free?

it's wrong, it's right--oh who cares it's love

"ow!" Haneul unnie frowned as she rubbed her eye. One hand on the steering wheel, the other applying mascara

I rolled my eyes and handed her a tissue "unnie, seriously. applying mascara while on the road? do you want us to run someone down or something?" Haneul unnie failed driver's education thrice--Daejin unnie twice.

she rubbed her right eye and blinked for a few times "Yah, i forgot to apply some back at home, okay? this is crucial."

"so you'd rather get us into trouble than going to school bare-faced?"

"mmm" she stepped on the brakes as we waited for Daejin unnie. Every other day, Haneul unnie's dad lends her his cr. It's a brand new porsche. Fast and cute.

 

Daejin unnie opened the door to the backseat and got in "morning"

"morning" me and Haneul greeted in unison.

"can we go get some breakfast? i'm starved." Daejin unnie complained.

"me too. i haven't eaten breakfast" Haneul unnie added. My two unnies were into the new vegan diet. vegetables were like their gods or something.

Haneul unnie was slim. She had a model's body and planned to keep it that way. she dyed her straight hair from black to brown to impress the guy she liked down at the local resto.

Daejin unnie was curvy. y and wild. Just like Haneul unnie, she was overly obsessed with make-up and fashion.

and me? I'm different. Boyish. i guess.

 

we drove to a nearby cafe. Daejin unnie and i got out while Haneul unnie looked for a place to park her car.

"remind me later to bring a plastic bag next time unnie's going to drive. i feel nauseous everytime she drives." Daejin unnie whispered. I nodded, she should go back to driving school.

we all entered the cafe. the vibe was relaxing. the walls were painted light green and the furnitures were all white and modern. a catchy pop song was being played in the background.

The unnies and i took a seat by the windows.

"Daejin noona!!" a tall, chestnut brown haired boy ran to our table. He had a cute smile that made you want to shrink him and put him in your pocket.

Daejin smiled "hi Minwoo" Minwoo was Daejin unnie's cousin. The kid was 16 and was utterly cute. People mistook him as an eleven year old.

"say hi to your other noonas" Daejin smiled.

Minwoo waved his hand and smile cheerfully "hi Haneul noona! Hi Minbae noona!"

"hi minwoo" we smiled back at him.

"what would the pretty noonas have for today?" he asked as he fished out a notebook and a cute panda pencil.

"i'll have chocolate milk tea." daejin odered.

"uulong milk tea." haneul unnie ordered.

"caramel milk tea." i said as i glanced around the room. someone caught my eyes. a waiter was patiently waiting for the customer to pay the bill. He flipped his blonde bangs away from his eyes.

'L.Joe' I blinked. he sensed someone looking at him and he slowly looked at my way. a soft smile crawled onto his face. i quickly looked down, pretending that i didn't see him.

"oh and i'll order a chocolate filled doughnut." daejin unnie added.

Minwoo nodded "alright! i'll be back with you orders noonas!!" and then he pranced away to the kitchen.

"hey ladies." oh in my pants. it's L.Joe!!

Daejin and Haneul unnie smiled at him "HI L.Joe oppa."

L.Joe looked at me "Hi Minbae."

i gave him a small wave "Hi Byunghun oppa..." i don't call him L.Joe, it's weird.--his name i mean.

"nice apron. Pink really is a guy color huh?" Haneul unnie teased. L.Joe actually looked cute wearing a pink cafe apron.

 

He shrugged "i normally don't serve customers. but one of the waitresses were absent so i decided to take her place."

"aww. how gentleman of you" daejin unnie gushed. the unnies glanced at me they gave me a look that read 'talk! this is your chance!'

I opened my mouth to say a word, but my stomach growled loudly--in a not cute way.

L.Joe cracked a smile "i guess you really are hungry huh? do you want to order something, Minbae-ah?"

i shook my head. nice one Minbae. Nice one.

"Ya, L.Joe! Take these to table 4!" someone called out from the kitchen. L.Joe looked at us "anyways, i gotta go work. See ya later at school, girls." he smiled and left for the kitchen.

Daejin unnie gave me a look "seriously Minbae..."

"if you weren't our bestfriend, i would have marked a big letter 'L' on your forehead." Haneul unnie shook her head. displeased.

I shrugged "hey, i'm not used to flirting like you guys okay? Give me a break."

