Chapter 1

The Gifted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   




 

               Chapter 1







 

Present (Year: 2086) 9 Years Later: Sulli’s POV

 

    “Annyeonghasayo (Hello), my name is Sulli. Ummmm… It’s my third year in Korea and I’ve came from an international school. Please take care of me!” Sulli nervously spoke and bowed in front of the class. She made a shy smile.

 

    Today was Sulli's first day at SeongWong high school, but she had to start at sophomore year in the middle term because the school said they "lost" her application. Yet she a had feeling that they "lost" it on purpose. This was her third year in Korea. Yet she learned the language well. Maybe it was because her mom was Korean.

 

Though she still needed to adapt to the “king” government South Korea had. South Korea had a change of government when the election of 2016 in the U.S. had gone crazy. The newly elected Republican President found a way to bend the checks and balances and all of the other rules the U.S. had. He then used the power from the three branches and tremendously changed the economic U.S. into a run-down city. Yeah, not really doing so great. The once democratic and republican government had been changed into a tyrant one. Korea had became feared that the U.S. would also take advantage, so they changed their form of government into a ancient yet remodeled modern monarchy government.

 

So now, there are literally your “kings”, “queens”, “Cinderellas”, and “Handsome Princes” in Korea. They are like a replicant of those popular Kpop idols.

 

    For the last two years Sulli spent in Korea, she attended an international school. An international school is a reserved school where only foreigners (or people new to the country) could get education at.The regular Korean schools were much more different. Although she was Korean, she was also considered a foreigner, so she had to be placed in an International school to learn the language. Now that she learned the Korean, they placed her in a regular Korean high school with every other average teenager.

 

    Silence. It was all she heard after she introduced herself. If you heard closely enough though, you would hear whispers that she was hearing right now.

 

    "Why is her name Sulli? Isn't she supposed to stay in an international school? She looks Korean though." Someone whispered.

 

    "Is she from America? Guys, I have a feeling that we should avoid her."

 

    "I thought foreigners were supposed to be more prettier. Well I thought wrong," another one whispered, which was definitely a boy.

 

    Sulli frowned. Due to her sensitive ears, she could hear everything from a foot away. It also seemed like the students weren't being nice to her either. Sulli glanced around the classroom to see everyone covering their mouths to whisper to their friends. Except one particular student in the left corner of the back row who looked like he didn't seem to have a single care in the world. All of the students had black hair, since dyeing their hair would mean a trip to detention. Yep, I have read every single one of the rules and guidelines here.

 

    "Ahheemm." The history teacher broke the silent and awkward tension and looked at me. She managed a small smile and directed Sulli to her seat.

 

     Sulli sat down next to two girls, both with black hair. Both of them had their usual school uniform on, the one you would always see anime characters wear to school. One of them were secretly taking out their mirror to put on makeup. The girl had black hair that was shuffled to the side. You could also see her earrings and her ‘v shaped’ neck line.

 

The other one next to her seemed more relaxed and peaceful. Her black bangs covered part of her eyes. She held a pencil and already had her textbooks out, prepared for taking notes and studying. She looked like the teacher's pet.

 

Yet, when Sulli sat in between them, they both shuffled their desks a little farther and gave her a disgusted, dirty look. Sulli sighed and took a seat in her new desk. She took out her assigned notebooks and history textbook. Sulli chose a desk right in the middle of the classroom. Not too close from the smarty pants, not too close from the troublemakers, but just in between.

 

    "Open your textbooks to page 168," the history teacher directed. "Start reading from there and finish on page 173. Then take down notes about the changes of the government in your history notebook."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter