Chapter 18

Fifty Shades of Ms. Jung

Jessica opens the passenger door to the black Audi SUV, and I clamber in. It's a beast of a car. She hasn't mentioned the outburst of passion that exploded in the elevator. Should I? Should we talk about it or pretend that it didn't happen? It hardly seems real, my first proper no-holds-barred kiss. As time ticks on, I assign it mythical, Arthurian legend, Lost City of Atlantis status. It never happened, it never existed. Perhaps I imagined it all. No.

I touch my lips, swollen from her kiss. It definitely happened. I am a changed woman. I want this woman, desperately, and she wanted me.

I glance at her. Jessica is her usual polite, slightly distant self.

How confusing.

She starts the engine and reverses out of her space in the parking lot. She switches on the MP3 player. The car interior is filled with the sweetest, most magical music of two women singing. Oh wow... all my senses are in disarray, so this is doubly affecting. It sends delicious shivers up my spine. Jessica pulls out on to Namdong street, and she drives with easy, lazy confidence.

"What are we listening to?"

"It's the Flower Duet by Delibes, from the opera Lakme. Do you like it?"

"Jessica, it's wonderful."

"It is, isn't it?" she grins, glancing at me. And for a fleeting moment, she seems her age; young, carefree, and heart-stoppingly beautiful. Is this the key to her? Music? I sit and listen to the angelic voices, teasing and seducing me.

"Can I hear that again?"

"Of course." Jessica pushes a button, and the music is caressing me once more. It's a gentle, slow, sweet, and sure assault on my aural senses.

"You like classical music?" I ask, hoping for a rare insight into her personal preferences.

"My taste is eclectic, Tiffany, everything from Thomas Tallis to the Kings of Leon. It depends on my mood. You?"

"Me too. Though I don't know who Thomas Tallis is."

She turns and gazes at me briefly before her eyes are back on the road.

"I'll play it for you sometime. He's a sixteenth century British composer. Tudor, church choral music." Jessica grins at me. "Sounds very esoteric, I know, but it's also magical, Tiffany."

She presses a button, and the Kings of Leon start singing. Hmm... this I know. on Fire. How appropriate. The music is interrupted by the sound of a cell phone ringing over the MP3 speakers. Jessica hits a button on the steering wheel.

"Jessica," she snaps. She's so brusque.

"Ms. Jung, it's Welch here. I have the information you require." A rasping, disembodied voice comes over the speakers.

"Good. Email it to me. Anything to add?"

"No miss."

She presses the button, then the call ceases and the music is back. No goodbye or thanks. I'm so glad that I never seriously entertained the thought of working for her. I shudder at the very idea. She's just too controlling and cold with her employees. The music cuts off again for the phone.

"Jessica."

"The NDA has been emailed to you, Ms. Jung." A woman's voice.

"Good. That's all, Andrea."

"Good day, miss."

Jessica hangs up by pressing a button on the steering wheel. The music is on very briefly when the phone rings again. Holy hell, is this her life, constant nagging phone calls?

"Jessica," she snaps.

"Hi, unnie, d'you get laid?"

"Hello, Krys - I'm on speaker phone, and I'm not alone in the car," Jessica sighs.

"Who's with you?"

Jessica rolls her eyes.

"Tiffany Hwang."

"Hi, Fany unnie!"

Fany!

"Hello, Krystal."

"Heard a lot about you," Krystal murmurs huskily. Jessica frowns.

"Don't believe a word Yoona says."

Krystal laughs.

"I'm dropping Tiffany off now." Jessica emphasizes my name. "Shall I pick you up?" "Sure."

"See you shortly." Jessica hangs up, and the music is back.

"Why do you insist on calling me Tiffany?"

"Because it's your name."

"I prefer Fany."

"Do you now?" she murmurs.

We are almost at my apartment. It's not taken long.

"Tiffany," she muses. I scowl at her, but she ignores my expression. "What happened in the elevator - it won't happen again, well, not unless it's premeditated."

X

She pulls up outside my duplex. I belatedly realize she's not asked me where I live - yet she knows. But then she sent the books, of course she knows where I live. What able, cell-phone-tracking, helicopter owning, stalker wouldn't.