--

"Gah. I hate P.E" Daejin unnie complained as we got out of the girls locker room.

"me too. i hate getting my new running shoes dirty again." Haneul unnie said while stretching her arms. I don't know why they hate P.E. This is one of my favorite classes. I love running around and getting hyped.

The whistle was blown.

"alright! go get a partner and do some stretching!" our P.E teacher, coach Hwang shouted. Daejin unnie gripped Haneul unnies arm. I sighed. I guess i'm going to go ask some random person to be my partner again.

Haneul unnie gave me an apologetic look "mianhe Minbae-ah."

i shook my head "nah. it's okay. i'll just go ask Onew oppa to be my partner again." Onew oppa is the good-looking but weird boy in class, he's been the class representative for four years now. His love for fried chicken is too weird for comfort.

"why look for a partner when i'm here?" i turned around to see Myungsoo smirking down at me.

I pushed him away "no thanks, Myungsoo-ssi." i walked away to find another potential P.E partner. There's CAP, the buff boy with a weird nickname. Umm, there's also Yoseob oppa, but he's a little bit too feminine and...never mind.

My eyes then landed on L.Joe oppa. But he already has a partner.

"seriously Minbae, I'm free." Myungsoo said as he stood right behind me "come on, i won't bite."

I sighed "fine, BUT i'm just doing this for P.E. No weird thoughts, got that?" i eyed him.

He gave me a salute "yes ma'am."

we started stretching together by the corner of the gymnasium.

 

"what are you doing this saturday?" he asked as we stretched our arms.

"are you asking me on a date?" i asked.

"If i said yes, would you come then?"

I snorted "no." i then stopped stretching why are you asking me that question?"

Myungsoo stopped stretching as well "because i AM asking you on a date." he smirked "dinner's on me, of course."

"sorry, I have other plans." I lied. I was totally free on saturday.

he raised an eyebrow "plans? Really now..."

I nodded and started to jog on my place "yep. Like wash my mom's car, babysit my neighbor's pet cat, and do my nails." one, my mom doesn't have a car. two, my neighbor's pet cat dies months ago. and three, i don't 'do' my nails.

I could see he wasn't buyin it, but Myungsoo shrugged "alright, next time then."

The whistle was blown once more "BASKETBALL! Lee Byunghun go pick your team mates. Newbie Kim Myungsoo, you do the same."

L.Joe smiled, his eyes landed on me "Jang Minbae."

The L.Joe picked me and smiled at me... ME NOW

After picking their team mates, I nervously went to L.Joe's team.

"Hi Minbae" One oppa greeted me, I waved at him.

"alright guys, who wants to play? Some can sit on the benches if you guys don't want to." L.Joe tgeb smiled at me "do you want to stay by the benches?"

is he kidding me? i hate being a bystander "nah. I'll play."

"Okay! let's start the game!" Coach Hwang blew her whistle.

The ball was at L's hands. He dribbled passed Onew, but L.Joe quickly snateched it. He chest passed it to CAP , and the said boy dunked it into the ring, scoring our team.

So the games was pretty much like an L vs. L.Joe game. I swore those two were tempted to slit each other's throats open throughout the match.

"Hyung! Great game!" my younger guy classmate gave L.Joe a high-five.

"ne. thanks to my team mates." L.Joe smiled as other classmates congratulated him. I smiled happily, it's nice to see L.Joe play hardcore basketball live.

 

"Minbae!" i turned around to see L.Joe making his way towards me, slowly avoiding other people so he could reach me.

"are you free this Saturday?" He asked with a sweet smile on his face.

Oh gawd...is he asking me out?! KILL ME NOWWWWW

I blinked "uh...no?" damnit! my heart's beating too fast!!

L.Joe smiled "do you want to come with us? me and my friends are going to have dinner at the new pizza place." he then smiled wider "dinner's on me."

"uh...well...sure. I'd love to!" i blurted. i'd love to? ew, now that was cheesy.

He smiled "really? I'll pick you up around 6 o'clock." he then turned around and headed out of the building. Seriously, is this real?!

"Minbae! Hurry up!!" Haneul unnie called out from the main exit.

"okay!" i started for the door. I then paused as i saw my reflection on the windows.

WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO WEAR?!

 

[[finally! i updated! LOL XD thanks for reading!! *gives cookies* and thanks for those who subscribed and commented!! <3 *gives cookies* ^^]]