Chapter 2 - It's you

Pure love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is 2 A.M, Jun Su suddenly wakes up from his thirst. He needs to go to the kitchen to get some water. He walks by Ji Hyo bedroom, her door wide opens. He sneaks a peek inside but she is not in her bed. He wonders where she is. He walks downstairs and his step freezes seeing her sitting on the table on their backyard.

Her arms wrap around her knees. With her chin softly rests between her knees, her eyes are staring blankly at the stars. She rocks her body back and forth. She looks lonely, very lonely. He has never seen her that lonely. Her eyes are sad, an indescribable sadness, the kind of sadness that even tears can’t help to wipe away.

 What had happened to her the last 4 years? Before she left him, she was a strong will and positive person. Her life was tough since she had been a kid but she was always lively and happy. He remembers there was time that the three of them didn’t even have money to buy proper meals and had to eat ramen for the whole month but she wasn’t even sad at all. She told them that things would be better and she did make thing better for them.

 But what happens to her now? Why is she so sad? She came back with the same face, same body but seems as different soul. Something really depressing must have happen to her life but what was that? Did someone hurt his noona when he wasn’t there? He is anxious. He takes a deep breath and walks to her.

“Why haven’t you gone to bed, noona?” – He asks, leaning his body against her table, eyes on the sky. He wants to know if there is something up there that can make his noona this upset.

She startles for a moment then steers her eyes back to the dark sky – “I have jetlag.” – She softly says.

“What is your plan, noona? Are you coming back to entertainment world?” – He turns around, pushes his palms against the table, and looks at her, curious.

Her eyes are still fixing at a vague space. – “I don’t know, maybe. I’m not sure if there is still space for me in Korean showbiz. This entertainment world is already too tight and I left for too long.” – Her voice is low and he is worried. It is not the Ji Hyo that he knew. His noona was always very optimistic and confident. She conquered Korean showbiz by herself without anyone having her back but why now ….?

“There is always a space for you here, noona.” – He raises his voice as he can’t stand the depressing attitude of her. He feels as he is losing her even though she is sitting right next to him. She is not the one that he used to know. His noona was a fighter not a loser. – “The media is still talking about you. Everybody still wonder where are you noona. Let’s get back to acting. If you need an agency, you can join our agency. You know Baek Chang Ju hyung right? He is Jun So best friend. You two used to hang out before right? I bet he will be glad to sign with you.”

“You think so?” – She softly asks, not at all excited. As if they are talking about someone else career. Acting used to be her everything. She loved acting very much. She once told him that acting was more than just a job to her. She could live as different people each time she acted. She could be a dirt cheap girl one day and the richest heiress the next day. She didn’t know where she came from because she was an orphanage so she wanted to experience how lives in different classes like. And acting was the only thing could do that for her.  She said she couldn’t imagine her life without acting but right now, she doesn’t seem to have a slightest interest in picking up where she left off. Was there something more important to her than acting? There must be. Or else, she wouldn’t give up her career, give up her passion, and give up on her search for her parents.

What is that then?

He presses his hands firmly on her shoulders, staring in her eyes, serious – “Of course noona, you used to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter