Confession

Ordinary Love

Falling in love with your best friend is the best thing ever happen in your life

Namjoo never dreamed to date her best friend, let alone fall in love with them. For her, friends are mean to be friends. No love line that can destroy their friendship. Therefore, when Junghwa told her that Sungjae likes her, Namjoo found it ridiculous. “It’s a lame joke Park Junghwa and it’s not funny at all.” But Junghwa insisted that it was not a joke. She was being serious and Namjoo should believe her because she sacrificed her life for telling this to her. Still, Namjoo couldn’t believe it.

It was Yook Sungjae they were talking about. That guy love to joke around, flirting here and there, and everything about him was weird –that’s okay, her friends all weird tho– so Namjoo couldn’t imagine how can that kind of guy fall for her.

Even though she couldn’t lie ever since Junghwa told her about Sungjae’s ‘feeling’ Namjoo unconsciously start to look at Sungjae in a different way.

His smiles was more radiating than usual, Namjoo loved to look at him. His voice was deeper, Namjoo thought it was y. And when his hand touched her head, Namjoo’s heart beat faster. But Namjoo still didn’t want to think that she fall for him. It may be just a psychological effect after knowing that someone likes her.

Namjoo never imagined herself dating her own best friend. Especially Yook Sungjae that she knew for a long time. But when Sungjae confessed to her one month ago, she really didn’t know what to do.

Yes, Yook Sungjae finally confessed his feeling. Confirming to her that everything Junghwa said back then was right. It all started as casual chat in Sunday night. And she didn’t really know how the topic changed from bullying each other to the I like you Sungjae suddenly sent.

Namjoo freeze for a moment. Her mind was blank and she couldn’t think at all. The usual feeling when you got a confession. But after some seconds Namjoo finally could give a respon This is not funny. Stop joking around.

Did you expect Namjoo to believe it just like that? No. She wouldn’t be that stupid. She expected him to reply with a funny emoticons and finally admit that Junghwa and him just pranked her.

But Sungjae’s next reply come unexpected, Do you stupid? Do you think I like to joke around about this?

And another chat came in even before Namjoo knew what to reply, I really like you, Kim Namjoo. Be my girlfriend?

It took some hours and a long call with Junghwa for her to contemplating her answer. Even though she didn’t really sure about her feeling, but quoting from Junghwa, “Give him a chance. Sometimes your happiness are coming from an unexpected person. Sungjae is a good boy after all and he already knew every bad habbits of yours so you won’t need to keep your image in front of him. It’s a good thing to fall for your best friend, Kim Namjoo.”

So Namjoo finally sent a message to Sungjae, Okay. Let’s be a couple, Yook Sungjae. And she left her phone to sleep, too embarrassed to read Sungjae’s reply.

It had been a month since that day. Namjoo can’t say there’s nothing change from them because there are so many things change drastically. Like how Sungjae love to call her with corny pet name like ‘baby’, ‘honey’, ‘love’ or sometimes he will randomly said that she is pretty –he will laugh later because every time he did that, Namjoo’s cheeks become as red as tomato. He also likes to do skin ship a lot from holding her hands to kiss her cheek without warning.

Honestly, Namjoo still feel strange sometime. Some part of her still thinks of him as her best friend therefore sometime it’s still hard for her to treats him as her boyfriend. But Namjoo aware that the other part of her is falling for him deeper each day to the point she got jealous if he is being too close to her members, even though she knew Sungjae has no feeling for them.

Namjoo ever told Sungjae about her inner problem and how much she hate to feel confuse like that. She remember how Sungjae ruffled her hair before said, “You think too much. Just enjoy our time together.”

It took a month for Namjoo to realize that there were none treat and know her better than Sungjae. It took her a month to realize what her heart beat mean. It took her a month to finally realize that she love her boyfriend.

Namjoo never dreamed to date her best friend, let alone fall in love with them. But now, she date her own best friend and even falling in love with him and that feel nice.