Pep talk

Mutual Ownership

"Hyung, hyung, hyung, pet me, pet me hyung, hyung!" Jongdae said incessantly as he rolled around on the sofa.

Minseok sighed and came out of his bedroom to find Jongdae wiggling his tail and looking at him expectantly. "I swear you were a dog in your past life."

Jongdae narrowed his eyes and puffed his tail out. "How dare you?! I can't believe you would compare me to-no don't touch me-" But he soon melted into Minseok's touch as soon as the elder grabbed the back of his neck and began massaging it. "I hate you." He said with no real venom.

Minseok hummed in response and moved so that Jongdae could drape himself on Minseok's lap and hook his tail around his leg. They stayed like that, only the sound of Jongdae purring and Minseok's fingers carding through his fur could be heard.

"His name's Luhan." Minseok said eventually and Jongdae nudged his stomach with his head to get him to continue. "He seems nice."

Jongdae purred. "What does he do?"

"He's a scientist." Jongdae stiffened on Minseok's lap. "Not a breeder." Minseok said quickly. "I asked him as soon as  he said scientist and he said he is only a plant one-"

"Botanist."

"Yeah a botanist. I finished my set and I was heading out of TLC when he stopped me and asked me for my name because he said he liked my voice and asked if I was a singer and I-"

"Breathe hyung."

Minseok took a deep breath in. "What I'm trying to say is, I have a date tonight, a cute one."

"Good, you haven't been out in ages since Yunho broke up with you." Minseok winced at the mention of his name. "Oh I'm sorry, am I still not allowed to mention him?"

Minseok stared into Jongdae's eyes before coming to a conclusion. "No, you know what, you're right-"

"I always am."

"-I need to move on and Luhan seems like a nice guy-"

"And he's not a breeder."

"-And he's not a breeder which is a great thing. He has a stable job and he doesn't look too bad. I'm excited about this. Yeah I'm excited." He ended with a smile on his face.

Jongdae ears perked. "Are you excited enough to let me groom you?"

Minseok gave him a deadpanned look. "No."

"Hyung please, please hyung, please~" Jongdae begged.

"No. But I will call Jongin-"

"No I don't want to groom Chanyeol or Baekhyun, dogs are so dirty, they take forever to clean."

"Fine then, how about Kri-"

Jongdae quirked his eyebrow. "Tao is a sphinx hybrid hyung, he has no fur. Can you just drop me off at Joonie hyung's place? Kyungsoo lets me groom him sometimes and so does Sehun when he's in a good mood. This way you don't have to worry about me when you're on your date."

"I never have to worry about you anyway because you're a good kitty~" Minseok cooed as he gave Jongdae a full rub down.

After several minutes, Jongdae batted his hand away. "As much as I love you doing that, we need to get ready and go."

"I can always cancel." Minseok suggested casually.

"No!" Jongdae whined. "This is part of the getting over him stage, stop being a coward and just go on one date. This will be good for you. Cute guys are so hard to find, trust me."

"You're a cat."

"I have needs." Jongdae protested.

"I take care of those needs."

Jongdae exaggerated a gasp. "Hyung I didn't know you felt that way about me."

Minseok swatted his head. "Oh shut up." He turned serious again. "But seriously, why didn't you tell me you wanted someone?"

Jongdae rolled his eyes. "Because I did the maths and we can't afford to look after another person, and no, don't say you can make compromises because I don't want you to. I'm happy with the friends I have and occasionally going to cat cafes to meet new people. I'm content hyung." Minseok opened his mouth to say something but Jongdae cut in again. "We're going to be late hyung, don't you want to have with someone that isn't your hand?"

Minseok spluttered for several moments. "What do you watch on tv when I'm at work?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"No. Go get changed."

Jongdae leapt off the sofa and walked to his tiny room. He never really used it because he normally slept with Minseok but it was nice to have his own space, especially since Minseok was such a clean freak about everything. His room was pretty simple; it had a bed, for times when he's mad at Minseok for something or another and doesn't want to sleep in the same room as him, it had a book shelf, because Jongdae loved reading, a dressing table with a large mirror and tons of accessories, and a large wardrobe because Minseok loved spoiling Jongdae and Jongdae loved to be spoilt.

They rushed to get ready because they had already spent so much time talking.

"How do I look?" Minseok asked.

"Totally bangable." Jongdae said as he put on his shoes.

Minseok's shoulders slumped. "I don't want to give off the impression that I'm willing to put out on the first date. Wait, do you think that's why he asked me out? Because he thinks I'm easy."

Jongdae let out a growl of frustration and pushed Minseok out of the door. "Stop overthinking everything. And there's nothing wrong with sleeping with someone on the first date, especially if it's been so long that you've forgotten how to have ."

"Jongdae I will leash you if you keeping talking like that." Minseok said sternly.

Jongdae winked at him. "Oooh ."

"Get a cat they said, it'll be fun they said." Minseok muttered.

Jongdae clung on to his side and rubbed his face on his shoulder. "You love me really Uminnie hyung~"

Minseok relented because no one could stay mad at Jongdae for long, least of all him, the hybrid was just too adorable. "Yeah ok." He said as he scratched him behind the ears.

 


Couple of things, Minseok is Jongdae's owner but their relationship is totally platonic, nothing remotely ual happens unless Minseok is helping Jongdae with his heat, and even then it's not really ual more clinical. All hybrids have a thin layer of fur covering their bodies and their face's are more animal like than humans so it's easier to spot them. Some hybrids have more fur than others. Most hybrids are used for ual purposes but many people use them for companionship, especially the elderly.