Breathing In Reality

Now Is Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been days since their first encounter. Yuna had been exchanging glances with Yongguk and would sometimes give a warm smile to him, and earn back one from him. On the other side, her life at school isn't getting any better. Their finals are in a matter of days. Being in the "nearly bottom" of the food chain, the homeroom teacher had passed the class chairperson title to her since the other(being the top student and having a title in the school) had requested that he wanted a break from his title to focus on his studies. She couldn't retort back since she had no power at all. She was having a hard time too.

Being the class chairperson, she had been assigned to many roles. Leading the class to greet the teacher, books collection, administrative stuff and in charge of keeping the classroom clean as well. It was tough. Yuna couldn't adjust herself to her new role. She felt the heavy weight on her shoulders.

Yuna wrote down the list of things that the teachers wanted her to do by the end of the day. Number one: history books to be collected and submit to the teacher's staff room. Number two: Collect reply slips for the night study. Number Three: Tables to be arranged neatly for the upcoming mock tests. Number Four: Gym cleaning duty after school. 

The last bell of the day rang. Everyone eagerly packed their bags and slowly dispersed after putting their history books at the teacher's table which the teacher had reminded them earlier. After everyone had left, Yuna went to the table and counted the books. Since there were 30 students, she had counted 29 before putting hers at the pile. She carried the pile of books to the teacher's room. As she walked down the stairs, she carefully watched her steps behind the books. As the books were heavy and thick, Yuna has trouble balancing her steps and because the books were blocking her view, she slips down the stairs, the books were flying in different directions as she fell hard on her knees and arms. She didn't bother to examine herself, she quickly gathers the books that had scattered everywhere. As her hands reach out for the last book, she felt a warm hand holding onto hers. She looked up to see the owner of the hand.

"Still the old clumsy Yuna." He smiled warmly at her, pulling her to stand. He took some books from her embrace.

"Jun Hong..."

He only smiled at her and ruffled her hair and muttered the word 'silly'.

"You could have called me instead of tripping down the stairs and have books flying everywhere." Jun Hong closed the door behind them.

"Says the one who didn't even bother to know if I'm still alive." Yuna teases him back.

"Hey, that's not true. You were the one who didn't reply to my messages."

"You texted me?" Yuna raises her brow.

"Yeah, I did." Jun Hong pouted.

"Sorry. I had a full schedule since last week. After school academy." She felt apologetic.

Both of them stopped in front of the staircase

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter