The Untouchables

The Monster Within Me

     Petty humans, I thought as I was on my way to school, with high knee length black socks with a uniform on, but they stare at me like a criminal. I tried to make friends when I was a little girl but they killed me with disgusting comments. Maybe I am a criminal, eating people like a piece of cake and not caring for this time period. I’m the only last kind of my generation and I have to make it last with another, so it keeps going. It came to be lunch time, and I the only one, was reading an interesting book. As a boy passes by me, my insides started pounding, and my eyes become sharper as I saw him sit down in his chair. My teeth pops out of my gums and my eyes turn red as the red moon. I quickly got up and ran to the girls’ bathroom and, locked the door behind me. I looked in the mirror where it cracked and broke out into pieces. My nails grew longer and I scratch the walls and stalls, leaving deep scratch marks. I placed my hands on the sink and looked in the other cracked mirror. What the hell are you, don’t you understand, you’re an ugly monster, voices ran through my head. My eyes turned back to its original color, my nails did the same, and my teeth were straight as it was before. I picked up my book and ran to class as I heard the school bell ring. The teacher left to go somewhere, maybe a coffee break. I sat my head down on my arm, and looked left to where the window is. A soccer field full of students playing a decent game and I’m in school learning a lot more than expected. But as I do, my hearing hears everything a mile away.

 

"Oh my god, did you hear the news," one girl says to her friends, "He died so young, like our age."

 

"I heard he was my other friend’s boyfriend," her other friend said, "It’s gross that it wants to keep eating us."

 

"I know right like I really hope it won’t be one of us," the third one said in their little circle, "It’s so disgusting how it eats us well maybe it could form itself to a human."

 

Chattering and mumbling away, I hear someone coming towards me and so I quickly looked up to be staring at him again. His eyes shine as if it were the moonlight at sea but mines were too cold to look at them.

 

"Hey," he smiled at me.

 

My nails dug deep into my palms, "Um…hello."

 

"Aren’t you the president of the senior class this year?"

 

"Sure, why not, unless you got the wrong person," I lied.

 

"Are you able to show me things around the school?"

 

"Please excuse me," as I got up from my seat and left out of class.

 

     I needed it, I need it now, as I walk quickly to the bathroom. My skin boiled in lava of hunger, and teeth drool to have more soon. I lock myself in the bathroom stall, and I took out a piece of human flesh and bit on it really hard to the point where it was cut deep. Tears ran down from my eyes as I heard random voices in my head, "SHUT UP! GET AWAY FROM ME! LEAVE ME ALONE!" The bathroom door opens to the girl in my class, "Is anyone in here?" There came a silence between us as I slowly lift up my feet. "Good, I need to change some things." She locks the bathroom door and goes down to a stall down further than mines. I slowly open my stall and crack the mirrors in pieces. A grasp came from her stall as if she was afraid.

 

"Hello?"

 

"It’s your worst nightmare."

 

     As the toilet flushes from her stall and I changed my form a little bit and, climb up the wall with my long nail and my body hang upside down like the grudge. She looks around and around and shrugs her shoulders, "it was me just hearing things." I crawl where she was and heavy saliva came down from my mouth, dripping in front of her. She looks up and sees me smiling down at her. I drop down her level and as she’s about to scream, I gush and watch her fall down to the floor. I changed my form into a human and, her eyes stare at me as I’m kneeing down next to her.

 

"Aren’t you the special one," I smiled, "But don’t worry though, you’ll be in a better place. Any last words before you go?"

 

"Go to hell!"

     My eyes widen bigger as my nails grew longer. I pierced my nails through and watched her bleed to death. The blood drains into the drainer of the bathroom and I wash myself up. I then unlock the bathroom door and ran to tell a teacher. Students and teachers covered up the girls’ bathroom to see everything as I walk away from them. There he was, heading straight towards me but I keep walking without losing my balance.

 

"Hey did you hear what happened," as he looks over my head.

 

"Yeah, maybe she deserved it though," I looked back, "So where do you want to start?"

 

He had a distinguish face and looks at me, "What do you mean she deserved it? Did you know who did it? Were you the one who did this to that poor innocent girl? Are you crazy!?"