Why won't she kiss me again? I pout at the thought. I don't understand. Honestly, her surname should be Cryptic, not Jung. She climbs out of the car, walking with easy, long-legged grace round to my side to open the door, ever the gentle one - except perhaps in rare, precious moments in elevators. I flush at the memory of on mine, and the thought that I'd been unable to touch her enters my mind. I wanted to run my fingers through her decadent, smooth hair, but I'd been unable to move my hands. I am retrospectively frustrated.

"I liked what happened in the elevator," I murmur as I climb out of the car. I'm not sure if I hear an audible gasp, but I choose to ignore it and head up the steps to the front door.

X

Yoona and Krystal are sitting at our dining table. The fourteen-thousand-dollar books have disappeared. Thank heavens. I have plans for them. She has the most un-Yoona ridiculous grin on her face, and she looks mussed up in a y kind of way. Jessica follows me into the living area, and in spite of her I've-been-having-a-good-time-all-night grin, Yoona eyes Jessica suspiciously.

"Hi Fany unnie." She leaps up to hug me, then holds me at arm's length so she can examine me. She frowns and turns to Jessica.

"Good morning, Jessica unnie," she says, and her tone is a little hostile.

"Miss Im," she says in her stiff formal way.

"Unnie, her name is Yoona," Krystal grumbles.

"Yoona." Jessica gives her a polite nod and glares at Krystal who grins and rises to hug me too.

"Hi, Fany unnie," she smiles, her black eyes twinkling, and I like her immediately. She's obviously nothing like Jessica, but then they're adopted sister.

"Hi, Krystal," I smile at her, and I'm aware that I'm biting my lip.

"Krys, we'd better go." Jessica says mildly.

"Sure." She turns to Yoona and pulls her into her arms and gives her a long lingering kiss.

Jeez... get a room. I stare at my feet, embarrassed. I glance up at Jessica, and she's watching me intently. I narrow my eyes at her. Why can't you kiss me like that? Krystal continues to kiss Yoona, sweeping her off her feet and dipping her in a dramatic hold so that her hair touches the ground as she kisses her hard.

"Laters, baby," she grins.

Yoona just melts. I've never seen her melt before - the words comely and compliant come to mind. Compliant Yoona, boy, Krystal must be good. Jessica rolls her eyes and stares down at me, her expression unreadable, although maybe she's mildly amused. She tucks a stray strand of my hair that has worked its way free from my ponytail behind my ear. My breath hitches at the contact, and I lean my head slightly into her fingers. Her eyes soften, and she runs her thumb across my lower lip. My blood sears in my veins. And all too quickly, her touch is gone.

"Laters, baby," she murmurs, and I have to laugh because it's so unlike her. But even though I know she's being irreverent, the endearment tugs at something deep inside me.

"I'll pick you up at eight." She turns to leave, opening the front door and stepping out on to the porch. Krystal follows her to the car but turns and blows Yoona another kiss, and I feel an unwelcome pang of jealousy.

X

"So, did you?" Yoona asks as we watch them climb into the car and drive off, the burning curiosity evident in her voice.

"No," I snap irritably, hoping that will halt the questions. We head back into the apartment. "You obviously did, though." I can't contain my envy. Yoona always manages to ensnare women. She is irresistible, beautiful, y, funny, forward... all the things that I'm not. But her answering grin is infectious.

"And I'm seeing her again this evening." She claps her hands and jumps up and down like a small child. She cannot contain her excitement and happiness, and I can't help but feel happy for her. A happy Yoona... this is going to be interesting.

"Jessica is taking me to Seoul this evening."

"Seoul?"

"Yes."

"Maybe you will then?"

"Oh, I hope so."

"You like her then?"

"Yes."

"Like her enough to... ?"

"Yes."

She raises her eyebrows.

"Wow. Fany Hwang, finally falling for a woman, and it's Jessica Jung - hot, y billionaire."

"Oh yeah - it's all about the money." I smirk, and we both fall into a fit of giggles.

"Is that a new blouse?" she asks, and I let her have all the unexciting details about my night.

"Has she kissed you yet?" she asks as she makes coffee.

I blush.

"Once."

"Once!" she scoffs.

I nod, rather shame faced.

"She's very reserved."

She frowns.

"That's odd."

"I don't think odd covers it really," I murmur.

"We need to make sure you're simply irresistible for this evening," she says with determination.

Oh no... this sounds like it will be time consuming, humiliating, and painful.

"I have to be at work in an hour."

"I can work with that timeframe. Come on." Yoona grabs my hand and takes me into her bedroom.