The Man I Once Saw

The Monster Within Me

I looked at my hands where it was covered in blood. I than looked up to be seeing myself in my reflection.

Many hands cover up my face as blood ran down the mirror. People screaming my name and people crying out loud.

"Stop," I say, "I said S T O P!!!"

Everything disappears as I'm back to where I met him. His hands held mines so tight, I didn't want to let go.

"When I die, Jin," he spoked, "Promise me that you'll be happy without me."

"What are you talking about," I questioned.

"I know what you are Jin."

A long air of silence goes through between us.

"H-how did you know?" I looked up at him as we stopped.

"Let me ask you a question before I answer yours," he says, "Did you ever loved me, Jin?"

"Of course I did, stop with this nonsense, Daehyun."

"How come you let me figure out what you are," he says yet again, "People are looking all over for you and you expect me to be with you."

"Your not going to save me from them, are you?"

He lets go of my hands and walks away.

"I'm still the same girl as before. That other side of me isn't," I yelled.

"So when will you show me your true self," he questions.

"Not now, and maybe not ever."

"Then, we weren't meant to be, Jin."


I walk to the market where people walked around in to catch my next prey. Prey, prey, prey, I thought as I found one. I quickly snatched a guy and tear him into pieces where it only looked like animal meat. I looked behind as Taehyung stood in front of me. He quickly grabbed my wrist and placed it on the wall.

"What are you doing," I questioned.

 

His head comes towards mines as I looked away a bit, "just playing around with you that's all."

 

"Very funny," I lied, "What do you want really?"

 

"There's something I need to tell you Jin."

 

"Well," I looked at him.

 

"It maybe too quick but," he pauses, "I sense something of you that I can't stop thinking about."

 

"Your not some type of werewolf, are you?"

 

"No but I've imprinted on you for some reason."

 

"What are you saying Taehyung?"

 

"From the first day we met something hit me that we had a thing together. I can see it in our future, I swear."

 

"You've chosen the wrong girl to so call imprint on," I said. "Your not even a werewolf for crying out loud."

 

I walked away as he grabbed onto my wrist again.

 

"Leave me alone," I shouted as my hunger digs in.

 

He backs away from me, "I'm sorry to tell you so soon."

 

"Just leave me alone for now, please."

 

I walk into a building where it was abandon. I sense something nearby that smelled like fresh blood. I know this blood, I thought as I keep walking to find it. I stopped and looked down an alley as blood trails away until the end. It stops to end up being Daehyun. I looked through inside his body as his temperature level drops including his heart. Let him die, my thoughts kept telling me. I grabbed onto his body and placed it over my shoulder as I quickly carried him to my apartment. I placed him on the sofa and grabbed a blanklet. I then grabbed a warm bowl of water and a cloth and placed it on his head. what the hell am I doing, I thought as I looked at him scraching my hair, I don't know anything about this. I bent down and placed my hand on his head to dig down his memory of what happened.

 

He walks through the night all by himself as nothing happens and suddenly a drip of blood comes out of no where.

He looks down at the reflection of the water, where blood drips from his face.

A man in a mask, looks at him as his long arms started to open up his insides.

A group of gang members came by and so the man with the mask left him to die there.

 

I moved my hand off of Daehyun's head. There was only one way to save his life. I placed my lips on his for his cuts to fully heal and to warm up his body. My eyes get watery as many memories hit me more than ever. My body and soul wanted more of him but deep down, we couldn't be together. His eyes opened as I still healed him and he pushed me away.

"What are you doing to me," he quickly stood up his body.

 

"I saved your life at least." I got up and walked into my kitchen. "Now get out."

 

He removes the blanket and lifts up his shirt to see no more cuts, "how did you do it?"

 

"You can at least say thank you, you know?"

 

"Well," he pauses, "Thank you."

 

My heart starts throbbing as those words hit me.

 

"I owe you someday, Jin."

 

"You know my name," I questioned.

 

"It says it on your wall right there." He points at the words.

 

I walk to him and placed warm water in front of him, "your gonna need it before you go."

 

"Why did you even take me in your house?" He grabs the cup. "How did you even get me here when I was all the way in Gangnam?"

 

"I had some help that's all," I lied.

 

"Well I thank you for saving me."

 

"Since your healed up, you may leave now," I said.

 

"You want me to leave you that bad?"

 

"No, I mean yes please," I quickly said.

 

"But I can't."

 

"Why is that?"

 

"Because your the most beautiful woman that saved my life."

 

"I'm sure there's more girls out there, you've mistaken."

 

I grabbed his cup and he grabs onto my wrist, "I really mean it Jin."