 

"I don’t need to waste my time on this stupid . Do you want the free tour or not? You could just ask someone else you know," I yelled angrily.

 

"Hey look, I’m sorry for assuming that it was you," he looked into my eyes, "I’m just freaked out at the moment."

 

"Find someone else," I looked away from his eyes, "I’m not even the president of the senior class."

 

"Then who is?"

 

"It was that girl," I looked where the crowd was standing, "She’s the one for your answers."

 

"How come you didn’t tell me when we first met?"

 

"We didn’t even meet you see, we only just talked. There’s a difference, you know."

 

"Well, I’m…," he paused.

 

"Shut it. I don’t even want to hear it out of you," as I walk away from him but my heart pounds hard from my chest and I look back at him, "What do you want from me!"

 

     My voice gets louder than before as everyone looks at my direction. I turn around and walk away as fast as I could. I ended up outside where no one stood from, even though I wasn’t supposed to be here. I grabbed onto my uniform shirt as my heart thumps harder. What’s wrong with me, I thought as I hit the ground. My skin boils on fire as if I were becoming something new to this world, what it is. My vison starts to become blurry and I see a person out by the window with a mask covering only his eyes, looking at me. I closed my eyelids for a few second and I see tennis shoes in front of me and as I looked up, it was him again. I got up feeling dizzy, and walked away as I could. I blinked my eyes a few times but everything was all blurry, and it was too difficult to see and my insides hurt even more. I only took a few steps and fell back to the ground again. I see him walking towards me as my eyelids close for good.

     I slowly open my lids into a darker path as lights shine down each corner while I’m being carried by someone. Then close my eyes again, and open them again. Many doors open and I was placed on a soft grey bed where the figure left the room. It’s so comfortable, I thought as I hope this were a dream.

     Hours or maybe days later, I finally open my eyelids to be lying on a strangers bed and in an unknown room. I lifted my body up and there he was, sitting on a chair 3-4 feet away from my feet. I grasp softly and heard a snore from him. It was confusing at the moment but I slowly got out of the bed and tip toe quietly to the bedroom door out. To know it, he grabbed onto my wrist and my nails grew longer on my other hand. He quickly got up and I cut through inside his body as I sense something wrong. I took my nails out of him as he stood there, and had a smirk on his face, while backs up from me.

 

"What are you," I questioned as I look at his blood from my hand.

 

     He puts his right hand on his wound and harshly sits back on the chair. We both heard noises from above as if someone was trying to break in, and he got back up while I took a few steps back from him. He went out the bedroom door and as of my eyesight could see him take off the mask from his eyes and stared into men’s eyes. As I look closer, there I heard screaming and crying.

 

"Ahhhhh...," one yelled, "Please my arm, your breaking it. I don’t want to die yet."

 

     As I got into details about the man, he wasn’t getting hurt physically, he’s just imaging what’s supposed to be expected of him. Minutes later, he didn’t do anything to them, but only gave them disturbing images for them to experience. Suddenly, my body thought it wasn’t right for him to keep torturing them, and not take them down as they are supposed to. I teleported over to where he was and there he stood there and pressured the humans more.

 

"You can stop here, Taehyung," as I knew his name from a vison of the past, "Leave them alone or else I’ll just do something to you."

 

     He pushes me aside as if he was trying to understand something. Wait, I thought, he's was trying to understand his power and maybe his eyes were the main source to give someone an image that horrifies them deeply. I try pushing him away from it getting worst but instead, I cut the throats of the men and devour all of them quickly. I then placed my cold soft hands on Taehyung’s cheeks and looked into his eyes, to be seeing a black figure shape monster and everything all dark and cold. I walk closer as I looked into his eyes and touched the black figure monster, where it transformed into a dragon.

 

"It’s okay to suffer alone little one. We all have our past to deal with and everything will be alright. I promise that everything will be okay," I the dragon's head, "My parents died because of them and until this day, I dislike everything about them. You see, we’re the same, you don’t have to be afraid anymore."

 

     As I saw his face again, his eyes starred down to my lips. He leads his lips towards mines, but I backed up from him. Tears slowly ran down my his eyes and he gave me a soft warm smile. I smiled but I sense something wrong about him. He was losing too much of his power, that suddenly, he fainted too soon.