Break Up?

Ordinary Love

When she chose to date Sungjae back then –being the pessimistic girl she was– Namjoo knew someday they will break up eventually.

What she didn’t know was that no matter how prepared her heart was, a separation is still a separation and none can feel nothing even after experienced it.

She didn’t know breaking up with Yook Sungjae –especially when he just said he had enough of her and there was someone else (“Joy, she does really bring happiness”) he like for so long–  would bring so much pain in her heart.

Even that so, she tried hard to not show it. She still laughed at Bomi’s lame joke (“What do you call a fish with no eyes? Fsh! Isn’t that funny?”) She still spazzing with Hayoung about Naeun’s co-worker in her new drama (“I heard he can rap and dance too? Dammit! He is so perfect. Can’t you get his number for me eonni?”)

But forgetting about the break up wasn’t that easy. Especially when everyone around her kept reminds her of him, even watching Bomi and Chorong bickering could make her remember about her and Sungjae. How they would bickering like there’s no tomorrow to ended up being a super cheesy couple at the end. But she wouldn’t be able to do it again. She regretted to not savoring the moment with him more.

And the messages from BtoB members and her friends didn’t really help. She was happy to know that they were worried of her but being remembered over and over –when she really wanted to avoid the fact– that they had already break up now was too much.

But making people worried was not something she liked. So even though her heart was broken inside, she still replied them as cheerful as she could, just like nothing was happen and she was okay.

While in the fact she was curling up on her bed, crying her heart out of the loss of her boyfriend. If she knew it would be like this, she should treat him better so that he wouldn’t fall for another girl. No, she shouldn’t have fall for him too deep because it was hurt so bad and none could help her up.

#

Namjoo didn’t realize she fell asleep until her phone rang loudly. She tried to rise up but her head was so hurt -blame those crying- so she just raised her hand to answer the phone call and groaned when a familiar and annoying voice heard, “Ya Kim Namjoo are you sleep?”

“What is it Park Junghwa?”

Namjoo could hear the other girl giggled, “I just want to call you.” Seriously, remind Namjoo to hit her head later. “I’m hanging up.”

“Wait Namjoo-ya! Don’t hang up!”

Namjoo sighed, “Listen Ms. Park Junghwa. I have a massive headache right now and all I want to do is to sleep. So if you have no better reason than to annoy me in the middle of night, just call me again tomorrow.”

“But still you can’t sleep or I’ll get in trouble.” She mumbled

“What trouble?”

There was silent before Junghwa’s voice could be heard, “You know, Sanghyuk asked me to meet his mother.” Namjoo raised her eyebrow, “Then?”

“I don’t know what should I do.”

 “Just meet her, she will like you.”

“But-“ Namjoo couldn’t hear the rest of her sentence because the constant bell sound on her dorm, “Wait a minute Junghwa-ya, I think someone coming.”

“Oh really? I’ll hang up then. Have fun Kim Namjoo! And just forget about what I said before.” Namjoo frowned, “Huh?”

“Good night baby.” And she hanged up just like that. Something is really wrong with Junghwa’s head. Namjoo made a mental note to bring her best friend to the hospital.

She then walked to the main door to found out that she was alone in their dorm. Slowly she opened the door to be greeted by a familiar grin and a big bouquet of flower, “Kim Namjoo, there was none I love but you. So will you be my girlfriend?”

Namjoo was speechless for a moment before her mind could proceedings what really happen; Yook Sungjae standing in front of her door with a big bouquet of flower and his infamous radiating smile. It could be just a dream or maybe her headache was getting worse because she seemed imagined thing.

But after Sungjae took her hand and inside a ring to her finger, Namjoo was finally sure it was really happen, “What is this Yook Sungjae? Is this just a prank?”

Sungjae nodded, “I think I need something different and unforgettable to celebrate our 20 months. So yeah I prepared this for you.” his word was got cut when he saw tears fall down from her eyes, “Hey don’t cry.”

“You break up with me. You said you like someone else. Do you think it’s funny? Is it funny for you?” Namjoo hit his chest while crying like a little kid. Sungjae stood still and let the girl hit him because he thought he deserve it.

He never expected Namjoo’s reaction would be like that. Even though he was happy for knowing that he could affect Namjoo that much, but part of him couldn’t felt bad because he made a girl he love cried.

After Namjoo seemed more relax, he pulled the girl to his hug and whispered “I’m sorry” for nomerous times.

##

They were sit side by side on Namjoo’s small bed, holding hands tightly like none willing to lose the other. Namjoo even leaned her head on Sungjae’s board shoulder while looked at her new ring. It was a simple silver ring with her name and a little flower carved on its surface. Sungjae said he made the design himself and that was the reason why Namjoo couldn’t stop looking at the pretty ring.

“Do you like it that much?” Sungjae couldn’t hide the amuse smile he had after watching Namjoo’s expression. Her big brown eyes stared admiringly at the ring. formed a big smile and she looked like a little kid who just got her candies. “Of course, you made it for me. Thank you.”

“Just thank you?” Sungjae raised his eyebrow, “I prepared all of this, begging Junghwa to not let you sleep befor I come and even asking Chorong noona to give us privacy tonight, you know she is scary right? Well I did it all and all I get from you is just a thank you? Where’s my gift?”

“I didn’t prepare anything.”

“What?” Sungjae turned his body to face Namjoo, “Well don’t blame me. I thought we are really over.”

Sungjae took a deep breath, “Still Kim Namjoo, if I were you I will still give you something as a failed anniversary gift.”

“If you were me will you still make it even though I said I like someone else for months? That’s pathetic.”

Sungjae pouted, “Is it the same reason why you act like nothing happen today?” Namjoo nodded, “I thought you were really okay.”

“Oh you just don’t know how much I cry. Look!” She pointed out her eyes, “It got swollen because of you and I even got a headache. So much for being okay, eh?”

Sungjae chuckled, sometime Namjoo could be childish by complained like that, not that he hate it though, he like that side of her, “Alright I’m sorry.” He kissed her eyes, “It will get better tomorrow morning.”

“Ya! What if it got worse?” Namjoo hit his arm and turned her head to hide her blushing cheeks. It was not the first time Sungjae kissed her suddenly but every time he did it, she always get her cheek blushed.

“Do you think my kiss is infectious?”

“Yes it is.” Right after Namjoo answered it, Sungjae kissed every part of her face, left the poor girl speechless for a moment before she hit him harder, “Ya Yook Sungjae!”

“There I plant a ‘Sungjae love’ viruses in you so you will love me longer than forever. And just for your info, there’s no cure for that virus.”

Namjoo laughed, “You know you’re so stupid, right?”

“Yes just for you.” He winked at the pretending-to-vomit Namjoo. He then hugged her and pulled her down, “Let’s sleep. You said you have a headache.”

Namjoo nodded, “Before that Yook Sungjae,” he looked down at her face to be greeted by a soft kiss on his lips, “Thank you to prepare the surprise for me. Without this I won’t realize how much I love you.”

Sungjae smiled, “That’s good then. I’m so happy to hear that.”   

“But I can be too protective. I won’t let you get too close to Joy outside the filming. I will try my best too so that you won’t fall another girl but me.”

“Alright ma’am,” he tightened his hug then kissed the crown of her head, “Good night Kim Namjoo.”