin-hyung is also a really good guy!" He shouts and waves to me as he runs. A smile creeps up on my face and I finish my lunch and pack up. 

      Making my way to my art class I decide to look through the displays and other artwork in the gallery. Maybe Jimin has some stuff here. I see mosaics, paintings, pencil drawings (including my portraits), and some ink pen drawings as well. I walk through, but find nothing of Jimin's. Maybe he doesn't take any art classes. I go into my classroom and today my teacher is missing, but he has the assignment written on the board. 

      "Nature. Draw anything from nature. Due next Friday." 

      I'm not sure on what to draw. My head turns to the left and right trying to find something to draw from what is visible from the window in front of me. Suddenly I think of the tree I would typically eat next to. The old, yet strong tree that keeps me shaded from the sun each day allowing me to eat in comfort. I start to sketch its trunk and branches and then start to draw out the leaves. Before I even finish the leave the class ends and I head onto my independent study hour. 

      I find an empty spot in the halls to sit and do work since I don't want to be in a mostly empty class with few other independent study students. I pull out my notebook, but leave it closed. I don't want to work today. Instead I pull out my sketchbook and draw out the leaves from my tree. I lightly brush my pencil onto the page creating each leaf. From a distance I hear the muffled sounds of music within the halls. 

      "I like that, your long, straight hair...our BGM is the sound of breathing..." These are the lyrics I hear from the overly loud music playing from a set of earbuds in a brunette's ear as he walks by mouthing the lyrics. He looks down at his phone, and moves his head along to the music. His black and white sneakers brush against my bag causing the boy to stop his actions and look in my direction. "I'm sorry." He bows and moves slightly farther away, so he doesn't touch my bag again. The brown haired boy walks away wandering around listening to his music. 

      "Why does he to listen to his music so loudly? He's going to get in trouble." I scoff. I look down at my sketchbook and start shading the light sketch of my tree. I contour certain branches and shade the darker areas and blend. After an hour of shading the bell rings and I make my way toward my last period. The dreaded class of World History. 

      As soon as I get inside I recieve a paper containing the rubric for this week's group project. Oh, crap! No.... I sigh in annoyance knowing that this group project is going to be quite a pain in my . The moment the bell rings he takes no chance in hesitating and dives straight in. 

      "So today we'll be doing something a little different, but it should help you guys out in creating a more creative presentation. For this presentation we'll be doing the history of sports, arts, or music. You could even do both if you like, but what you need to do is research the different sports and/or music in any of the past civilizations you've learned about and tell me why it's important. Pretty simple, but you can't just do a presentation with slides and some pictures. Try something new. Like a video or like a song to tell us the information. Be creative and don't bore us. That's it. Groups of no more than four, due next week Tuesday. Go!"

      After the explanation I create a group with my tablemates and decide we should do a video of sorts. "What should we put in the video? Or rather what are we doing? Sports, arts, or music?" Quite frankly I never get much say in these decisions, but then again I don't really mind. 

      "I want sports!" One member of the group shouts.

      "Me too. Me too." A muffle of voices agree to sports. 

      "I guess we'll do sports then. Let's think of ideas for the video." We sit down in silence and an interview comes into mind. Jimin was talking about it today. Well if he interviews me I get to interview him too...Right? "What if we interview an athelete for our video? I have someone in mind."  

      "Sounds good. But who will we be interviewing?" One group member asks.

      "Park Jimin of the track team. I'll ask him what makes him want to keep running or something. Let's write up questions for the interview." I feel a bit pushy, so I decide to try and get input from my peers. "Is there anything else you guys want to do? For the presentation or the video? Or anything else?"

      Silence fills the air around us so I take that as a 'no' from them. We research our respective civiliations' or areas' sports and find things in common. We decided to continue this tomorrow and do some slight research tonight. We pack up our stuff and the bell rings so we make our way out of the classroom. 

      Walking through the halls to the front door I remembered that I had to meet Jin for something. I see his tall figure leaning on the pillar outside and I walk out to meet him. I stand in front of him and greet him. "Hello, sunbae-nim" Jin had looked up at me and my heart skipped a beat. I had froze completely and I was utterly still from that point on. 

      "Hello, Jihye. So yesterday...I asked you out on a date, and you accepted. So...What's your number?" He pulls out his phone and gives me a coy smile. How cute...Even someone like him gets shy.

      "It's xxx-xxx-xxxx. Yours?" I smile at him shyly.

      "Wait a moment." Seokjin types in my number and taps the screen many times more. 

      A ding is sounded from my phone and the text reads "Does this Saturday sound good?" I smile with my teeth showing and I reply back to him with text. "Sounds great."  We walk across the street and Jin and I part ways. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So I did promise Yoongi in this chapter and there was, but there wasn't much. I actually wanted to shove a bunch of Yoonmin moments in this chapter, but that would have moved this story way too fast and I could have, but then the story would have seemed even more unrealistic than it already is. :/ Anyway I wrote like a madman for this chapter since I haven't updated in almost 4 weeks due to writer's block and I almost thought about giving up. Like it was only chapter two and I felt like this. Usually I don't write stories for this reason, but I have a nice outline written for the next couple of chapters. I feel better about it know. 

This chapter is also a lot longer than my other two. I feel like I could merge the first two chapters into one chapter, but I probably won't. I'll just leave it alone and have my uneven chapter lengths. I'm not sure why this one is so much longer. I guess it's because I had a lot to talk about in this chapter. I actually feel like it's better to have long chapters, but that's just me. I love long fanfic chapters. Anyway, lots of Yoongi and Jimin in the next chapter unlike this one which had very little Yoongi. I'm super excited to write about his character. 

Enough rambling. Thanks to my new subscribers and to my past subscribers for staying subscribed! Thanks new subscribers: waddyrocksPwoperSethEunMi219-OnyuuFLOWERCAFESandravictoriaka_cella_taeAnInfiniteDemigod, and MissingLove