A Joke?

The Monster Within Me

     I placed my head on the desk alone as everyone is out for an event. From a distance, all the girls were fangirling over the new transfer student, and there isn’t anything interesting about it. I hear something hit the floor a few feet from me and I quickly look up to be seeing Taehyung by the door.

 

“What are you doing here,” I asked and got up to walk towards him.

 

“I have to ask you the same,” he wanted to take off his mask.

 

“You’re not supposed to be here,” I turned him around and walked out.

 

“Then you aren’t either,” he turned to me.

 

Your right, I thought and looked the other direction, what’s the point of being here?

 

“I was right,” his deep voice makes my skin crawl, “and there is no point of being here since we both are different.”

 

“What are you,” I looked at him.

 

He takes off his mask and looks into my eyes, “I’ll just say, someone I can trust at the moment.”

 

“That’s not an answer.”

 

I pay too much attention to Taehyung that other students were coming inside the building.

 

“You have to go before...”

 

 “Hey who’s that,” one of a student in my class pointed out, “Why does he look like that? Does he go here? Is he a killer?”

     His eyes widen and I forgot that he has to wear his mask that was held in his hand. I snatched it from his hand and stuffed it in his face. I looked into her eyes to make her forget that he was here. I walked with him, trying to avoid others near us. It’s all my fought for this commotion, I thought locking other doors within the school.

 

“It’s actually my fought,” Taehyung said, “I broke into the school actually.”

 

My eyes widen, there’s no more talking Taehyung. I have to get you out fast.

“Yeah, sorry about everything,” he wanted to turn to me.

Right at an exit, I sense the transfer student near me and I wanted to rush quicker before he saw me.

 

“Hey you,” the transfer student said, coming closer to me and as Taehyung turned the corner.

 

“Wait,” I shouted but actually stopped time where Taehyung looked back at me.

How did I do that, I thought to myself, what am I?

 

“I’m sure you’ll understand what you have,” Taehyung said, “But I’m sorry for the cause really.”

 

“But…”

     He disappeared out of nowhere and time went back as it was. Still that transfer student was coming towards me and I looked down at my hands. What else can I do, I thought to myself as I starred at the wall ahead of me.


            It gets darker as I walked to be seeing two high scholar boys bullied an innocent boy their age. I haven’t eaten in a while, I thought through while walking towards them. As I was about to kill them, Taehyung killed them before I could even reach them. He puts a smile on his face and from behind, I sensed someone watching us. I looked back and the shadow figure ran away. I teleported my way to this shadow and punched this figure. The human knocks down to the ground and his nose starts to bleed. I bend down on my knees and looked into his eyes, fear came to be. My heart started throbbing as the streetlights shine down and my mind became blank. He stands up to be saying something to me but I couldn’t understand it what it was. My legs started to move closer to him as he backs up slowly. I could tell that my eye color was changing and my skin boils for something tasty. I placed my hands on his cheeks and I started to place my lips on his neck, but something holds me back. I look to be seeing Taehyung saying something to this transfer student.

 

“I’m sorry about this, umm… she’s just tired and hungry,” Taehyung said to him, “I’ll just take her home from here.”

 

“Do you go to our high school,” the transfer student question, “because I don’t see you around her all the time. Let’s see your face too by the way. Wait do you know my name too.”

 

“Not really, I go to a different school actually,” Taehyung said, “Your name is Daehyun, right? Well we’ll just get going.”                                                                                                                                                

     Taehyung dragged me along with his shoulders over me. Daehyun is his name, I thought to myself as if I were drunk, where the hell was I when I didn’t know his name. Where the hell am I going? Wait do I even know where we are? Taehyung looked at me.

 

“Stop thinking to yourself, alright. You’re going to my place since you seem uneasy as of now. And I have no clue where we are.”

 

I stopped to look at Daehyun and to put my finger on Taehyung’s lips, “Shhh he’ll tell the others about us. Haha wait there is no us. Hahahaha.”

My wrist was pulled back and I looked to be starring at Daehyun.

 

“She’s coming home with me now. I don’t care what you say dude.”

 

“Look I got to take her home with me since she doesn’t really talk about you much and that she isn’t feeling well,” Taehyung starts to raise his voice, “I’m warning you right now, if you don’t just walk away like nothing never happen, your life will be done.”

 

“I don’t even know you dude,” Daehyun laughs and looks up to the dark cold sky, “I’m sure it isn’t that hard to take her home. I’ll take her home safely than you doing so. You think your able to end my life right here, well here let me say, how would that be possible? Haha you’re so full of it right now are you.”

 

Things weren’t going to end right between them. I looked at Taehyung and the only thing I saw, was a smirk on his face.

 

He walks up to Daehyun and grabs onto his shirts, “You think this is a joke, huh?”

 

“Taehyung lets just go home now,” my voice hesitates which wasn’t normal, “Just leave him be. I’ll pay for dinner huh.”

 

He then pushed Daehyun, and steps back, “Ha you’re lucky this time. Next time I’m sure you’ll be crushed into pieces before eating a meal.”

 

I grabbed onto Taehyung’s arm and started dragging him along, walking away from Daehyun. That’s not you Taehyung, I thought to myself, what’s wrong with you? It gets darker than before and, we both walked to my apartment. Some reason my legs stopped before reaching the entrance of the other apartments.

 

“Why the hell did you stop,” Taehyung stop to look me, “Isn’t this your place?”

 

“What the hell got into you?” I questioned, “You seem so different.”

 

     He walks towards me as I do the same, “I’m not anything different within this world. I may have to wear this in mask for my whole life but that won’t change me. I may be different from who you met but you haven’t seen the other side of me. You only saw the other half. So go home and I’ll be back by tomorrow.”

 

“I didn’t ask for a whole in speech ok,” I yelled, “You have no rights to tell me what and what I can’t do. I’m already here, and that means you can leave right now. I didn’t tell you to stay with me, did I? You don’t have be here tomorrow since I’m a very busy person. We don’t need to see each other 24/7. Now are we done here?”

He walks away and I finally took a breath from a long saying. I walk inside my apartment and saw Taehyung inside.

 

“Can’t I get any privacy?!?!”  



I know this has too many diolouge but it has a lot of info for you guys to understand. Haha its 1:10am, I got to sleep. Enjoy^^