two

it's wrong, it's right--oh who cares it's love

"Minbae-ah! Hurry up! We'll be late for History class!" Daejin unnie shouted from the other side of the cafeteria.

I snapped out of my reverie and ran out of the cafeteria as fast as i can. jeez. that new kid's getting me into trouble. Due to the velocity and speed  of my run, I failed to notice the kingka L.Joe coming out of the bathroom-- and yes, I bumped into him--.

 

"oh,  Minbae" L.Joe smiled at me. Oh my freaking gosh. The L.JOE KNOWS MY NAME!!

"sorry for bumbing into you. i didn't notice you were running." he then cooly extended his hand "here, let me help you up."

oh . i think i'm going to pee in my pants.

I slowly took his hand and he helped me up.

"Uh...thanks L.Joe oppa." I was kinda nervous about calling him 'oppa'.

He smiled "no problem Minbae." he then flipped his bangs "i gotta go, see ya soon."

I blined. . I really did pee this time.

--

"ya, why were you late for class earlier?" Haneul unnie asked as the three of us walked home from school.

Daejin unnie nodded "yeah. Mr. Math almost kicked you out of class because of being tardy for the third time."

I smiled a bit "well... i bumped into L.Joe"

They both scoffed "oh really."

"hey, i'm serious!" I said as i flipped my phone open.

"yeah right Haejin." Haneul unnie chuckled

"I'm serious!!"

"psh. You and L.Joe? seriously, it must have been your imagination--" Daejin unnie stopped blabbing. Her eyes were wide. Haneul unnie followed her gaze and was amazed as well.

I sighed. It's either they just saw a cute guy pass by or a 'sale' sign on a store's window.

i followed their gaze.

 

"Hey there seatmate." L smirked as he rode his motorcyle "you want a lift?"

Daejin and Hanuel unnie gave me weird stares.

I roll my eyes "ugh no thanks Myungsoo-ssi."

 

he frowned "oh come on. I'm a good driver."

 

"I said no thanks." i muttered, trying not to punch him.

Myungsoo shrugged "oh well. Your loss anyways." he then revved the handle and sped away.

"Ya!" Haneul unnie slapped my arm. I winced "ow! Unnie?! what the hell was that for?!"

She gave me a stern look "for being an idiot! why didn't you accept his offer?!"

daejin unnie nodded "ye! why didn't you?!"

I shrugged "because i don't like him."

"m-mwuh?!" they said in uniso. They really love to overreact in simple things.

I kciked a nearby pebble " I have money. i don't need his 'friendly' offer."

so the unnies continued to nag me about the myungsoo thing. seriously.

"You should have took his offer, Minbae." Haneul unnie said as we continued walking home.

"he's like, the first guy to be kind towards you." he said with a smile.

I stopped "whoa, whoa. hold up. you unnies are overreacting. he's not the first guy to offer me a ride."

Daejin shook her head "anio. all the boys think of you like you're their 'bro' or soemthing."

"yeah." Haneul unnie smirked "you're too boyish to be treated kindly."

I rolled my eyes "You unnies..seriously." Thank God we were already outside of my apartment.

 

 

Am i really that boyish? i mean-- it's not like i sport a weird boy cut or rolle bandages around my chest. i'm just not girly.

 

I glanced at my reflection on the mirror..

messy hair.

dirt stains on my blouse from soccer practice.

a few scars here and there.

seriously--i'm not that boyish!

--

i just realized i wear boxers than

--

my eyebrows are a lil bit busy...maybe i should go shave them off?

--

hey, atleast i have perfect teeth!

 

"Minbae?" oh it's mom. i stopped staring at the mirror and went out of my room.

"omma?"

"can you come with e to the grocery? i need to buy a few things for dinner."

i nodded. it's not like i have a choice though. i wore my gray hoodie and zipped up my shorts. i'm not a fashion freak, simplicity is the best.

 

It was a five minute walk from my house to the grocery. i pushed the shopping cart while my mom pranced aisle to aisle, picking  random stuff. i plugged my earphones and continued pushing the shopping cart while listening to some Gdragon song.

 

"Minbae, come on sweetie. let's go pay these." mom said as she walked towards the cashiers. i pushed the cart and followed her.

"aw." my mom frowned "the line's long." yep. she's right. all the lines at the cashiers were pretty long. I took off my earphones and shoved it in my hoodies pocket. i could feel someone hitting my legs. i glanced a bit and noticed it was a little girl, plaing around. usually, i have a long string of patience when it comes to kids... but today was an exception since the line was long and i feel pretty crappy (blame the Myungsoo kid)

 

The kid was playing arpund and her back kept bumping onto the back of my legs.

My patience broke when the kid bumbed really hard onto me.

"Watch it--" i turned around and my eyes widened.

"hey seatmate." it was Myungsoo. he wore a white v-neck shirt and jeans that matched his cocky smile. His hands were wrapped around the kid's neck "was she bothering you? mianhe. my lil sister's in her sugar high mode."

I raised an eyebrow "little sister?" i stared at the little girl who looked nothing like L.

"yeah. isn't she a cutie?" myungsoo's smile then turned into a smirk "but of course, compared to you--you're cuter."

I rolled my eyes and was about to answer back when i felt my mom pull my arm.

"honey, we're next." mom said, her gaze at Myungsoo was a mixture of curiousity and amazement. Myungsoo bowed a bit "good evening ma'am"

usually my mom would smile back, but right now she didn't. she just gave him a nod and then pulled me "come on sweetie, elt's go."

-

"mom, what's wrong?" i asked as the two of us were puttng away the groceries.

"hmm?"

i folded the empty grocery bags "you acted pretty strange back at the grocery. what's up?"

she shook her head "anio. nothing's wrong.." a sad smile then crawled onto her lips "i just miss your dad."

 

dad.

my dad left mom a year after my birth. he was like a modern-day casanova--minus the italian accent. Bassed from the stories my aunts anduncles told me, dad was a playboy and had many flings with various woment while dating my mom. it's amazing how my mom still loved dad, even though he left her for another girl.

"do you miss your dad?" mom asked, hopeful.

I shrugged "a bit." i lied.

Her smile was still sad "he loved you, you know."

Lies.

I just nodded "i'm going tofinish my homework." i don't have homework. i just wanted tot end this emotional conversation.

Mom nodded and wipped away the tears that were streaming down her cheeks "alright honey, dinner will be ready by six." i just nodded and went upstairs."