 

It's coming back to haunt me again, I thought and looked down at his hand.

 

"I'm speechless to be honest."

 

He smiled away as my heart throbbed hard. I dropped the cup and held my chest where my heart was. No my form he can't see it, I quickly thought and saw my hands change. I placed them behind me.

 

"Are you okay, Jin," he got up.

 

"I'm fine," I lied, "Make yourself at home, I'll be out for a bit."

 

I quickly walked out of my apartment and ran. My heart beated harshly as my body started to form. I went inside a tunnel where people go into and calmed myself in there. A big thump came from where I was and it was Taehyung.

"I knew you'd be here," he said.

 

"Why did you do it to him?"

 

"Do what?"

 

"You nearly killed him,"I yelled as my voice changed.

 

"I almost had him you know."

 

I quickly ran to him and perice my nails into Taehyung, "you only wanted him to die because of me, did you?"

 

He grunted and blood came out, "It was better than nothing though. Like I said, your mine and mine only Jin."

 

I periced into him even more, "I'm not Y O U R S !!!"

 

I looked deeply to see that he stopped breathing. I removed my nails and slowly transformed back as a human. I fell on my knees and examine his body where every bone were crushed and poison spread like a virus.

 

"Taehyung I'm sorry."

 

He coughed, "I'll be fine. I heal easily but this would take days."

 

"Don't hurt Daehyun again, you hear me?"

 

"Got it," he spit out blood.

 

I grabbed onto his hoodie and dragged it to the wall where he lead on. I looked at him smile at me and I walked away. He grabbed onto my hand.

 

"Your still mines," he smirks.


I walk into class and there Daehyun stood with a box of chocolate. Funny to see him carry such things, I thought as I walked over to my desk and putted my head down. Moments later, his voice calls out my name and I looked up. Just like every scene, he hands me the box of chocolate and sits in front of me. I stilled starred at him as his lips talk. Hearing nothing was something that was confusing since I always had good ears but my mind went blank and felt different.

"Would you," he questions.

 

"I'm sorry what did you say?" I lifted my body up and sat straight. 

 

"Go with me out on a date?"

 

I can't, as my mind went blank as someone didn't finish writing a story, but...  

 

"Aww why does it have to be that girl," one of the girl whispers.

 

"She's nothing but a dirty girl," another one whispers as she looks at my uniform, "she can't even answer his question."

 

My mind goes all over the place as memories of my past came.

 

Many centuries ago in the Joseon Era at age 7...

 

They all threw paper and food at me as I handed him a gift.

They all knew that deep down, something was stupid about a girl like me.

They wanted me as a victim.

But however, they never knew how to kill me.

"She's giving him a gift, what a ugly girl like you."

"She can't even eat properly like us."

"She's such a low life person."

"She's giving the crown prince something that could kill him."

"She's not like us."

I look up to him walking away from me and tears slowly started to form in my eyes.

"Leave me alone," my little nails grew and scratched one noble's daughter, where little blood came out from her cheeks.

They all ran as I sat there crying, crying away to escape the outcomes I held onto.

A monster that started to grow within me.

 

 

"Well.." one of the girls loudly said.

 

His eyes still looked at me, I hated them.

 

"No," I got up from my seat, "I don't plan on going out on a date with you Daehyun."

 

"You don't want to because your just a about it," one of the boys said.

 

"Why, is it because you can't even do it," a girl quickly says, "Gosh what an ."

 

"You know what," I punched the desk as it broke in half, "I promise until this day you don't have to see me anymore."

 

"But.." Daehyun spoked.

 

I walked out of the class and continued to do so. Later as I was walking, someone grabbed onto my wrist.

 

"I'm sorry for asking," he said.

 

"Don't mention it."

 

"But really I'm...."

 

"I SAID IT'S FINE," my blood starts to boil up, "NOW PLEASE LET ME BE!"

 

He lets go as I walked out of the school and suddenly tears started to slip away from my eyes to my cheeks. Your going to be okay, I thought as I keep wiping my tears. I looked down as I continued to walk and suddenly bumpped my head onto someone.

 

"I'm sorry," I said and bowed.

 

"Who made you cry," a voice said.

 

I looked up and it was Taehyung. My eyes grew bigger.

 

"No one did," I lied.

 

"Stop lying to me Jin," He takes off his mask. "Even if I'm partially blind, it won't stop me from killing someone."

 

"Really no one made me cry and I'm fine."

 

"It was him," he looked across from my head.

 

I turned my body as Daehyun stood a few feet away from us.

 



Hope you guys enjoy this chapter I guess lololol.

Subscribe,

Comment

And Vote!